Poll: Is a knife part of your EDC?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is a knife part of your EDC?
I EDC a Spyderco Manix 2 everywhere except work!
(04-28-2011, 06:22 PM)MikeyJ Wrote:  I EDC a Spyderco Manix 2 everywhere except work!

Why not at work? I've never had a job where knives were prohibited.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

deleted.
My Kershaw Leek rests in the small change pocket. Great little knife - especially the Speedsafe assisted opening - but I really should have gone with the serrated Leek seeing as I primarily cut cardboard. Definitely not suitable as a defensive blade but a great "utility" knife.
(04-10-2010, 03:08 AM)lawrra Wrote:  I have a Spyderco Police clipped in my right, front pocket whenever I'm carrying. I've been looking at the waved Spydercos and carrying it in my left pocket.

[Image: SPYDERCO%20POLICE%20SERRADA.JPG]

That is one nice looking Spyderco!!!

The knife I carry depends on the day. I have a couple that I carry on days that I am at work as they see a lot of use and need to be more durable, but not so expensive that I will want to break down and cry if they get a nick in the blade. I always carry in my front pocket, with the clip holding it at the opening of the pocket for ease of being able to get to it. My grandpa always had a pocket knife on him when I was growing up, and he taught me that there are many reasons and uses for carrying one at all times.
I have so many different types of carry knives that I can't even begin to remember the types and names of them all. lol
But suffice it to say, I always have one on me. Be it at home or away.
Just like alang, that's one of my grandpa's lessons I still keep with me to this day. ;-)
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
[Image: photo.aspx?photoID=2135]

'nough said
There never was a bad man that had ability for good service.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Life never forgives weaknesses.
-Adolf Hitler
I EDC a SOG Flash II everywhere except for work as well. They have a no weapons policy and can't afford to lose my job so I adhere to it.
- Tim
(08-14-2011, 04:20 PM)black71label Wrote:  I EDC a SOG Flash II everywhere except for work as well. They have a no weapons policy and can't afford to lose my job so I adhere to it.

wow, it must suck working in a void/vacuum.

without Keyboards
Without Pens or Pencils
No Chairs to sit in.
No Telephones to answer

Sometimes people are so absurd with their delusions of safety and security

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler
dont really carry weapons , but there is always a pen in my pocket :biggrin:
When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not your friend.
almost always have one in the front right pocket
Carry an Emerson commander in the right front pocket everyday. I always have at least one blade on me. When asked why I carry a knife, I always answer the same way. " Within 21 feet, I win". I've been a student and a trainer for RAVEN tactical systems international for awhile now. Most of our post certified offerings deal with knives. Defense and offense of the tactical duty knife. As well as plain out knife fighting techniques.
I have now switched over to a Benchmade Barrage. I think the Axis locking mechanism is one of the nicest locking mechanisms there is available today and the assisted opening is nice. Was gonna get the auto but decided the potential hassle in something like a possible traffic stop was not worth it. Not to mention, having my $200 knife taken by da popo kinda sucks too.
(08-23-2011, 03:09 PM)theturtle06 Wrote:  I have now switched over to a Benchmade Barrage. I think the Axis locking mechanism is one of the nicest locking mechanisms there is available today and the assisted opening is nice. Was gonna get the auto but decided the potential hassle in something like a possible traffic stop was not worth it. Not to mention, having my $200 knife taken by da popo kinda sucks too.

How much was the Barrage?
List is ~$120. I got it at cost, otherwise I think I woulda kept my Kershaw. But my bday is coming up and I thought I'd spoil myself a bit. My kershaw was a nice knife but the Benchmade shames it frankly (as one would expect with it costing twice as much)
Ouch! A buck twenty huh? :-/
I keep telling myself I should get a high quality expensive carry knife like that......BUt I just abuse my carry knives WAY too much to ever spend that kind of cash on one.
I don't know about you, but my knife gets used as a multi tool all the dang time. LOL
I gotcha. My knife is a lot more show than go from a utility tool standpoint: wink :biggrin:

My Kershaw cut just fine, but I wanted something a bit fancier. I usually use it for light duty - cardboard, letters, ect., and I really like a certain amount of heft to everything I have - aside from my ladies wink . This benchmade has that good heft in the hand that just screams "quality"
Benchmade knives are incredible.

I own 3 of them and I don't regret a single one.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
Gerber's have never let me down.
KaBar isn't too bad either.
keep a knife or two in my purse. Depends on the occasion or where i'm going. Plus i have a nice handy dandy cutco mini pocket knife on my key chain. Things a beast!
MOD Armory
www.modarmory.com
2834 Janitell Rd.
Colorado Springs CO 80906