Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to dump 30 rounds in about 3 seconds....
As far as the ammo waster goes, I knew it would be. No worries there. I did build this rifle specifically for this stock. The upper is an Adams Arms piston upper. I absolutely LOVE it. The piston itself reduces felt recoil and the extra gas is expended up and to the sides of the gas block. This helps tremendously with muzzle rise. I also added a muzzle brake instead of a flash hider. I can easily keep all 30 rounds center mass at 20 yards.
I like it. Looks like fun. I know they make something similar for AK's and I have been curios about them. The price tag is what is stopping me from getting one though.
(01-25-2012, 08:42 PM)weaponize Wrote: The price tag is what is stopping me from getting one though.
That's what I've been draggin my heels on as well. I realize it's a unique product that adds a lot of fun factor to shooting an AR, but 350 bucks is over half of what it cost me to build my AR!

I figure I'll either buy one at some point and enjoy it for what it is, or I'll never buy one because I find the price tag too high and then always kick myself for not buying one before they were outlawed. N00b

[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
(01-25-2012, 10:42 PM)Ape Wrote:
(01-25-2012, 08:42 PM)weaponize Wrote: The price tag is what is stopping me from getting one though.
That's what I've been draggin my heels on as well. I realize it's a unique product that adds a lot of fun factor to shooting an AR, but 350 bucks is over half of what it cost me to build my AR!

I figure I'll either buy one at some point and enjoy it for what it is, or I'll never buy one because I find the price tag too high and then always kick myself for not buying one before they were outlawed. N00b

Consider this, A full auto rifle is going to cost at least 10k. Other NFA toys like A suppressor are at least $500. This stock is a lot more fun than a can. All of the sudden that $350 seems like a bargain..... At least that was the "logic" I used to justify it. lol AR15firing

Oh ya, I've thought about the full auto pricing as well. But I've also come to the realazation that those things aren't really comparable. I'm not knocking the fun factor of this stock, because it's obviously got that in spades. I just can't get over the fact that the price point on this plastic stock is too high for the technology and engineering involved. Just the Jew in me I guess. :-/ lol
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
they're down to $299 now. I will be picking one up this summer. They're legal for now, but I have a sickening feeling that it's only a matter of time before some mentally screwed shooter gets ahold of one and really lays waste to people in a school or a mall or a packed place with one of these.

I was just absolutely amazed that ATF even allowed this. I hope I can pick one up before anything happens to get them banned.