Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to dump 30 rounds in about 3 seconds....
...without a class 3. Me trying out my new SSAR 15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Je60CJscW4&feature=youtu.be
hmmm.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

How many hit the target?
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
-Samuel Adams
NICE!
I've been wavering back and forth for a while now on whether or not I want to shell out over 3 bills for one.
How long have you had yours (round count) and what would you consider to be the pro's and con's for it?
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
Don't have an AR yet. This might be something to pick up now though. Looks like a lot of fun.
When in doubt. JFC.

(01-23-2012, 12:25 AM)Teufelhund Wrote: How many hit the target?

Every single one. Torso target.
(01-23-2012, 12:28 AM)Ape Wrote: NICE!
I've been wavering back and forth for a while now on whether or not I want to shell out over 3 bills for one.
How long have you had yours (round count) and what would you consider to be the pro's and con's for it?

I sold a gun I never shot to fund it and do not regret it at all. This was my first outing with it so round count is low at 120. The pros.... are obvious Thumbsup. The ergonomics of it are not great, good, not great. The actual grip wasnt comfortable at all, but a pachmyer slip on helped it tremendously. Although very expensive for a piece of plastic, I dont think it will ever break. It seems exremely durable. Its easy to install which is good because this will probably not stay on all the time. Less than five minutes can put you back to original configuration. There is a learning curve on controlling the bursts. Im not quite there yet, I was too busy just letting them fly.
Great review, thanks Bently! You answered everything I was wondering about. Even the interchangability I forgot to ask you about. lol
Definitely keep us posted on how things go for you as the round count progresses.
Thanks Ape. I will keep you updated. I have enough components to load 2000 rounds on the 550b so I plan on giving her a nice work out. :D
So any bets on when they'll get banned?
When in doubt. JFC.

(01-23-2012, 08:17 AM)Fracker Wrote: So any bets on when they'll get banned?

That is my biggest worry. Supposedly if you own one it will get grandfathered in and not have to be surrendered. The Alphabet boys have been known to change their mind. Slidfire solutions is busy pumping out new products including this second gen and one for the AK. It can't help having all these idiots posting videos on YT.....N00b
Very nice! I've been wondering about those as well and it looks like I may have to check into getting one sooner than later.
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
It's just a normal purchase right? No paperwork involved?
When in doubt. JFC.

(01-23-2012, 12:03 PM)Fracker Wrote: It's just a normal purchase right? No paperwork involved?
Correct.
(01-23-2012, 12:35 PM)Bentley Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 12:03 PM)Fracker Wrote: It's just a normal purchase right? No paperwork involved?
Correct.

Pay cash, don't brag about it and definitely don't post youtube vids about it.:grin:

Won't have to surrender because they won't know you have it.
When in doubt. JFC.

According to Slide Fire Solutions web site, there are two retailers in the area for them - Neve's Uniforms and 5280 Armory.
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
That's awesome! In the Corps, we referred to shoulder-fired automatics (I realize you're bump-firing, but the rate of fire is comparable) as "ammunition wasters" since there is no way to reasonably control the muzzle rise to keep rounds on target. It was proven to me using the burst mode on an M16A2, but of course, those weapons didn't have any cool addons like vertical foregrips.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
-Samuel Adams
No biggy on the "waste of ammo" thing. When it comes to something like this it's about the fun factor and nothing more. ;-)
Yeah you wouldn't think about the ammo until the drive home. Then you'd be saying to yourself, "How in the world did I shoot 500 rounds in 10 minutes.
When in doubt. JFC.

LOL.... Well I have a bunch of hi cap mags that I dump way too many rounds through already. After the 100, 90, 60 and 40 rounders it goes away fast anyhow. ;-)