Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Where did you OC today?
This thread disappeared. Apparently it was deleted on accident. So here it is again.

This may be old hat to a lot of you but to a new person this information could be very helpful.

This is not the place to debate the merits of OC vs. CC. Simply post your OC experiences.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Lately I've been getting around. Having a week off work helps. Some of the places I've been include Bdubs, Red Lobster, gas stations, Denny's, Village Inn, Wal-Mart, barber, Starbucks etc. Most of these were in the Aurora, Parker and Centennial areas. No problems from businesses, people or police.
When in doubt. JFC.

Over the last couple weeks, Hoong's Palace in Centennial and Wal-Mart. No issues or comments from anyone.
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Today at Village Inn and Lowes in Brighton and some gas station off I-70.
When in doubt. JFC.

Super Cuts on Friday I believe. Was CCW but had to take my coat off for the cut. Not sure anyone saw or if they did, cared.
Today at Mao-Mart and a restaurant in Bennet.
When in doubt. JFC.

Glad to see this thread resurected!
I actually like to OC at least once a week, but the last month or so I've been missing my goal by a lot! :-/
I've rarely been given notice when I do, but a few times I've had some positive expreiences.
Last one was at Wally World and I got to educate a younger couple about the laws and advantages to gun ownership and carrying.

Long story short......The girl saw me and made a face but tried to hide it. A few seconds later I could hear hear telling her hubby. She sounded horrified so I interupted and tried to put their minds at ease. In the end they both seemed intrigued, interested and a bit nervous all at the same time. I just felt good and walked away with a smile. :-D
To be honest though, I kept expecting to see WW staff or the cops to come around every corner after that. lol
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
(01-23-2012, 12:42 AM)Ape Wrote: Glad to see this thread resurected!
I actually like to OC at least once a week, but the last month or so I've been missing my goal by a lot! :-/
I've rarely been given notice when I do, but a few times I've had some positive expreiences.
Last one was at Wally World and I got to educate a younger couple about the laws and advantages to gun ownership and carrying.

Long story short......The girl saw me and made a face but tried to hide it. A few seconds later I could hear hear telling her hubby. She sounded horrified so I interupted and tried to put their minds at ease. In the end they both seemed intrigued, interested and a bit nervous all at the same time. I just felt good and walked away with a smile. :-D
To be honest though, I kept expecting to see WW staff or the cops to come around every corner after that. lol

Agreed, good to see it back. In fact, the original one was what got me to start OC'ing once in a while. I was at Wal-Mart over the weekend and had no issues, and have not had anyone yet say anything or give me any nervous looks - yet. I think that a lot of it has to do with the way the person that is carrying is acting. If you act nervous about openly carrying the people around you will pick up on it and be nervous about it as well. If you go about your business without drawing attention to yourself, most people won't notice.
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Agreed, you're demeanor is very important. Even more so than how you are dressed IMO.
When in doubt. JFC.

Yep, kind of funny that the first time I OC'ed with my wife around, she didn't even notice. Usually she is the one that will let me know if I'm "printing" when I'm concealing, so for her to not notice, knowing full well that I always carry, says something. My guess would be that the majority of people that get noticed do so because of one of the following:

1) They are nervous about doing so and therefore draw attention to themselves.

2) There are small children around that notice and tell their parents, etc. They seem to notice EVERYTHING!
Kids definitely notice more. They don't have the ignore everyone around you and keep your head down, mind your own business that adults develop. They take in everything and a holster is eye level.

The other day I stopped by McD's with my two kids. While choosing a table I noticed to kids look at me and their eyes got real big. They then turned to their mother. I put my kids in the booth and went back to the counter to get our food. When I turned around the mom and kids were walking out the door. Don't know if them leaving was coincidence or if they left because of me. Hopefully not the latter.
When in doubt. JFC.

Kids are definitely the ones who notice more often!

I had a little boy maybe 4 or 5 years old point me out to his dad at a gas station.
As I was walking in they were walking out and the little boy said something to the effect of "Look dad, a police officer". The dad didn't look up and murmered something to the effect of "Yup". Then he said it again and the dad looked up and saw me smiling at them. He then told his son that I wasn't a Cop but just a man practicing his right to carry a gun and keep himself safe. :-D
I said my hello's and went on my way with a knowing smile, while the dad and son had a nice conversation about the 2nd Amendment. A great experience all in all I'd say! :-D
ThumbsupThumbsup

(01-23-2012, 02:11 PM)Ape Wrote: Kids are definitely the ones who notice more often!

I had a little boy maybe 4 or 5 years old point me out to his dad at a gas station.
As I was walking in they were walking out and the little boy said something to the effect of "Look dad, a police officer". The dad didn't look up and murmered something to the effect of "Yup". Then he said it again and the dad looked up and saw me smiling at them. He then told his son that I wasn't a Cop but just a man practicing his right to carry a gun and keep himself safe. :-D
I said my hello's and went on my way with a knowing smile, while the dad and son had a nice conversation about the 2nd Amendment. A great experience all in all I'd say! :-D

When in doubt. JFC.

BewaremodsThreadjackedPoopRoflRedxdanceWrongdoor
Smileak
Smilie no worky.

Let's see. Where have I OC'd.............No where. I haven't been anywhere lately except work and Church. Can't OC at work and choose not to at Church.
When in doubt. JFC.

I went with the family to Black Eyed Pea in Castle Rock for lunch Sunday. The waitress just smiled when she saw that I was carrying, but there was a guy at a nearby table that about had his eyes pop out of his head when we got up to leave. Other than that, I don't think anybody else noticed.
Anyone else plan on OCing the 14th at your local Starbucks?
(02-08-2012, 01:06 PM)Ape Wrote: Anyone else plan on OCing the 14th at your local Starbucks?

Yep, I'll go to at least one or two.
(02-08-2012, 01:06 PM)Ape Wrote: Anyone else plan on OCing the 14th at your local Starbucks?
Noon, Garden of the Gods and Centennial, Colorado Springs. Some people from opencarry.org are going to be there.

O2
Where in Centennial? That's not too far from me. I was planning on hitting a couple in the Lone Tree/Highlands Ranch area where I live. My 12 year old daughter even asked me if she could go with me to one after I pick her up from school! :grin: