Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shtf, pick 5 firearms.
I dont think the 22LR gets enough credit. I would definitely have one in my list.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

a 22 is great for training new shooters with out having to use the good ammo...its also extremely quiet supressed
22 is also great for varmints...which in a SHTF scenario means food!

A rabbit, groundhog, even fox could be food for a few days. Plus, as previously noted, is very quiet when suppressed,
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
(12-29-2013, 04:30 PM)fatherdeath Wrote: a 22 is great for training new shooters with out having to use the good ammo...its also extremely quiet supressed

Also if you factor in weight and size 22LR is ideal if you have to be on the move. How many rounds of loose .22 can you fit in one ammo can?

I also think it is undervalued as a general hunting and self defense round.

(12-29-2013, 06:57 PM)DGCJason Wrote: 22 is also great for varmints...which in a SHTF scenario means food!

A rabbit, groundhog, even fox could be food for a few days. Plus, as previously noted, is very quiet when suppressed,

Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Mossberg Mdl 46B(a) .22LR w Bushnell 3x9 scope
Marlin Mdl 60SS Papoose Breakdown .22LR
Rem 870
Stag Arms 5.56/.223 w bipod & Bushnell scope
Bersa Ultracompact .45
and, I cheat! Backup to this collection is a Browning Mdl 1910 .380 (in .32 caliber, this weapon supposedly started WWI in Sarajevo with the death of Archduke Ferdinand and his wife Sophie. BTW nearly 100 years ago in August of 1914.)
(12-29-2013, 10:16 AM)Beau Wrote: I dont think the 22LR gets enough credit. I would definitely have one in my list.

Amen!!