Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shtf, pick 5 firearms.
I'm sure you have seen these posts before, I love'm. And to make it interesting I will set some simple rules for fun. Here's the deal, the euro defualted on it's debts/ we couldn't pay the bill either. The dollar is worth more as fire starter than currency. Gas stations stopped pumping, riots, and food stores everywhere have
Been raided. Pick 5 firearms, shit just hit the fan and who knows when people will start thinking again. Time to go camping. What Are you bringing along and why?
Glock 17, light, as high capacity as you'd like. rounds easy to come by and stupid reliable and simple to maintain. This is what would always be on me no matter what. 9mm is my personal hand gun choice

Ak47, again high capacity, end of times proven durability. Again, easy to maintain/clean. Also,
this is one intimidating weapon. I'm no hunter, but indent see why it wouldnt work/ the accuracy on these is much better than people say.

Marlin 60 22lr. time to eat some meat, birds, rabbits shoot potential self defense. I love how many rounds of 22 fit in a small space. Should again be very easy to
Come across ammo.

Ruger mark 3 22/45 7 inch barrel. Great again for hunting and it shares the caliber with the marlin. Plus with the length and optic sight it's just Stupid accurate/easy to shoot.

Saiga 12. Reliable, simple, high capacity, nothing better for self defense. Good for hunting to boot.

G17 works.
G19 back up pistol, same caliber as above+ can use same mags as above.
SBR AR in 9mm takes Glock mags.
Remy 870
AR15 + 22lr conversion kit.
"The more you know - the less you need."
1. My Kimber Desert Warrior; has never failed me, I have lots of mags and ammo.
2. My Ruger SR556; kinda like cheating, 30+ Pmags, and it doesn't need to be cleaned to work.
3. My AimPro Tactical Mossberg 500A; enough said.
4. My Yugo M70 underfolder AK; Stupid reliable, always goes bang.
5. Either my Ruger 10/22, or My Savage 110 Tactical .308; hard to choose between the reliable food getter, or the long distance problem solver.
Why would I need guns when SHTF????? .Gov Obama will take care of me.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(11-15-2011, 09:51 AM)Beau Wrote: Why would I need guns when SHTF????? .Gov Obama will take care of me.

Brillant! Makes me want to sleep in a park and stop showering.
I've been doing that for years.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

1. G17 w/TLR-1 - small, lightweight, quick with lots of threat neutralization in a small package
2. 12" piston driven monolithic LMT AR15 (.233/5.56) w/PLENTY of accessories
3. Arsenal AK47 in 7.62x39
4. Remington 11-87 w/20 shells on-board of mil 00 and slugs
5. POF AR10/LR308/whatever you want to call it.
5a. 30cal suppressor w/QD for use on all three of the above rifles

With those firearms I can find ammo anywhere in the world and I know I have a firearm that will continue to function under any circumstance. I have some others I would like to list but I think these would be my top five. A bolt rifle should be on the list but I just don't see the need for that kind of long range precision when the AR10 can do 95% of what a good bolt gun can do w/4x the capacity and quickness plus the ability to run and gun should I need to. It's not like I'm going to be going to competitions during a zombie apocalypse. I should be eating nicely though.
I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
(11-15-2011, 09:53 AM)stove Wrote:
(11-15-2011, 09:51 AM)Beau Wrote: Why would I need guns when SHTF????? .Gov Obama will take care of me.

Brillant! Makes me want to sleep in a park and stop showering.

...you left out: and shit on a public sidewalk. Yaybounce
I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
pws mk16 piston defensive long gun, Glock 17/19 Defensive handgun. rem 700 .308 long range/hunting rifle. Remington 870. .12guage. ruger 10.22
All of these guns because caliber is extremely common here. the guns are common/reliable as are parts.
Phoenix Firearms Training
Owner/CEO
phoenixfirearms@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/phoenixfirearms
3o3-72o-1814
Any DGI AR
Any 1911
There never was a bad man that had ability for good service.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Life never forgives weaknesses.
-Adolf Hitler
AR

10/22 with a scope and bipod

glock 21

some kind of shotty

and i will use the rest of the space from the 5th weapon for more ammo.
1. FAL
2. .308 bolt action with scope (same caliber as FAL)
3. REmintgon 870
4. S&W M&P40 (with .357sig barrel and 9mm barrel and mags)
6. Kel Tec Sub2000 in 9mm (for concealable 100 yd range weapon)
1. Glock 23

2. Ak47

3.10/22

4. Remington 870

5.308 bolt action
LR-308
10/22
M&P .357 w 9 & 40 barrels & 9 mags
AR

And a backup for each of them...although technically that's 10 guns. But there ain't no mail order in zombie land.
Did you exchange
A walk-on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?
-Pink Floyd...or was it Benjamin Franklin?
I'll chime in:

AR
PX4
FAL
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
(11-16-2011, 02:39 AM)DFBrews Wrote: AR

10/22 with a scope and bipod

glock 21

some kind of shotty

and i will use the rest of the space from the 5th weapon for more ammo.

"Shotty" is that baby talk or some breed of dog?
I'm simply taking all the guns I own at the time, whatever they might be, and all the ammo.
(09-26-2013, 03:21 PM)Rocky Wrote: I'm simply taking all the guns I own at the time, whatever they might be, and all the ammo.

Don't have room in the vehicle or suspension for that.
Did you exchange
A walk-on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?
-Pink Floyd...or was it Benjamin Franklin?
I think you need to have a few bases covered
Side arm being a 9mm or .45
Carbine in 556/ 7.62x39/ 545
Long range 308/ 300wm
Shotgun 12 GA
Wildcard

my side arm would be a sig 226
carbine would be my N4 sbr 5.56
long range would be my XLR 700 308
Mossberg 590 or Benelli M2
and my wild card would have to be a 10/22 breakdown or training and hunting of small birds and animals