Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutual Aid Groups (MAG's)
I would do "Zones" of 30 minutes travel time.
30 Minutes in normal travel = about 3 hours in a panicked environment
There never was a bad man that had ability for good service.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Life never forgives weaknesses.
-Adolf Hitler
Byte's idea for division is great.

Part of what I do for a living is create and audit Disaster Recovery plans, so I thought I would take a stab at creating a framework for a MAG. I read around on the interwebs a little to see what others are doing and consolidated a list of development tasks. This is totally free-form, please edit/add/delete as you like.

Will there be oversight for all regional MAGs as a collective, to ensure each MAG is as prepared as the others? Just something to think about.

Administrative Tasks:
1. Egress (bug out) plan, with contingencies
-Primary and alternate travel routes
-Primary and secondary rally points
-Evac assistance contingencies (rescue effort for a member who can't make it out)
-Transportation/Logistics (how everyone gets their supplies to the rally point)
-Agreed method of communication before, during, and after egress
2. Prioritized Resource and Supply list
3. Member list with contact info (including family members)
4. Member responsiblity matrix
5. Charter and/or Member agreement
-Document commitment to abide by all state and federal laws and regulations (this is not a militia, nor should it carry any political agenda. We don't want Johnny Law breathing down our necks simply because we wanted to prepare for the possibility of a catastrophy)
-Purpose
-Collective responsibilities
-Goals
-Format and financial responsibility (e.g. MAG owns supplies/resources, or individuals own supplies/resources)
6. Schedule meetings, training, and drills
7. Member skills matrix (e.g. cooking, botany/growing, medical, leatherwork, etc.)

reference materials:
1. Patriots: a novel of survival in the coming collapse (I haven't read this, someone on another forum recommended it)
2. religious organizations (mormons have been doing this forever)
3. Interwebz! Zombie Squad forums
Another awesome reference book;
How to Survive The End of the World as We Know It. by James Wesley, Rawles. The author of Patriots.
I'm up for participating in this. I'm in NW Aurora
Okay, since this is still a pretty small board and dividing up CO into sections is a pain. How about we just start groups by city or area? Like Aurora or NW Aurora, Parker, Boulder area etc.. I'll send a pm to see if sub forums can be created and each sub forum would have it's own member list. What do you guys think?
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Makes sense to me.
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Sounds like a good way to start--thanks