Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutual Aid Groups (MAG's)
Q: What is a Mutual Aid Group?
A: A Mutual Aid Group, or MAG, is made up of individuals in a specific geographic area. These individuals meet for the purpose of discussing, sharing ideas and planning for emergencies in their area. Think of it as neighbors banning together to help each other out in a time of need.

Q: Is this like a militia?
A: Absolutely not. There are no uniforms, no rank and no chain of command. This is people getting together to exchange ideas, skills, goods etc. and to plan for any emergency short or long term.

Q: Where and when do we meet?
A: Where and when you want. Groups should at least meet once a month. The location can be of the groups choosing. You can offer to host a meeting or pick a local restaurant or club to meet.

To sign up simply post your desire to participate and the area you are located in the appropriate area thread. I will update the area lists. If I miss your post shoot me a pm. If you do not live in an area that is posted post a request for your area to be added in this thread.

I am currently working on dividing up the sections for CO. Originally I was just going to do six or seven. I'm starting to think there needs to be more. I will post a map as soon as possible.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

I'm interested, and I live at the south end of the Denver Metro area near I-25 and C-470.

Edit:
Beau, it's been at least 30 seconds and you haven't acknowledged my post so:

AR15firing PM

LMAO
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Hey there, I am located in Colorado springs and interested.
Also, once we get an idea for potential members on these forums I'd be happy to share this with other forums that I am a member of.
I am in Bailey.
North Denver Metro (northglenn/thornton)
There never was a bad man that had ability for good service.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Life never forgives weaknesses.
-Adolf Hitler
I started working on an area map and screwed it up. I couldn't undo it so I have to start over.
When in doubt. JFC.

So where is that map?
Smileak
How does a MAG accommodate those members who aren't prepared, the people who don't even have a 30 day supply for themselves and their immediate family?
(11-22-2011, 10:35 AM)roberth Wrote: How does a MAG accommodate those members who aren't prepared, the people who don't even have a 30 day supply for themselves and their immediate family?

I would think that would/should be something that each MAG would need to determine at one of the initial meetings, along with any other "policies/procedures" that they choose to come up with. I could see where it would be easy for someone to join a group and then rely on the group to be prepared for them as opposed to preparing themselves if there isn't something set up in advance.
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
I would imagine a person be accommodated by being provided with info and some help to get a person started. A M.A.G. is more than food prepping though.
When in doubt. JFC.

I am pretty sure that a Mag would sort of police itself.
I don't need a year of food if I have a Bunker that houses 12, Power generation and sitting on a fresh water well.
YOU Supply the food.

This of course is an example but I think that a MAG would sort of barter itself in with skill sets and supplies depending on to what level the MAG is taking preparedness to.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler
I've been reading online about MAGs. I'm willing to meet and greet and see where it goes from there.
I'm interested. I'm in Aurora just a few blocks east of the Denver border
So, anyone in the Conifer, Pine, Morrison area want to meet up? Heck, even SW metro area.
I'm interested in participating. I live in Aurora, near 470 and Quincy.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
-Samuel Adams
Looks like most folks are in Denver. Myself being in the springs id be happy to meet in southern Denver for a lunch with folks.
(12-13-2011, 07:49 PM)Anthonyzarco Wrote: Looks like most folks are in Denver. Myself being in the springs id be happy to meet in southern Denver for a lunch with folks.

That is ALLOT of ground to cover while under fire from hostiles or Zombies.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
I have some free time so I'll be working on map. Colorado is a tough state to divide up.

Question for you: How big, in square miles do you think each area should be?
When in doubt. JFC.

(12-14-2011, 08:29 AM)Fracker Wrote: I have some free time so I'll be working on map. Colorado is a tough state to divide up.

Question for you: How big, in square miles do you think each area should be?

How does population per locality figure into a map?