Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are you prepared for zombies/apocolypse
I'm coming up short right now. Just got a box of 12ga rounds and a nasty dog. Ha ha

Plans include:
A shitload of ammo and a few extra guns
1inch plywood to cover Windows
Lots of non perishable food
Some kind of long term food for my dog. (80lb dobe)
Generator
Treadmill
Mini surgery kit/pain meds. To be able to cleanly suture myself or others

Why a treadmill? if I'm forced to stay inside for weeks/months I will need exercise to keep me from being an idiot. Some cardio for mental health.
(11-04-2011, 10:09 AM)supermotomike Wrote:  I'm coming up short right now. Just got a box of 12ga rounds and a nasty dog. Ha ha

Plans include:
Generator
Treadmill

Why a treadmill? if I'm forced to stay inside for weeks/months I will need exercise to keep me from being an idiot. Some cardio for mental health.

Dude, there's zombies = walking diseases, you wanna get as far from your house as you can.
"The more you know - the less you need."
(11-04-2011, 10:09 AM)supermotomike Wrote:  Some kind of long term food for my dog. (80lb dobe)

If it's the dog in your avatar, you may be the food for him!!! LMAO

If you're planning on staying there, you may want to look at some water storage and something to sanitize things with. I'm sure that there are many other things that I can't think of right now, but those are two pretty important ones I didn't see in your list. At least you're trying to be proactive about it! Thumbsup
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
(11-04-2011, 12:08 PM)alang Wrote:  
(11-04-2011, 10:09 AM)supermotomike Wrote:  Some kind of long term food for my dog. (80lb dobe)

If it's the dog in your avatar, you may be the food for him!!! LMAO

If you're planning on staying there, you may want to look at some water storage and something to sanitize things with. I'm sure that there are many other things that I can't think of right now, but those are two pretty important ones I didn't see in your list. At least you're trying to be proactive about it! Thumbsup

Water. Duh. Good idea.

Atlas has one problem. He's not aggressive. Not people or other dogs. Just a scare crow. Dont get me wrong, he gets agressive when we wrestle and I beat him up, (iv got thumbs) but aside from us rough housing...he's well behaved.
(11-04-2011, 01:05 PM)supermotomike Wrote:  
(11-04-2011, 12:08 PM)alang Wrote:  If it's the dog in your avatar, you may be the food for him!!! LMAO

Water. Duh. Good idea.

Atlas has one problem. He's not aggressive. Not people or other dogs. Just a scare crow. Dont get me wrong, he gets agressive when we wrestle and I beat him up, (iv got thumbs) but aside from us rough housing...he's well behaved.

He's a cool looking boy! Is he a cinnamon Dobe? (looks like it from the picture)
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Any body catch 'zombies, a living history' on discovery? It's been on with the holiday....holloween.

I love that stuff.
Bug in, Bug out... just be prepared to contend with the other 8 million dumb-fucks heading for the mountains with no plan beyond that.
you get that part covered, you are in the win column.
There never was a bad man that had ability for good service.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Life never forgives weaknesses.
-Adolf Hitler
I have nothing. Prepping?? Never heard of it.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

large stockpile of ammo!
to be honest, when my bug-in supplies are depleted and I MUST Move out, I am staying away from large population centers and where ever it is in the mountains all of the zombie-bait thinks they are going.

problems with the "I'm Going to the mountains!" ideology:
  • so is everyone else, congestion and fighting amongst "the living" will be attrocious
  • Avenues of travel will quickly congest into parking lots
  • resources will quickly diminish
  • weather is passable less than 8 months out of the year.

I will avoid the mountains under every circumstance except flood.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler
(11-07-2011, 05:49 PM)Byte Stryke Wrote:  to be honest, when my bug-in supplies are depleted and I MUST Move out, I am staying away from large population centers and where ever it is in the mountains all of the zombie-bait thinks they are going.

problems with the "I'm Going to the mountains!" ideology:
  • so is everyone else, congestion and fighting amongst "the living" will be attrocious
  • Avenues of travel will quickly congest into parking lots
  • resources will quickly diminish
  • weather is passable less than 8 months out of the year.

I will avoid the mountains under every circumstance except flood.

What Byte meant to say is "Yes, the mountains is the best place to go!!! Make sure you plan on going there as well." That is all anybody needs to read. Unless you are Byte Stryke, do not read anything below!!!

Byte, encourage them to go to the mountains so that they don't follow those of us that aren't!!! That way the zombies follow them for an easy feast instead of following us that have other plans. wink
Why wouldn't the mountains be the place to go? especially this time of year, the zombies could never get past all the ski traffic! They would be full before they got to Floyd hill!
Byte, head in my direction. I'll need help scavenging all the goodies the citiots bring with them. I'll elaborate on the master plan after you get here.
rule # 1:

When it comes to it, trust no one.
Your own brother will shoot you in the leg to save his own ass.

kj.. they aren't trying to carry 5K rounds of ammunition in 7 different calibers, a Generator 60 gallons of fuel, 40 cases of MREs, 100 Gallons of water, clothing, other misc supplies and a family of 3-5 dependents. So yeah, the traffic is going to hamper you more than it will them. :D

I am bugging in, when the supplies run out I will venture out to grab the cache and return.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
http://zombiehunters.org/
A very good idea is to get cargo net material, fasten it on the inside of your door, people can't "bust through" as the net catches the door. It can then be removed when you need to go out.

Plywood for all windows is a must.

I agree, unless you have a stocked place to go AND get out before everyone else does...bugging out is a bad idea.
(11-04-2011, 10:09 AM)supermotomike Wrote:  I'm coming up short right now. Just got a box of 12ga rounds and a nasty dog. Ha ha

Plans include:
Generator
Treadmill

Create a chokepoint and put the treadmill right there. That outta keep the zombies busy for awhile.
Free Conceal Classes in Colorado
NRA Certified Instructors
http://www.concealedcarryforfree.com