Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.308 battle rifle, which one?
1300 yards in optimal conditions with a skilled shooter yes.
NRA instructor
$50 concealed carry classes
http://www.cogunowners.com/showthread.php?tid=1704 Click for information
very nice
Sig Sauer P250 .40 S&W sub-compact
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Remington 870 12 ga. pump shotgun
Uncle Mike's Sling Mounts & Hooks | 15 shell sling | 56 shell bandolier | 25 shell belt | 4 chokes | Synthetic Black
10 shot Briley Extension Tube | Plano takedown hardcase

Custom Built AR-15
Surplus Arms & Ammo AR-15 Lower | 5.56 NATO or .223 compatible |
UTG 6 pt adjustable rear stock and buffer spring | Leapers UTG 3x12x44 SWAT Accushot - EZ Tap w/ illuminated reticle |
UTG Adjustable bi-pod | UTG ring scope mounts | Blackthorne 5.56 NATO Upper w/ 20" Bull Varmint Stainless Steel Barrel |
Magpul handguards w/ Delta Ring conventional gas tube setup (no piston) | Chrome Del-ton Bolt Carrier Group | DMPS Charging Handle |
DMPS Trigger | Magpul Trigger Guard | ProMag AR-15/M4 Heavy Duty Recoil Pad | 3 point SWAT Sling and sling hooks |
Nebo Tactical Flashlight and Laser Combo | 3 magpul picatinny rail mounts | Tactical Ergonomic Pistol Grip |
TMS Sling Swivel w/ Base | (20) - 30 round magazines |

Draw
No love for the Springfield M1A here? ;)

I'm committed to buying one of those if I have an abundance of cash lying around one of these days.
Needpics
[img] photo image-4.jpg[/img]

Quick iPad photo sorry its upside down.

300 blk out 8 inch sbr I built.
NRA instructor
$50 concealed carry classes
http://www.cogunowners.com/showthread.php?tid=1704 Click for information
the SCAR-H/17s hands down if you want the best .308 calibered battle rifle.
I had the funds for a SCAR 17H last Xmas but I couldn't find one for under $3grand. I ended up reworking my M1A (have it weighing 8.5lbs) , 26round mags and getting a muzzle brake to shoot with. Right now I have the option of using glass, a red dot but I'm preferring to go with a fiber optic front sight it has on. It's a hoot to shoot and nowhere near as adaptive as the SCAR but it's solid and battle proven.
I love my 20inch VEPR. Got it for $599 before the panic. Beautiful rifle and great shooter. The only problem is it tears up the brass, and that is not acceptable. I can fix it so it won't do it, but just haven't had the time. It's overgassed to keep it reliable, but that causes the bolt to come back really quite hard and throw the brass into the receiver cover and dents the sidewalls. But it's quite accurate and a beautiful AK.
Free Conceal Classes in Colorado
NRA Certified Instructors
http://www.concealedcarryforfree.com
(03-17-2013, 05:36 PM)Polynikes Wrote:  No love for the Springfield M1A here? ;)

I'm committed to buying one of those if I have an abundance of cash lying around one of these days.

Are you kidding? I love mine! I bought it unused from my Father In Law. It's more of a shooter with a shorter LOP, cushy shoulder pad and soon a SJC Titan muzzle brake. The rifle shoots sweet. I can't wait to shoot it in 3 gun. It's no SCAR H but it's also 1/3 the cost.
Interesting ideas in here, I've been looking for a .308, tactical for use both at the range and for hunting. I've heard about issues with different AR 10 style rifles having issues shooting certain hunting rounds, and also cycling/feeding rounds. Any truth to this from the more informed and experienced?
I have a 716 Sig that is very accurate, dependable,feeds any ammo I,ve tried so far and a blast to shoot, but is a little to heavy for me to comfortably carry for any distance.
Thanks for the info Mike, much appreciated.