Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advertise
It is looking like you need to advertise this site in more than just the OC forum.

The first flurry of comments had a decided OC cast to them and that may have pushed away some people.
I think we need a flyer on here we can print out and see if our local gun dealers/ ranges will let us post it in their shops. It would help get the word out.
+1
I second that!
I'll see about working something up and running it by the admin.
What type of info does everyone want to see on the flyer?
I would say keep it simple and informative. Should include some type of background on the founder of the site, goals, and any other organizations that the site supports. I would like to see a Adopt A Highway effort on behalf of COGUNOWNERS.COM and monthly OC trash pick up along the highway would really help spread the word!
(03-10-2010, 01:19 PM)Pat-inCO Wrote: It is looking like you need to advertise this site in more than just the OC forum.

The first flurry of comments had a decided OC cast to them and that may have pushed away some people.

I see what you are getting at. This is not an Open Carry forum although more gun owners are starting to look at OC as a viable way to support our 2A rights. I personally feel that the only right that is constitutionally protected is open carry and thus why I CHOOSE to do so. I would never tell anyone that they are wrong for concealed carrying. This is a gun owners forum and the method of carry is going to be discussed at one time or another, much like Glock or not to Glock? That topic will also push some away if they are that closed minded. Lets all work to make this a GREAT and POSITIVE forum for ALL to enjoy.
My 2 cents worth,
Suburban78
I started a flyer, but I'm off to work. I'll keep you guys posted for when I hear back from the admin.
How about something along the lines of

"whether you're into open carry, concealed carry, hunting or just target shooting there is a new forum just for you"
"who knows your just might find some new shooting buddies, ranges or dealers you didn't even know about."

I don't know, just spitballing here.
Dunno
Good idea on a flyer to post at gun shops and ranges. I have thought about this myself. I just have not had the time to work on something. Thank you to those who have taken an interest in promoting the site and working to make it a good community for everyone.

If you have any ideas on the wording of the flyer or a background image post them here. We will get a few different designs and then vote on one.

Thanks again,
Admin
Smileak
(03-12-2010, 01:05 AM)Renegade Wrote: "whether you're into open carry, concealed carry, hunting or just target shooting there is a new forum just for you"

I'll vote for that one! +1!
Alright folks, here's what I have. I have disabled printing on the .pdf file until we have more to vote on.

See new post.
Couldn't have phrased it better if I did it myself. :lmfao:
I like it.
+1
Fear not the gunDraw, only the holes it makes!:AR15firing:
Since no one else has submitted any ideas for a flyer and I have not had the time to work on one, I think lawrra's flyer will work just fine. Thank you renegade for providing the wording. I will have lawrra repost one that can be printed so that those who would like to print some out to pass around can do so. I'm going to try and make it to the Tanner Gun Show tomorrow. I'll take some with me to pass out.
Smileak
This is printable. Let me know if these don't print well due to the logo running together, etc.
.pdf   cogoflyer.pdf (Size: 93.29 KB / Downloads: 10)

You will likely have to save over the previous file if you downloaded it.