Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jensen Arms - Loveland
Jensen's is - not - a general sporting goods store. They carry most things a COP will need and have a good to excellent selection of handguns/rifles (depends on how long it has been since the last shipment). They do a LARGE volume of sales, so if it is busy, be ready. Even when other stores were virtually empty of product, Jensen's had a good selection.

Prices are the best that I can find.

Do NOT go in there and expect them to fall all over themselves trying to explain how everything works or show you every gun in the case. Their average customer knows what they want and ask specific questions. If you are "just looking", then just look. These guys are easy to deal with, if the store is empty. If it is full, make sure you have your ducks in order, or just watch and listen.

The only thing I have seen that is - not - the best price going, is WWB. WallyWorld will usually beat Junsen's price by a few dollars - IF WallyWorld has it in stock.
Great store. Just picked up a rifle yesterday. Took them a few weeks to get it because of their contact being in the hospital. Also bothered me that when I called to find out where it was when it didn't come in when they had previously said it would they just said I would get a call when it came in. That kind of bothered me but in the end I got it.
(05-13-2010, 09:18 AM)gvcandyman Wrote: Also bothered me that when I called to find out where it was when it didn't come in when they had previously said it would they just said I would get a call when it came in. That kind of bothered me but in the end I got it.

They tell you that they will call you when it comes in and that bothers you? I don't understand. Question

They are busy in there and when things get backed up they are not going to look for something to do. They are VERY careful about logging in guns and checking the receipts against open orders. If there is an open order, they call as part of the receiving process. How can that be improved on?
(05-17-2010, 08:51 AM)Pat-inCO Wrote:
(05-13-2010, 09:18 AM)gvcandyman Wrote: Also bothered me that when I called to find out where it was when it didn't come in when they had previously said it would they just said I would get a call when it came in. That kind of bothered me but in the end I got it.

They tell you that they will call you when it comes in and that bothers you? I don't understand. Question

They are busy in there and when things get backed up they are not going to look for something to do. They are VERY careful about logging in guns and checking the receipts against open orders. If there is an open order, they call as part of the receiving process. How can that be improved on?

They could improve on that by calling the customer that ordered a gun when it didn't come in and tell them when it would come in. I waited 3 weeks for it to come in when it should have come in in less than a week. I was very close to canceling the order if it didn't come in by the end of the week. No matter how busy someone is they still need to take care of the customer. If you tell me it will be in on a certain day and it isn't i expect an explanation of why.
I agree, it boils down to customer service! A quick phone call to let the customer know that a order is late shouldn't be that difficult. When customers let businesses slide on service, it becomes normal practice and will only get worse over time. The consumer MUST take a stand and let them know we expect more.
Fear not the gunDraw, only the holes it makes!:AR15firing:
In my opinion. Jensen's is not the place for either of you. It - is - a cop-shop/tac-shop. They will handle special orders but they are - busy - and handle the highest priority item first. An order that is only a week or so past anticipate delivery is seldom a priority.

If the supplier does not ship when anticipated, that's the way it is. If the order gets to a point of several months past due, they will call and ask if you still want it, other than that . . . . . . .
So in your opinion Jensen's doesn't need to follow common customer service practices. I went there because I had heard a lot of good things. Now I'm not sure if it is worth it. Guess I need to try some other shops and see if I can find someone who does have good customer service.
So it sounds to me that since it is a cop shop that cops don't mind if there orders come in late or that no one contacts them to let them know that it will be late. Or is it that cops are the only paying customers who's money is important to the store. Either way, customer service should still be a priority, officer or civilian. At this point I will agree that this is not the shop for me nor my hard earned cash. The Firing Line called me the day before my expected order arrival to let me know it was going to be 1 day later then promised. My ammo order was suppose to be in on a Thursday, was called and told it would be Friday and then received another call Friday around 1145 to let me know that it did not arrive. Since this was duty carry ammo that I had to have before Saturday, they offered me an different ammo that I could carry and was slightly more money for the same price as my order ammo and refunded my shipping charge. Now thats customer service and they got a customer for life. Don't get me wrong, they have dropped the ball before but have always made it right and showed that they care about their customers. And no, I'm not a LEO although I carry for a living.
Fear not the gunDraw, only the holes it makes!:AR15firing:
Like I said to start with . . . . . . . . . .

(03-04-2010, 02:44 PM)Pat-inCO Wrote: Jensen's is - not - a general sporting goods store. They carry most things a COP will need and have a good to excellent selection of handguns/rifles (depends on how long it has been since the last shipment). They do a LARGE volume of sales, so if it is busy, be ready. Even when other stores were virtually empty of product, Jensen's had a good selection.

Prices are the best that I can find.

Do NOT go in there and expect them to fall all over themselves trying to explain how everything works or show you every gun in the case. Their average customer knows what they want and ask specific questions. If you are "just looking", then just look. These guys are easy to deal with, if the store is empty. If it is full, make sure you have your ducks in order, or just watch and listen.
I was in there when it was empty. They had 1 guy working behind the gun counter because that's all the customers that were in there. If they just want to be cop shop then so be it, but not all the public are cops. A majority of their business is people like me. I knew what I wanted and asked for it to be ordered. I was a paying customer who deserved to be treated as such. I didn't just walk in and expect them to try and sell me a gun. I knew what I wanted. I don't view myself as a pain in the ass. All I wanted was to be told truthfully when I could expect the gun I ordered to come in. If their files are so screwed up that they don't know when a gun will come in then they don't really deserve my business.
I hate to tell you this but Jensen has yet to give a specific date a gun would arrive on. The manufacturer will not tell him the exact date it will ship on, the company moving the item (FedEx, UPS, etc.) will not commit to a specific time it will take to get to his shop, so there is - no way - he will commit to the item arriving on a specific date. If you remember one, I suggest you are remembering incorrectly. He WILL give you a range of time it - should - take, something like two or three weeks, four to six weeks, etc.

You say you were the only one in the store, enjoy it, that is an exception. Did you also notice the people in the back room processing the incoming guns to have the paperwork done so they can be sold? That is a DAILY process. Did you notice the person processing the ammunition received that day, so IT could be sold? That is something that happens most days. Did you notice the number of phone calls that were handled while you were there? On an average day when I'm there, that is one every two or three minutes when it's slow, and one per minute when it is busy. Did Dave come out of the other back room where he does NOTHING BUT Internet orders? I see him one out of three or four trips there, and I usually spend over an hour there.

Like I said before, both of you should think about going somewhere else, like Sportsman's Warehouse or Dicks.

Have fun. Yaybounce
(05-26-2010, 11:32 PM)Pat-inCO Wrote: I hate to tell you this but Jensen has yet to give a specific date a gun would arrive on. The manufacturer will not tell him the exact date it will ship on, the company moving the item (FedEx, UPS, etc.) will not commit to a specific time it will take to get to his shop, so there is - no way - he will commit to the item arriving on a specific date. If you remember one, I suggest you are remembering incorrectly. He WILL give you a range of time it - should - take, something like two or three weeks, four to six weeks, etc.

You say you were the only one in the store, enjoy it, that is an exception. Did you also notice the people in the back room processing the incoming guns to have the paperwork done so they can be sold? That is a DAILY process. Did you notice the person processing the ammunition received that day, so IT could be sold? That is something that happens most days. Did you notice the number of phone calls that were handled while you were there? On an average day when I'm there, that is one every two or three minutes when it's slow, and one per minute when it is busy. Did Dave come out of the other back room where he does NOTHING BUT Internet orders? I see him one out of three or four trips there, and I usually spend over an hour there.

Like I said before, both of you should think about going somewhere else, like Sportsman's Warehouse or Dicks.

Have fun. Yaybounce

In the end busyness is no excuse for being rude to the customer. If you don't have people to handle the number of orders you have you need to hire more. Business need to get back to the standard of treating the customer right. All you who accept this as normal and ok should look at the definition of customer service. I don't see any service here.
Having read the discussion, I have to agree with gvcandyman and Suburban78.
If I am going to spend my hard earned money somewhere, I shouldn't have to feel like I'm chasing them to give them my money. They treat me well, they get my business. It is up to them to earn my business. Not up to me to earn their approval to spend my money there.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy
The best part for me is always the bitches behind the counter who give you surly attitude till you're nice to em. Then sweet as pie. Good, old world surly bitches.
The gun counters I have done business at across the country, whether dedicated gun store or big box sporting goods store, are have consistently had poor customer service. Most also have one or two decent employees. Sporting good stores like Sportman's Warehouse and Bass Pro shops are no exception. I've consistently received poor customer service from both and cluelesness at Bass Pro and bad attitude at Sportman's. The only way it makes sense is because of the regulations, and therefore limited options, relating to gun sales.

In the end I've purchased all my guns at dedicated gun shops despite the attitudes. Relative to Jensens, I've purchased a few guns from them over the past 4 years. They have reasonable prices and good selection. I just get over the attitude. I did call them recently to ask about suppressors and Jeff answered the phone and was excellent. I even tried to make the call brief because my prior experiences I assumed it would go poorly but he went out of his way to be friendly and helpful.

I've made a few purchases at 5280 Armory in Denver and they have been generally friendly. I feel more comfortable going into 5280 than any other gun shop I've been at. However, their prices don't seem to be as good and in particular on one purchase I believe I was gigged due to my own ignorance on an impulse buy. Shame on me for not doing my research first.

I would buy from either of them again.
Wow, I'm glad I haven't bought from Jensen Arms. I have been very loyal to a place in Denver that caters to Law Enforcement (Neve's Uniforms - http://www.nevesuniforms.com/). I have bought 3 firearms there over the last two years and customer service is never lacking. It does get very busy at times, but they are always there to lend a hand, answer a question or help you special order that weapon you've been eyeing the last couple of years. The prices are very good as well.

One thing this posting has proven to me is that I will not be heading to Jensen Arms for anything. I also believe in a little hand holding at the right time and if I'm going to drop $500 or $1500 at a store, I think I've earned that. I don't need a lot of foreplay to part with my money, but a thank you and a little obligatory conversation when we're done isn't too much ask.

If I'm going to buy in Fort Collins, I'll continue to use Rocky Mountain Shooter's Supply (you know, GUNS GUNS GUNS).
Jensens is not that bad at all. Unless they are crazy busy, most of the staff is very accomodating. They have a great selection and great prices. Rocky Mountain Shooter Supply is retarded expensive. I only go there to shoot.
Jensens has treated me well through the few purchases that I've made with them. Bob and his sister can be a little crazy at times but I just view it as free entertainment when I see it. The thing that Jensens has going for them is that their selection is very hard to beat.

I almost but an R-Guns receiver there and called them out for a canted hole in the receiver. Their response was that they hadn't received a complaint up until that point. I take this with a grain of salt though. Buyer beware and all that.
I have had only good experiences at Jensens. They always seem to have a good selection of ammo, and their carry ammo seems to be priced at or below anyplace else. Yes, it can be an adventure trying to get help when they are busy, especially if you have a lot of questions, but when you have the choice of answering 20 questions for someone that "might" make a purchase, or helping someone that has said they "will" be purchasing today, you have to follow the money. There is nothing like losing a sale because you spent all of your time with someone who was window shopping. I would suggest that if you're going in there to research which gun is best for you, do it at a slower time for them, and at the very least have all your questions ready to go so that you don't have to take them away from other customers for too long.
I've always had good service there. Made several purchases, but I did already know pretty much what I wanted. I also showed it to my dad, who lives 300 miles away. Ended up walking out ~$1000 poorer. ;)
The only people I've seen get snubbed there are people coming in asking for a good elk rifle and gang bangers.