Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what did you do today?
Nice quiet Sunday at home.

[Image: 100_0176.jpg]

about 190 by my count
There never was a bad man that had ability for good service.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Life never forgives weaknesses.
-Adolf Hitler
Well aren't you the productive little bunny! LOL wink

I didn't do a damn thing today. I didn't even mow my lawn. :-/
My 12 year old daughter decided she needs more money so she asked if she could start mowing my lawn for 10 bucks a week. So now I'm even more lazy. lol
I guess I should've done like you and busted out some ammo.
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
worked...hows the over all length on these bad boys
1.79-1.80

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler
im guessing thats right on
(08-28-2011, 08:07 PM)Byte Stryke Wrote: 1.79-1.80

(08-28-2011, 08:11 PM)patrick0685 Wrote: im guessing thats right on

sorry, that should be 1.179 - 1.180

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
How long did that take?
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Almost all afternoon, kept having to play with the dies, Pull rounds, Play with Dies, Pull rounds again... fiddle with this, fuzzit with that. Micrometer every round...

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
(08-29-2011, 09:26 AM)Byte Stryke Wrote: Almost all afternoon, kept having to play with the dies, Pull rounds, Play with Dies, Pull rounds again... fiddle with this, fuzzit with that. Micrometer every round...

I remember those days. Now I can crank out about 500 an hour.
When in doubt. JFC.

(08-30-2011, 07:21 AM)Beau Wrote:
(08-29-2011, 09:26 AM)Byte Stryke Wrote: Almost all afternoon, kept having to play with the dies, Pull rounds, Play with Dies, Pull rounds again... fiddle with this, fuzzit with that. Micrometer every round...

I remember those days. Now I can crank out about 500 an hour.

It's amazing how many rounds you can reload once you get everything dialed in just right!!! I always do random checks while I reload to make sure nothing gets out of spec, but I usually do a couple hundred rounds per hour taking my time, even with "help" from my sons. I remember the first time I reloaded I had a moment where I wondered what I was getting myself into, but now I'm glad I stuck with it.
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
at 500 an hour you MUST NOT be using a single stage...

I am luck to do 100 an hour after I got everything dialed in
decap, Size, Measure case, reprime, bell, measure powder, load powder, seat round....

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
(08-30-2011, 12:35 PM)Byte Stryke Wrote: at 500 an hour you MUST NOT be using a single stage...

I am luck to do 100 an hour after I got everything dialed in
decap, Size, Measure case, reprime, bell, measure powder, load powder, seat round....

Nope, progressive press.

I was slow at first too. Like alang I wondered what I was getting into. Glad I stuck with it though. Just go slow and double check everything at first. I made a couple newbie mistakes that could have been really bad.
When in doubt. JFC.

got a new progressive.
Lee Progressive .45 ACP

Just blew through 250 rounds... and I peeled a half dozen cases... Mutha Fu^$#!@!

pain in the ASS to set up and get the timing right, Depths, OAL, Powder weight... fer fucksake...
Then there was the issue that I Had already run all of my cases and primed them., so I had to pull the first die, Second die reset the flare/Bell after I Already had it down.

sometimes I Really do some stupid shit that turns out OK in the end.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
[Image: 100_0180.jpg]
got this in exchange for labor with HbarLeatherneck from the other site :)
(Ordered new from Midway)

Chris is a GREAT guy BTW

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
That looks pretty nice! It will definitely help with the speed of reloading - once everything is dialed in.
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
(09-01-2011, 12:10 PM)alang Wrote: That looks pretty nice! It will definitely help with the speed of reloading - once everything is dialed in.

I Do not like the way the old primers are ejected out into the space of my kitchen... sometimes landing in the little hole in the base.

Random case alignment often causes cases to get peeled by the dies...

The cases from the "Loader" sometimes bounce/slide in between the base and the die plate causing the whole process to stop.

I Cannot help but to feel that I have forsaken an inordinate amount efficiency for a little speed and ease.
[Image: 100_0182.jpg]

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
(09-01-2011, 12:19 PM)Byte Stryke Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 12:10 PM)alang Wrote: That looks pretty nice! It will definitely help with the speed of reloading - once everything is dialed in.

I Do not like the way the old primers are ejected out into the space of my kitchen... sometimes landing in the little hole in the base.

Random case alignment often causes cases to get peeled by the dies...

The cases from the "Loader" sometimes bounce/slide in between the base and the die plate causing the whole process to stop.

I Cannot help but to feel that I have forsaken an inordinate amount efficiency for a little speed and ease.

I don't have, and have never used, a Lee progressive, or I would let you know if I had any suggestions to help. I know that mis-alignment issues and the fixes are discussed in the manual for my LNL - not sure if you checked yours yet or not, just a suggestion. I've also found answers to questions I've had on a few different reloading forums off a web search. Hopefully someone here can pop in with some words of wisdom on it.
Byte, found this elsewhere - there is a section about 1/4 of the way down the page where someone posts problems and solutions to them. I looks like your issues are addressed there. Hope it helps.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-507454.html
Nice find!
Lots of good info there

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
Which progressive is that? I have the Lee Loadmaster, and other than a rare case being a bit out of alignment I've never come across your issue.
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]