Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
So who is a Glock guy?
(12-06-2013, 12:23 PM)Makarovii Wrote: This G17 has been utterly reliable since day one.

My running joke about Glocks is that they work so well that a model 17 will reliably shoot .40 S&W. :)

(12-06-2013, 12:23 PM)Makarovii Wrote: My preference though runs to the CZ 75 family, grip angle and blade front sight just work better for me.

My EAA Witness Compact (CZ derivative) fits in my hand like no other gun I own.

That said, I carry my Glock 19 for more often.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
+1 on the CZ-75.; in fact it's my carry piece. I have the 75-B not the 75-BD, having switched away from my previous firearm because I decided I didn't want the DA/SA change.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(12-07-2013, 12:51 AM)308 Fan Wrote: +1 on the CZ-75.; in fact it's my carry piece. I have the 75-B not the 75-BD, having switched away from my previous firearm because I decided I didn't want the DA/SA change.

I have toyed with carrying my CZ 75B. What holster do you use?
Democraticorum delenda est! Bat
NRA Life Member

The three most important components of stopping power are bullet placement, bullet placement and bullet placement. - Evan Marshall
Glock is a great pistol. .however there are bettee ones but not for the price..glock is the ak of the pistol world...jan ill be a certified glock armorer
I guess I'm just a pistol guy Draw I have a few single and double action wheel guns that I love for hunting and long distance. BUT, I have a few sa's as well. I have came to the conclusion that if I just want to go out and practice and feel good I more than likely will take a Glock. My first Glock was a GenII G20. I shot it as much as I could afford to buy ammo for it. When the GenIII's came out I traded it in for another G20. Right now I'm shooting a G20 and G21 both with TLR-2's mounted on the rail and for ccw I had the G29, but I recently caught up with a G30S and decided I really liked it. I agree with grip angle, it helps to bring it back on target quickly. I haven't tried any upgrades on the 20 or 21 yet but hope to try either the SS or T push rod assemblies in one of them this Spring if I can swing it.

I realize this is my 1st post, but I have just recently retired and have a little bit more time to find some of these forums, so I hope to participate a little bit more in the future. Thanks
I shall NOT give up my 2nd Amendment Rights Patriot
I'm not really a "Glock guy" but I do own a couple of them, including a G20 that does nightstand duty.

(Free demos available between midnight and 3AM, my place, appointment not needed, walkins (not) welcome.)
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
The folks at Glock were quite brilliant in their marketing strategy.

About a decade ago they offered up their pistols to the military, security and so many PDs for a song that a good portion couldn't look the gift horse in the mouth.

Soon, the message from Glock was basically one of:

"How can we not be an awesome choice when so many agencies use our guns?"

The public bought into it and followed suit like lemmings. To their credit, the Glock platform is a good one, but they are a far cry from being one of the best out there. I think they are good pistols, but over priced.
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
i dont shoot glock but they are the the best bang for the buck..2 more weeks ill be a glock armorer ..thanx shot show
(12-29-2013, 07:04 PM)DGCJason Wrote: The folks at Glock were quite brilliant in their marketing strategy.

About a decade ago they offered up their pistols to the military, security and so many PDs for a song that a good portion couldn't look the gift horse in the mouth.

Soon, the message from Glock was basically one of:

"How can we not be an awesome choice when so many agencies use our guns?"

The public bought into it and followed suit like lemmings. To their credit, the Glock platform is a good one, but they are a far cry from being one of the best out there. I think they are good pistols, but over priced.

With so many in use one could tell their shortcomings and to me, it was that it was just so darn ugly. But then I appreciated the safety, reliability, corrosion resistance and brilliant simplicity in form, function and maintenance. When my 1911s rusted in wet weather I went back to my 35 and shot that in the pouring rain. I don't know how anyone could call them "overpriced?" What's over priced is to pay >$600 for a 1911 then have to spend another $300-600 just to get reliability. Or worse, to get a new one and have to send it back for a failing thumb safety OUT OF THE BOX!

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the rugged beauty of a tuned 1911, HK USPs, Browning HPs, CZ 75s and EEA Witness', and a sweet SW 629. If I have to negotiate the streets of Houston/Dallas, Na Oleens, the sandbox or boonies, I'm bringing my 35, my 23, a Glock punch, a brush and MPro7. It ain't purdy but I guarranty she WILL RUN every time...
Some of those other pistols have solid reps too; don't lump ALL metal into the same bucket as 1911s.

Biggun
(01-13-2014, 10:40 PM)308 Fan Wrote: Some of those other pistols have solid reps too; don't lump ALL metal into the same bucket as 1911s.

I didn't. I own and love them all for what they are. Just saying I'd take the Glock into combat every time and anytime.
I sometimes carry a 30,but own several. My favorite one is a 31C. One cool thing about Glock is you can get almost every part with a large choice of mods in both factory and aftermarket parts and mod to your own taste and purpose.
Glock 23 (.40) was my first, and so far only handgun. I chose it based on its reputation of reliability and the price point. So far I am a Calif resident with horrible carry laws, so I do not. Soon I will be a CO resident, so that should change, but will most likely find something a little smaller.
All that being said, I am extremely happy with it as far as handling and accuracy and reliability. If I had to choose over, I might go with the G19 as I would prefer to have a higher round count in the magazine.
I am also seriously looking at a Sig, probably the P226….I really like the SA/DA guns. But I have no problems safely and quickly drawing my G23 from the holster and getting shots on target….
I think they're great guns for those on a limited budget who want something that works every time.
(01-19-2014, 06:38 PM)shortround13 Wrote: Glock 23 (.40) was my first, and so far only handgun. I chose it based on its reputation of reliability and the price point. So far I am a Calif resident with horrible carry laws, so I do not. Soon I will be a CO resident, so that should change, but will most likely find something a little smaller.

Your first order of business will be getting proper mags for it. Both the 23 and 22 properly take more than ten rounds. Likewise the 19. The 17, however, would be problematic, because the infestation of pusbags we have in our state government banned mags over 15 rounds. (It's a good thing I have a metric $#!+tonne of mags for my CZ 75 (just barely evil at 16 rounds), but I am kind of screwed out of dropping a 9mm barrel into my G22.)

Biggun
Yes it's a step in the right direction for sure but wish it wasn't restricted at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
(01-19-2014, 07:58 PM)shortround13 Wrote: Yes it's a step in the right direction for sure but wish it wasn't restricted at all.

I love to pull out my 16 round mag, show it to someone and say, "look, this is just BARELY evil, it holds 16 rounds." (I should remember to pronounce melodramatically it the British way, like Merlin on "Excalibur", "ee-vihl"). To complete the act I should have a 15 round Beretta mag with me as well. "This one, on the other hand is just barely NOT eee-vihl."

Biggun
Glock guy here. Have 3. 20, 30S and 19. Have a 40 barrel for the 20. Covers all my bases for what I would ever need a handgun for. No fuss. If I did t have these I would just get a 23 with 9 conversion barrel and call it a day
I'm a striker-fire guy, which includes a few Glocks.
- 2 x G19
- G23
- G26
- G30S
- G42
- 2 X G43
- and a partridge in a pear tree

EDITED TO ADD:

I love my 1911s too, and have never had any reliability issues, but for actual defense I stick with the striker-fired pistols.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm a glock guy. I've purchased several glocks just because they've proven so reliable for me.
Love my glocks I have a 23 and just purchased a 43 for my ccw.