Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
So who is a Glock guy?
(03-15-2012, 02:12 PM)alang Wrote: Isn't that listed somewhere as a reason for "guns over women"? "You can handle other guns without your gun getting upset"

AMEN! Thumbsup
And the 45. doesn't get jealous when you spend time with a sexy new 22! Yaybounce
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
(03-15-2012, 09:38 PM)kj4963 Wrote: Just remember all handguns ARE GLOCKS! And All RIFLES ARE AK 47'S!

Don't forget about the thing that goes up on the shoulder. Wallbash
(03-15-2012, 09:53 PM)Ape Wrote: AMEN! Thumbsup
And the 45. doesn't get jealous when you spend time with a sexy new 22! Yaybounce

Yaybounce
^I think that is at least a 38^
‎"Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves."-Henry David Thoreau
A 38 that's oh so special! BacondanceSmiley-sex012
The reason I chose a G19 for my carry/home defense/just 'cause pistol is because when you pull the trigger, it goes bang. Period. I'm not gonna say it's the best handling, most accurate, most comfortable, "all things to all people" pistol, but it's compact and light enough to be carried and concealed, more accurate than I am, customizable, LEGENDARILY reliable, and only on the order of $500.

Personally, I don't think an external safety is necessarily more safe, simply because we are all human. People can forget stuff, like engaging the safety, no matter how experienced. I prefer to know that my weapon is safe because my finger is off the trigger.

Arguing on the internet is fun though!

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet" -General James Mattis, USMC
Just joined the Glock family this summer, with the purchase of a 26. I actually liked the feel of it better than the 19, which kind of surprised me, as I assumed the longer grip would feel better to me. All the better, as it's more concealable. If I were to get a sibling for it, it would be the 17.
I am mainly a 1911/High-Power/Revolver guy.
Tried Glocks, didn't care for the grip angle. Tried XDs, liked them better than Glocks, but still couldn't warm up to polymer.
I own one remaining polymer pistol- A S&W Sigma SW9F. It was my late partner's duty weapon. His widow gave it to me. I will never get rid of it.
All that said, when my son asked for a pistol for his 21st birthday, my first choice for him was a Glock 17.
I may not like Glocks, but I sure respect them.
I never liked the grips on the glock's just personal preference. For a poly framed gun I gota go with the M&P with the 9mm full size holding 17+1 I find it quite serviceable. I have tried a XDm in .40 and while it shot nice it just didn't feel right to me. But when we start talking steel the 1911 is a fun range toy and a good .357 is a blast with a 6".
Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
Murphy was a grunt.
Odd objects attract fire - never lurk behind one.
A Purple Heart just proves that were you smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
I would not say that I am a glock nut some of these guys. I do own a G17 and a G21. I hated the Glock at first. I am not sure if I hated the gun or the typical Glock owner more. Most of them would say the Glock was the Holy grail of guns, tihs llub. That drove me up a wall.
I was looking for a 9mm and I compared a few guns, M&P, XD and the G17. I like the reset and the G17 so I bought it. A year later I was in the market for a 1911 .45. I saw a G21 and I could get a sweet deal on it, new. So I bought it. Whe I took it shooting for the first time I really liked the lack of felt recoil and that the sight picture never changed. I do own other handguns that I really enjoy shooting not more or less than the glocks, they are just different.
Once you start shooting a Glock on a tregular basis and get used to the plastic 2x4 they call a grip you will start to understand why the angle is like that.
The angle is at that position because it reduces muzzle flip. Tthe recoil will come straight back vs. with other guns up and back.
Whe they started changing butt stocks on shotguns and some rifles so the muzzle would not come up, istead they made the stock in line with the barrel and all the recoil would come striaght back and you were able to make faster follow up shots, well same concept.
when i fire my glocks and switch to another gun I almost feel like there is something wrong with them. its one of those thing that just makes sense and makes you wonder why all pistols are not made like that.
The Rhino revolver is using the same concept. They have switched the firing position of the barrel and cylinder. The bottom cylindrer is now the one that will fire and since the barrel sits so low, like a glock, you get fast follow up shots. If you have a chance to shoot this revolver, it feels funny at first but you will love it and have to get one for yourself as soon as you can afford to $1K to $1800 price tag.
Why would I be paranoid, I'm the one with the gun.AR15firing
I'm not a "Glock Guy," but I do own one (a 27). I got it cuz I wanted a ccw that was the smallest, best quality, high capacity and packed the most punch for the price. I can easily conceal it in a fanny pack with other necessities, plus an extra clip and no one can even tell I'm carrying. I got the 27 for its compact size and .40 cal. I tried the compact .45, but didn't feel comfortable in my hand. the 27 just felt right.

FYI: if you wear a fanny/belly pack or any kind of gun pouch (I keep mine in front and to the side), use a locking caribiner attached to its D-ring and your belt loop. That way, if someone tried to snatch it by simply un-clipping the male/female, it won't go anywhere. I know too many people, who have had their packs pulled right off them without even knowing it.
Gun control means, holding on tight and hitting your target.
(01-29-2013, 09:42 PM)Mean Gene Wrote: I know too many people, who have had their packs pulled right off them without even knowing it.

Sounds like something that would happen at Disney Land. Wouldn't it be better to keep it in you waist band. I know that I can carry a G21 IWB, invisible to anyone else and comfortable so I can sit, walk, run etc with out ever becoming loose. I keep it slide down and parallel to my belt. I am not a big guy but it seems to work well that way.
(01-29-2013, 10:00 PM)vector16 Wrote: Sounds like something that would happen at Disney Land. Wouldn't it be better to keep it in you waist band. I know that I can carry a G21 IWB, invisible to anyone else and comfortable so I can sit, walk, run etc with out ever becoming loose. I keep it slide down and parallel to my belt. I am not a big guy but it seems to work well that way.

Of course, I was just giving one scenario. I might use the fanny pack when shooting outdoors. I have an S&W Airweight that I sometimes keep in my pocket holster. It's so light, I can barely feel it and no one can tell it's there.
Gun control means, holding on tight and hitting your target.
(01-29-2013, 10:00 PM)vector16 Wrote: Sounds like something that would happen at Disney Land. Wouldn't it be better to keep it in you waist band. I know that I can carry a G21 IWB, invisible to anyone else and comfortable so I can sit, walk, run etc with out ever becoming loose. I keep it slide down and parallel to my belt. I am not a big guy but it seems to work well that way.

So what holster do you use? I carry a G21 also and I use the Glock Sport holster. I couldn't imagine carrying IWB with that gun.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(01-31-2013, 08:24 PM)Beau Wrote: So what holster do you use? I carry a G21 also and I use the Glock Sport holster. I couldn't imagine carrying IWB with that gun.

Actually I do. When I carry concealed it goes right under my belt buckle, Just part of the grip is sticking out of me waist band and the barrel is parallel to my belt. I have a puoch that it sits in. I saw it in the NRA catalog last year and it seemed to be the most comfortable spot to carry. I can sit, run, walk etc and I sometimes even forget that its there. When I am hunting on the other hand and may need quick access to the pistol. I will either use a shoulder strap with underarm carry or a Fobus paddle holster. I really like the BlackHawk holsters but I can't see spending $80 on it, The Fobus holster is $12-$15 and they work very well for a pressure holster. I have had one of mine for 4 seasons now. I have taken a couple rough spills and the Glock has stayed put.
Definitely a Glock guy. I have only owned 2 Glocks, a 19 and a 35. Didn't like the 35 all that much, sold it.

While I have been a shooter for more years than I can recall, and a CCW for several of the recent years, I am not a real pistolero. I like the gun because it points easily for me, and I can hit what I aim for with the Glock.
(02-06-2013, 01:43 AM)stubbicatt Wrote: Definitely a Glock guy. I have only owned 2 Glocks, a 19 and a 35. Didn't like the 35 all that much, sold it.

While I have been a shooter for more years than I can recall, and a CCW for several of the recent years, I am not a real pistolero. I like the gun because it points easily for me, and I can hit what I aim for with the Glock.

What didn't you like about the 35? I use one for competition and carry it from time to time.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

I'm not really a glock guy but it's more for philosophical reasons than aesthetic or ergonomic. Although the aesthetics and ergonomics of glocks aren't too impressive.

My problem is when Gaston Glock designed the thing his main criteria was "so simple even a cop can work it." I have a problem with that.

The reason they are so popular among police isn't their reliability but the fact that Glock supplied them to PDs at cost. A few hundred bucks. They were cheaper than anything else and still worked. As far as reliability all guns need tlc and none stand out for reliability in my weekly exposure to a bunch of them.

The good part about Glocks is the customer service is second to none. If they KB, which does happen you can have the thing fixed for free.
Owner, Firearms instructor
http://www.fixedsighttraining.com
https://www.facebook.com/fixedsighttraining.
CCW Pistol Classes every Sat at a private range just east of Aurora!
Glock guy here and I've had one since '88 when a gunsmith talked me out of a BHP. I've owned a 19, 23, 35, and 27. My 35 is 15 years old and has over 100K+ rounds of reloads (mostly moly coated lead) through it. I have maybe 1K rounds through my 2nd 23 and had 3K through my 19. I won the 27 but traded it in for my 35 when my wife rarely practiced with it. I've put the 35 through 15 years of USPSA shooting and it just goes on and on. I put it down every so often so I can shoot my other 1911s, BHPs and HKs in competition. My first CCW 'piece' was a Para O P13 that after being through 3 well known gunsmiths still wouldn't run >80% so after close to $800 in improvements I sold it. I don't miss it as it was an anchor to have to carry with a spare mag.
My G35 has a KKM barrel, W guiderod, Ghost trigger, Dawson Ice magwell, and Wolf striker. I honestly like the grip angle and trigger of my 1911s, HKs and the M & Ps but I've got too much on my plate to have to switch platforms to the SW. My next venture will probably be CZ. Honestly, I shoot glock because it is just so darn simple, reliable, easy to clean and maintain. It gets cleaned every 1k-1.5K rounds. It is my carry piece of choice because it is so gosh darn reliable (99.99%), light and worry free.
(07-05-2011, 04:53 PM)Bentley Wrote: And who is not? Why?

I am not. The lack of extra safety is one reason for me, however the main reason I dont like them is the grip angle. Cant stand it. I prefer the traditional 1911 grip angle.

You still around here man? It's blackchild.

Oh and yeah, Glock guy. XD's are for wannabes Smileak
Free Conceal Classes in Colorado
NRA Certified Instructors
http://www.concealedcarryforfree.com
I'm not a Glock guy but I do have a G17 Gen 2 that I bought years ago as a police trade-in, rebuilt 7/99. This G17 has been utterly reliable since day one. My preference though runs to the CZ 75 family, grip angle and blade front sight just work better for me. My interest has been rekindled in a Glock after firing a buddy's G19 Gen 4. So, I dunno, the G26 I've handled at the LGS points better for me but maybe a new G19 Gen 4 might in my future. Dunno
Democraticorum delenda est! Bat
NRA Life Member

The three most important components of stopping power are bullet placement, bullet placement and bullet placement. - Evan Marshall