Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
So who is a Glock guy?
(10-30-2011, 12:49 AM)Beau Wrote:
(10-29-2011, 10:24 AM)kj4963 Wrote: I have been looking at posts on this forum and another forum, which i don't know if that is the "other forum" that people mention, and find the Glock versus other Guns argument. I just don't understand the big controversy. I own several glocks and enjoy shooting them. I also own a few other guns, a XDM, a bersa and a remington 1911. i enjoy shooting most of them, the bersa not that much. I guess what i am trying to say is if you don't like Glock, don't buy it! you're a loser. You have horrible firearm knowledge and your taste in guns sucks

FIFY

It's OK Beau, you too will one day see the light and realize there are other firearms out there other than Glock that can be relied on. It just takes longer for some of us to come to that realization. wink Popcorn2
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
(10-30-2011, 06:42 AM)alang Wrote:

FIFY

It's OK Beau, you too will one day see the light and realize there are other firearms out there other than Glock that can be relied on. It just takes longer for some of us to come to that realization. wink Popcorn2

No matter how reliable, inexpensive and aesthetically pleasing another firearm may be it still won't be a Glock :grin:. DrawAR15firing
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

FIFY

moron!

FIFY

I am sorry for typing what i did, i thought it was a shot against me, and then reread it.
haha
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(10-30-2011, 11:45 AM)kj4963 Wrote:
(10-30-2011, 06:42 AM)alang Wrote: It's OK Beau, you too will one day see the light and realize there are other firearms out there other than Glock that can be relied on. It just takes longer for some of us to come to that realization. wink Popcorn2
moron!

I see how it is!!! You try to support someone's point and they start calling you names! Dunno Bat

(10-30-2011, 11:56 AM)kj4963 Wrote: I am sorry for typing what i did, i thought it was a shot against me, and then reread it.

No problem.
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
I am on my fourth Glock, good guns, mine have all, always gone bang. BUT, if SHTF, and for whatever reason I can only have one pistol, it WILL be my Kimber 1911 Desert Warrior. 5k rounds without a problem, I've even cleaned it, TWICE.
I would probably be a glock guy too, if I could ever get to the point where I could lay down 5-600 bucks for one. but until then I guess I just have to stick with the pistols I got, which suits me just fine for now. i will ALWAYS love my smith and wesson combat masterpiece in .357 magnum. (I know, its not a glock, but its love just the same) its my main wheelgun. the closest I can get right now is the S&W sigma .40. I know, I know...its not a real glock...hehe
"Rock, Paper, CHUCK NORRIS! I win"
I have had gen 2 G17 for years, shot 10,000's of rounds through it, cleaned it once, NEVER EVER failed me.. I'm a Glock guy!
XD all the way!!
Don't need no Glock or no stinking safety!!!
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy
Not sure I'd say I'm a Glock guy or not. I did just purchase my first firearm and it was a G19. On paper I call my self an HK guy, but I just can't afford them. The G19 was the first hand gun I've ever fired, and it was a hell of an experience. I am looking forward to spending a lot of time at a range with this, if nothing else becoming a Glock guy.
Ok, after all the posts! I admit it, I am GLOCK GUY! :)
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS

Heard an interesting interview today of an author named Paul Barrett on national public radio,fm 90.1 I think.
The book was "The rise of America's gun" it sounded like an all you ever wanted to about the glock company and gun and then some type of book.
I got a Glock 27 for Christmas last year and will admit that the grip takes a little getting used to. The trigger guard digs into my middle finger a bit. That said. I love this thing. I love the ease of use (no active safety to worry about in a high stress heart pounding situation) the ease of take down, the truly legendary reliability. This thing is the AK-47 of the handgun world (regarding reliability, not accuracy). I've found it to be super durable and love that if I don't have time to clean it after every 500 rounds I can still count on it in a life threatening situation. That's all I've got.
YJ
I'm thinking if trading mine for an xd sub compact .40. The grip angle on my glock 27 makes me feel like I'm breaking at the wrist a little too much for comfort.
(03-14-2012, 11:13 PM)yjsaindon Wrote: I'm thinking if trading mine for an xd sub compact .40. The grip angle on my glock 27 makes me feel like I'm breaking at the wrist a little too much for comfort.

Your discovery is pretty typical for most people who decide a Glock isn't the gun for them. I'm the same way. I've shot a few of them in my day, but I always feel like I'm having to hunt for the target by adjusting my grip and sight picture.
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
(03-14-2012, 11:13 PM)yjsaindon Wrote: I'm thinking if trading mine for an xd sub compact .40. The grip angle on my glock 27 makes me feel like I'm breaking at the wrist a little too much for comfort.

Same reason I bought the XD subcompact great gun!

On the "Glock guy" thing don't bother trying to talk to them it's a religious thing like Apple computers and their fanaticism will not allow them to listen. Stir the pot
I'm an XD guy too. I have the full size .45 and love it. It points and aims for me about as naturally as my 1911 does.
And I agree Whistler, Glock guys tend to be Koolaid consumers. I've never been a guy that abstains from any one particular gun or manufactuer. I like any gun that I can play with. Some I like better than others, but they're all good to have IMO. ;-)
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
(03-15-2012, 10:43 AM)Ape Wrote: I'm an XD guy too. I have the full size .45 and love it. It points and aims for me about as naturally as my 1911 does.
And I agree Whistler, Glock guys tend to be Koolaid consumers. I've never been a guy that abstains from any one particular gun or manufactuer. I like any gun that I can play with. Some I like better than others, but they're all good to have IMO. ;-)

Isn't that listed somewhere as a reason for "guns over women"? "You can handle other guns without your gun getting upset"
Just remember all handguns ARE GLOCKS! And All RIFLES ARE AK 47'S!
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS