Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
So who is a Glock guy?
(10-12-2011, 06:53 PM)GasPasser Wrote: [quote='whiskeyjack' pid='2245' dateline='1310179323']
... In terms of capacity... Statistics also tell us that the average gunfight involves somewhere between 2 and 6 rounds being fired depending upon whose stats you believe...

The stats I've heard are 2-3 shots AND at a distance of inside 6'. At that distance, the first shot will probably win.

New FBI statistics indicate that if you ARE attacked, there is a greater than 50% chance that it will be by more than one bad guy (wolves travel in packs), hence the need for more ammo capacity.

Armed people are called citizens. Unarmed people are called subjects.
(10-14-2011, 11:43 PM)Ken_In_Colo Wrote:
(10-12-2011, 06:53 PM)GasPasser Wrote: [quote='whiskeyjack' pid='2245' dateline='1310179323']
... In terms of capacity... Statistics also tell us that the average gunfight involves somewhere between 2 and 6 rounds being fired depending upon whose stats you believe...

The stats I've heard are 2-3 shots AND at a distance of inside 6'. At that distance, the first shot will probably win.

New FBI statistics indicate that if you ARE attacked, there is a greater than 50% chance that it will be by more than one bad guy (wolves travel in packs), hence the need for more ammo capacity.

and recent attacks that were responded to with an armed potential victim, the "pack" Fled immediately upon the initial assailant hitting the floor from acute lead poisoning.
There never was a bad man that had ability for good service.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Life never forgives weaknesses.
-Adolf Hitler
(10-17-2011, 06:05 PM)Byte Stryke Wrote:
(10-14-2011, 11:43 PM)Ken_In_Colo Wrote: The stats I've heard are 2-3 shots AND at a distance of inside 6'. At that distance, the first shot will probably win.

and recent attacks that were responded to with an armed potential victim, the "pack" Fled immediately upon the initial assailant hitting the floor from acute lead poisoning.
Im not going to bet my life on statistics. Id rather be ready to poison as many as need for die trying.

Phoenix Firearms Training
Owner/CEO
phoenixfirearms@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/phoenixfirearms
3o3-72o-1814
(10-17-2011, 10:15 PM)whiskeyjack Wrote: Im not going to bet my life on statistics. Id rather be ready to poison as many as need for die trying.

^This. There was a story last year about a guy that unloaded his .44 revolver into a gas station robber. Apparently someone forgot to tell the guy that after 2.whatever rounds he was supposed to fall dead because after receiving more than required rounds he kept attacking.

People wanna carry <6, fine. I'll stick with my 40.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

9mm with hollow points, full glock clip that's plenty.
I would honestly be happy with my ruger 7"barrell .22
I'll hit face every shot, no worries. My walther p22 would be nice too, the laser pointed at my junk would make me stop whatever the hell I was Doing.
Glock has a clip fed model???? I want one!!!!

Seriously though, how do you know that's plenty? I don't know if 40 is plenty. I would hope that zero is plenty. I'll tell you what I do know. I will never feel foolish because I had to defend myself with a firearm and I had rounds left over. I will however feel very foolish if I ever have to defend myself and run out of rounds before the fight was over.
When in doubt. JFC.

(10-18-2011, 09:48 AM)Anthonyzarco Wrote: 9mm with hollow points, full glock clip that's plenty.
I'll hit face every shot, no worries. My walther p22 would be nice too, the laser pointed at my junk would make me stop whatever the hell I was Doing.

I challenge you to a course of action with induced imminent threat and see how well your face shots and junk pointing go.
Owner/CEO
3o3-72o-1814
(10-18-2011, 03:24 PM)Beau Wrote: Glock has a clip fed model???? I want one!!!!

Seriously though, how do you know that's plenty? I don't know if 40 is plenty. I would hope that zero is plenty. I'll tell you what I do know. I will never feel foolish because I had to defend myself with a firearm and I had rounds left over. I will however feel very foolish if I ever have to defend myself and run out of rounds before the fight was over.

I EDC 49 hydra-shoks. When going somewhere I may have to dish some lead I carry 14 pmags.+ whats stowed in my transport. You can never have enough.

as a real BAMF said the worst feeling is running out of ammo in a gun fight because guess what its still a gun fight you just have a small hammer.
Owner/CEO
3o3-72o-1814
(10-18-2011, 06:11 PM)whiskeyjack Wrote:
(10-18-2011, 09:48 AM)Anthonyzarco Wrote: 9mm with hollow points, full glock clip that's plenty.

I challenge you to a course of action with induced imminent threat and see how well your face shots and junk pointing go.

I am confident that my aim would
Be outstanding and that a .22 would save my life.
(10-18-2011, 10:21 PM)Anthonyzarco Wrote:
(10-18-2011, 06:11 PM)whiskeyjack Wrote: I challenge you to a course of action with induced imminent threat and see how well your face shots and junk pointing go.

I am confident that my aim would
Be outstanding and that a .22 would save my life.

Man, with reliability of 22lr I wouldn't be that much confident...
"The more you know - the less you need."
(10-18-2011, 03:24 PM)Beau Wrote: I'll tell you what I do know. I will never feel foolish because I had to defend myself with a firearm and I had rounds left over. I will however feel very foolish if I ever have to defend myself and run out of rounds before the fight was over.

Here is the winning statement!!! Draw
(07-05-2011, 04:53 PM)Bentley Wrote: The lack of extra safety is one reason for me,

this is exactly why i am a glock advocate
(10-19-2011, 09:54 AM)funkymonkey1111 Wrote:
(07-05-2011, 04:53 PM)Bentley Wrote: The lack of extra safety is one reason for me,

this is exactly why i am a glock advocate

95% of the Negligent discharges I have seen were with firearms that had a "safety"
Owner/CEO
3o3-72o-1814
(10-19-2011, 11:39 AM)whiskeyjack Wrote:
(10-19-2011, 09:54 AM)funkymonkey1111 Wrote: this is exactly why i am a glock advocate

95% of the Negligent discharges I have seen were with firearms that had a "safety"

Im not talking about a conventional external safety. I chose the xd because of the grip safety. And frankly guys who think their Glocks are "safer" than other guns is just plain laughable. Its the person with the weapon that makes it safe or not. Period. ND's are just that, negligent.

This would NOT have happened if he was carrying an XD...

http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/firearms/safety-warning-worn-leather-holsters-can-cause-accidental-discharges/

It would not have happened with a holster that wasnt worn either.
I use to be a glock only guy, but realized there our other good guns out there. My wife has a glock 19c and a springfield xdm 3.8, and since she dosen't shoot them much, i do. I shoot the xdm better than her glock. i am interested in trying the xd in different calibers.Yaybounce Plus i like posting with the chick and the bouncy boobs!
(10-23-2011, 11:03 AM)Bentley Wrote:
(10-19-2011, 11:39 AM)whiskeyjack Wrote: 95% of the Negligent discharges I have seen were with firearms that had a "safety"

Im not talking about a conventional external safety. I chose the xd because of the grip safety. And frankly guys who think their Glocks are "safer" than other guns is just plain laughable. Its the person with the weapon that makes it safe or not. Period. ND's are just that, negligent.

This would NOT have happened if he was carrying an XD...

http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/firearms/safety-warning-worn-leather-holsters-can-cause-accidental-discharges/

It would not have happened with a holster that wasnt worn either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE

Grip+external safety. All im saying is dont blame the gun blame the shooter.
Owner/CEO
3o3-72o-1814
(10-23-2011, 02:52 PM)whiskeyjack Wrote: All im saying is dont blame the gun blame the shooter.

(10-23-2011, 11:03 AM)Bentley Wrote: Its the person with the weapon that makes it safe or not. Period. ND's are just that, negligent.

We are on the same page.

Yep, page 3.
When in doubt. JFC.

I have been looking at posts on this forum and another forum, which i don't know if that is the "other forum" that people mention, and find the Glock versus other Guns argument. I just don't understand the big controversy. I own several glocks and enjoy shooting them. I also own a few other guns, a XDM, a bersa and a remington 1911. i enjoy shooting most of them, the bersa not that much. I guess what i am trying to say is if you don't like Glock, don't buy it!
(10-29-2011, 10:24 AM)kj4963 Wrote: I have been looking at posts on this forum and another forum, which i don't know if that is the "other forum" that people mention, and find the Glock versus other Guns argument. I just don't understand the big controversy. I own several glocks and enjoy shooting them. I also own a few other guns, a XDM, a bersa and a remington 1911. i enjoy shooting most of them, the bersa not that much. I guess what i am trying to say is if you don't like Glock, don't buy it! you're a loser. You have horrible firearm knowledge and your taste in guns sucks

FIFY
When in doubt. JFC.