Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Businesses against carry.
(03-15-2012, 05:37 AM)O2HeN2 Wrote: Let me take a run at creating a valid link:

Costco gun policy.

O2

My guess is Costco keeps changing their web site which of course breaks the previously posted links. This is the only page I could find reference to the gun policy now.

"Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers."

http://www.costco.com/member-privileges-conditions.html
Colorado Sons of Liberty Riders
It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

So, that brings up my question:

Does a Peace Officer carry the same weight as an LEO?
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
(01-10-2014, 11:16 PM)DGCJason Wrote: So, that brings up my question:

Depends on if they both eat the same amount of doughnuts.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(01-10-2014, 11:16 PM)DGCJason Wrote: So, that brings up my question:

I remember years ago there were peace officers. Do peace officers exist anymore?
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One of the greatest fears politicians have is seeing an angry guy with lots of guns charging down the street, because they know he’s probably on his way to commit an act of voting.

Oooooh, I've not had a doughnut in AGES!!!
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
(01-11-2014, 11:11 AM)Highwayman Wrote: I remember years ago there were peace officers. Do peace officers exist anymore?

Yes indeed, and in most states too:

http://www.coloradoattorneygeneral.gov/departments/criminal_justice/post_board

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Law-Enforcement/Ohio-Peace-Officer-Training-Academy

In researching more carefully away from my mobile device, it seems a peace officer is an LEO, but a police officer is more tied to a specific law enforcement division (state, city, county, etc.)

Back to your regularly scheduled posting as I probably took this thread too far OT....LOL
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
I am a member of Costco and carried (open) my pistol at least 20-30 times. I have never been asked to leave? I have never been approached. While I didn't do an exhaustive search on their website, I could not find anything about firearms in the stores.
One shot, One kill
http://www.costco.com/member-privileges-conditions.html

Scroll down to general policies, it's the last bullet.

I never actully OCed into Costco, it was at about the time time I was starting to OC frequently that I heard about this. I DID ask at the counter (Powers and Barnes Costco in Colorado Springs) and the employee (who might have been a manager) there was aware of it and went on the usual blah-blah-blah about wanting their membership to be safe, etc.--the same crap we've refuted a zillion times.. I was CCing at the time and simply handed her my membership card--renewal was due--and walked out the door. I SHOULD have asked for a magic marker and written "Your anti-gun policy made me quit" on it before doing so.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
I take a different tactic with Costco. I use their AMEX card, and run them negative with the cash back every year. Costco has paid me at least $1500 since I've had the card. I've paid less in annual fee, than they've paid me. I enjoy running up their prices and lowering their profits.
(02-01-2014, 04:01 AM)DenverPilot Wrote: I take a different tactic with Costco. I use their AMEX card, and run them negative with the cash back every year. Costco has paid me at least $1500 since I've had the card. I've paid less in annual fee, than they've paid me. I enjoy running up their prices and lowering their profits.

Hah. I just saw this. [the show new posts feature is defective.]

Depending on where you use the card you might be outsmarting yourself. It should be obvious but don't actually use the card at Costco or they are making more in profit on the merchandise than they are giving you on the card.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(07-14-2014, 07:10 AM)308 Fan Wrote: Hah. I just saw this. [the show new posts feature is defective.]

Depending on where you use the card you might be outsmarting yourself. It should be obvious but don't actually use the card at Costco or they are making more in profit on the merchandise than they are giving you on the card.

Oh definitely not. And since it's AMEX and they charge businesses high fees, I don't use it at small mom and pop shops either.

In the end I know Amex always gets their pound of flesh, so I like to hope Costco is mostly writing me a check every year from their own money. Hard to say.

Best part is, you take the rebate check in and tell 'em you're not buying anything today and they hand you cash. They stop doing that, it's gone.

If Amex didn't charge such high fees to the businesses, it'd be great to buy guns and ammo with it, then get a rebate check every year from an anti-gun organization for buying guns and ammo. And then send them a nice letter thanking them for the firearms discount. Haha.
Wonderful how you've devolved into quasi-law-breaking activity, against a generally well-respected business with a wide universe of customers, many of whom feel ill at ease when seeing an OC in a store where they bring the whole family.
The courts have upheld private property rights to prohibit or constrain your Holy Writ to OC; get over your inflated self.
Fact = by your definition of OC, James Holmes was entirely within his rights, up to the moment he emptied his first round in a public place, whether or not it struck anyone.
Fact = no one, not even geniuses like you, can differentiate between a "good guy", i.e. you, and all the universe of "bad guys", as unfortunately demonstrated by so many questionable shootings by even trained LE officers.
Elsewhere in this site many defended unbridled rights to OC in restaurants, etc.
Pray tell - suppose a trio of "homies" with backward caps, red bandannas, and guns sticking out of droopy pants bobbed into your diner - would you immediately draw and fire, or nod to their courage, in belonging to your OC advocacy group?
Don't pretend there isn't a tremendous bias inherent in parading around with OC and simultaneously boasting about your ability to bring down perps galore because of your proud stance, especially when you think no one might for a moment perceive YOU as the perp because of your weapon.

(07-14-2014, 11:38 PM)DenverPilot Wrote: Oh definitely not. And since it's AMEX and they charge businesses high fees, I don't use it at small mom and pop shops either.

In the end I know Amex always gets their pound of flesh, so I like to hope Costco is mostly writing me a check every year from their own money. Hard to say.

Best part is, you take the rebate check in and tell 'em you're not buying anything today and they hand you cash. They stop doing that, it's gone.

If Amex didn't charge such high fees to the businesses, it'd be great to buy guns and ammo with it, then get a rebate check every year from an anti-gun organization for buying guns and ammo. And then send them a nice letter thanking them for the firearms discount. Haha.
Umm, I don't see anyone arguing against the right of private property owners or businesses to dictate whether they permit OC on their premises. That's clearly their right. It's also the right of any individual to choose whether or not to do business, with anyone they choose, for whatever reason they choose.
Rocky

I agree, I couldn't find it either. (Though I didn't go too far back.)

Which makes this a VERY unusual thread for a gun board. It generally takes about three posts before some property-rights-trashing individual posts "concealed is concealed" and vows to carry anyway regardless of the property owner's express desires.

Biggun
(03-13-2015, 04:05 PM)Gunsane Wrote: Wonderful how you've devolved into quasi-law-breaking activity, against a generally well-respected business with a wide universe of customers, many of whom feel ill at ease when seeing an OC in a store where they bring the whole family.
 The courts have upheld private property rights to prohibit or constrain your Holy Writ to OC; get over your inflated self.
 Fact = by your definition of OC, James Holmes was entirely within his rights, up to the moment he emptied his first round in a public place, whether or not it struck anyone.
Fact = no one, not even geniuses like you, can differentiate between a "good guy", i.e. you, and all the universe of "bad guys", as unfortunately demonstrated by so many questionable shootings by even trained LE officers.
Elsewhere in this site many defended unbridled rights to OC in restaurants, etc.
Pray tell - suppose a trio of "homies" with backward caps, red bandannas, and guns sticking out of droopy pants bobbed into your diner - would you immediately draw and fire, or nod to their courage, in belonging to your OC advocacy group?
Don't pretend there isn't a tremendous bias inherent in parading around with OC and simultaneously boasting about your ability to bring down perps galore because of your proud stance, especially when you think no one might for a moment perceive YOU as the perp because of your weapon.

Somebodies got a few issues... and more than a bit confused... Rolleyesedit

Somebodies got a few issues... and more than a bit confused... Rolleyesedit
Whole Food on Academy in Colorado Springs appears to be unable to make up its mind. When it opened years ago it had a "No Firearms" sign. That disappeared after only a short time and for years it had no sign. Then a couple months ago it again had a "No Firearms" sign again. Now it has a "No Open Carry" sign...

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.