Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Businesses against carry.
I conceal carry in Grand Junction and the businesses you cant carry at that I have found are the Mesa Mall and all their businesses on their property, this includes Cabelas and any place with a connecting parking lot. And both movie theaters, Carmike and Regal.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety~ Benjamin Franklin
I have open carried in that Cabelas. They just asked that I let them know in advance if I was going to unholster to check fit on new holsters or any thing like that. They were quite friendly and welcomed open carry.
(07-31-2012, 11:20 AM)O2HeN2 Wrote: Colorado Springs' Hollywood Theaters puts down a welcome mat for mass murderers:

[Image: hollywood_gfz0.jpg]

[Image: hollywood_gfz1.jpg]

O2

I thought that the only way a business could stop CC was to install metal detectors at every entrance/exit? I was under the impression that no business could stop CC unless they had metal detectors in place as part of the structure?
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
-Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

"A free people.... Ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
-George Washington

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry"
-Thomas Jefferson
Smileak
(01-29-2013, 06:47 AM)K.J.O. Firearms Wrote: I thought that the only way a business could stop CC was to install metal detectors at every entrance/exit? I was under the impression that no business could stop CC unless they had metal detectors in place as part of the structure?

Well...their property, their rules...and they can prohibit pretty much whatever they want, CC included. Failure to abide by store policy however will not, in and of itself, get you cited or arrested....if they ask you to leave and you don't then they have trespassing charges on you. Carrying (OC or CC) past a "no guns" sign is legally no different than bringing in outside food and drink...against the rules, not against the law.

If metal detectors are present then it does make it illegal to CC inside there.
One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.
[Image: devils_playground_bike_zps6bc268ff-1_zps3ddf11e0.jpg]
(01-29-2013, 07:50 AM)PikesPeakMtnMan Wrote: Well...their property, their rules...and they can prohibit pretty much whatever they want, CC included. Failure to abide by store policy however will not, in and of itself, get you cited or arrested....if they ask you to leave and you don't then they have trespassing charges on you. Carrying (OC or CC) past a "no guns" sign is legally no different than bringing in outside food and drink...against the rules, not against the law.

Well Glocks are plastic , so metal detectors should not be a problem.Laugh
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS

(01-29-2013, 08:15 AM)kj4963 Wrote: Well Glocks are plastic , so metal detectors should not be a problem.Laugh

God bless polymer pistols. Easy to take into courtrooms and airport security. I am quite surprised that they are not on the new ban list.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Quote:PikesPeakMtnMan Wrote:
Well...their property, their rules...and they can prohibit pretty much whatever they want, CC included. Failure to abide by store policy however will not, in and of itself, get you cited or arrested....if they ask you to leave and you don't then they have trespassing charges on you. Carrying (OC or CC) past a "no guns" sign is legally no different than bringing in outside food and drink...against the rules, not against the law.

Well Glocks are plastic , so metal detectors should not be a problem.Laugh

Don't forget the ceramic slide and barrel! I remember hearing that one when Glocks first came out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
(01-29-2013, 12:58 AM)Andy Taylor Wrote: I have open carried in that Cabelas. They just asked that I let them know in advance if I was going to unholster to check fit on new holsters or any thing like that. They were quite friendly and welcomed open carry.

Its good to hear that they have a different set rules. That was the first place I cc in once I got my permit. The next day a friend of mine told me about the malls weapon ban and later texted me a picture of the sign found just inside the entrances to the mall. I felt like a major idiot.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety~ Benjamin Franklin
(07-31-2012, 11:20 AM)O2HeN2 Wrote: Colorado Springs' Hollywood Theaters puts down a welcome mat for mass murderers:

[Image: hollywood_gfz0.jpg]

[Image: hollywood_gfz1.jpg]

O2

I think they did that just temporarily after the Aurora shooting. I've been there a couple times the past few weeks and I haven't seen those signs anymore.
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
I posted this in another place. I was at Costco yesterday, I open carried in the store for about an hour and a half. No one said a thing to me?? I was there first thing in the morning before it got to busy. Lots of people could see.
One shot, One kill
(02-10-2013, 01:45 PM)Ozzy Wrote: I posted this in another place. I was at Costco yesterday, I open carried in the store for about an hour and a half. No one said a thing to me?? I was there first thing in the morning before it got to busy. Lots of people could see.

You got lucky. Costco is even more anti-gun than Sam's Club. They absolutely don't care if they lose your business over firearms carry. They will refund your membership immediately if you refuse to abide by their no firearms policy.
When in doubt. JFC.

While I don't disagree with the sentiment that businesses who don't allow people to CC in their establishment are essentially putting people at risk rather than being "concerned with their safety", we have to remember that private property is just that - private property.

It doesn't matter if it's a business, a residence, or whatever. Additional rules will apply if you wish to remain on the premises. If you do not adhere to those rules and remain on the premises, you are now trespassing.

I don't like that some businesses restrict our 2nd Amendment right, but there's really no two ways about it. That's their property and their right to institute whatever rules they want. It does mean that businesses that do not allow CC will lose my business, there are others who are willing to subjugate themselves to others.

By the same token, if you come into my house and I ask you to leave for any reason, I have that right. Whose rights win? The property owners or the visitors? My vote goes to the property owner...
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
Added Cost Cutters to the OP.
When in doubt. JFC.

(01-28-2013, 12:54 PM)BVagell Wrote: I conceal carry in Grand Junction and the businesses you cant carry at that I have found are the Mesa Mall and all their businesses on their property, this includes Cabelas and any place with a connecting parking lot. And both movie theaters, Carmike and Regal.

I've only seen 1 sign in Mesa Mall about carrying (by cafe court). In Cabella's, they posted that CC was OK, but you'd have to check OC at the door. They may have changed that since.
Writing or talking that is too long is a sign of thinking that isn't long enough!
PfffttSmilieshoot
It's already been mentioned -- Coleman Factory Outlet. Pic posted of sign. I had an email exchange with them and they are adamant that you cannot carry in their stores regardless of permit or state law.

[Image: 184286_10151455608959198_1211008070_n.jp...3338265967]
Very friendly locations in Colorado Springs: Specialty Sports, Sportsman's Warehouse, and Whistling Pines Gun Club. To be sure they are all gun-related businesses but as we have seen here, that's no guarantee.

These places are so friendly I didn't really consider myself an OCer until I also visited a Subway restaurant on Saturday. Even though I was with a friend who was also OC, no one appears to have even noticed!

As for Glocks, the "Glock 7" may be a classic badass gun, so good that if it didn't exist, we'd have to make it up (oh, wait, we did), but I contented myself that day with a Glock 20.
Found a new vile "firearms not allowed" sign Oct 27, not present on my previous visit.

Sprouts Farmers' Market
20831 E. Smoky Hill Rd.
Centennial, CO
"If you got to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!" -Tuco Ramirez-
Olde Town Arvada movie theater. Sign on door reads "Concealed Deadly Weapons are not allowed" etc.. Thought about open carrying in but didn't have my recorder on me.
When in doubt. JFC.

(10-31-2013, 08:16 PM)Beau Wrote: Olde Town Arvada movie theater. Sign on door reads "Concealed Deadly Weapons are not allowed" etc.. Thought about open carrying in but didn't have my recorder on me.

If it's the usual silhouette of a Beretta, you could carry a Glock in and then claim the sign means "no Berettas." Or vice versa. Or just carry a CZ and be safe from either sign.Stir the pot
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
Gazette today announced that Champps in the yuppy mall here in the 'springs is out of business. Good riddance. HUGE sign upon entering proclaiming it to be a target-rich zone.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.