Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Businesses against carry.
"These are NOT the businesses you are looking for." (waves fingers)

Sorry had to Dunno
I go to quite a bit of movie pre screenings mostly in Greenwood Village at the Landmark theater. There are no signs on the doors, ok to CC.

When you go to a pre screening they use a metal detector type wand to make sure you dont have any recording devices, I'm guessing. I'm a CC'er and I get beeped everytime they wave it near my hip. I always get a little nervous, thinking I'm about to start an issue. The guy waving the wand has never asked what was causing the wand to go off and doesn't even seem to care.

Today I went to the AMC theater in the Cherry Creek Mall for a pre screening. Cherry Creek Mall is ok to CC but the AMC theater is not. There is this very small white sign that says "no weapons" behind the front cashiers desk.

....hmmm getting an alert on a metal detector and they aren't following up on it, I'd be carrying too! When I was visiting a museum in D.C. I beeped a metal detector but the two guards were too interested in joking with another of their colleagues...real effective those things are!
One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.
[Image: devils_playground_bike_zps6bc268ff-1_zps3ddf11e0.jpg]
Colorado Springs' Hollywood Theaters puts down a welcome mat for mass murderers:

[Image: hollywood_gfz0.jpg]

[Image: hollywood_gfz1.jpg]

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
By the way, I finally got around to updating the carry map for a number of places in Colorado Springs that I have OCed in and had no issues, as well as a few places that are posted.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
My pardner was told to take his openly carried firearm out and leave it in his car. I spoke with a variety of folks in TCF management, and one individual with corporate security compared carrying a firearm to defecating (taking a dump) on their floor, in response to articulation of their policy. I made an executive level complaint to the office of the CEO, and posted the entire story on another forum. Point is, TCF can ask any carrier to remove their firearm on any whim of any customer, teller, manager or anybody else that doesn't like your exercise of legitimate right of self defense by bearing arms.
(08-02-2012, 07:54 AM)M-Taliesin Wrote: My pardner was told to take his openly carried firearm out and leave it in his car. I spoke with a variety of folks in TCF management, and one individual with corporate security compared carrying a firearm to defecating (taking a dump) on their floor, in response to articulation of their policy. I made an executive level complaint to the office of the CEO, and posted the entire story on another forum. Point is, TCF can ask any carrier to remove their firearm on any whim of any customer, teller, manager or anybody else that doesn't like your exercise of legitimate right of self defense by bearing arms.

Added to OP.

You didn't specify which location this was at so I just picked a random one and added it to the map.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

I apologize if I missed it, but the Buffalo Wild Wings chain has banned guns in any of their establishments. I can't find anything official on their site, but it's pretty well known at this point.
(01-01-2013, 10:04 PM)lnferno Wrote: I apologize if I missed it, but the Buffalo Wild Wings chain has banned guns in any of their establishments. I can't find anything official on their site, but it's pretty well known at this point.

It's hit and miss. Some restaurants have it posted, some don't. I've OC'd into a couple BWW before without issue.
When in doubt. JFC.

Drove by the Thornton BWW the other day, nothing posted on their doors yet.
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS

Buffalo Wild Wings
" I will keep my guns, money, and freedom. You keep the change."
New member here from Castle Rock; hello everyone!

For what it's worth the only "No Firearms" sign I've seen in last year has been at Coleman's (which is already on the list) and the County Court House (obviously)... Been keeping an eye out for more and will update if I see any.
Welcome Viper.
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS

Centennial Gun Club at 6649 South Paris Street Centennial, CO 80110.

Gander Mtn @ Jewell & Abillene (sp? it's the one off I-225/Mississippi).

Both places were very open and welcome to OC.

NOT ONE MORE INCH!
(01-16-2013, 12:49 PM)vader33 Wrote: Centennial Gun Club at 6649 South Paris Street Centennial, CO 80110.

Gander Mtn @ Jewell & Abillene (sp? it's the one off I-225/Mississippi).

Both places were very open and welcome to OC.

Just a clarification on Centennial... If you're going into the range they "officially" want arms unloaded and cased prior to entering the range, I believe. They also want the bolt locked open on rifles until you're in the booth with them pointed downrange and loaded ready to fire. Open when not shooting in the booth, also.

There really isn't currently a safe place to unload, however. Certainly not with as busy as the place has been lately.

(I wonder how tired the sales folks are of everyone at the counter muzzle sweeping them at this point. Saturdays, that happens about every 30 seconds.)

I haven't yet asked how they'd handle someone going in to practice in the range with a concealed carry gun, holstered. I assume they'd want it unloaded and removed from the holster, or slide-locked open at least, but not sure. It would likely depend upon whether or not you're already holster qualified, for one possible answer. They track that in their computer for members and regular visitors.

Got a chuckle the other night there. Range safety called a cease fire. Everyone stepped back and he went downrange... to go get some guy's slide and spring from his handgun. Don't know what the guy was doing in his booth to his firearm, but he launched it about 15' out there. Range guy was quick to notice and helped him get all his gun parts back. Haha.

I'll see if I can get the above info confirmed and ask a few questions next time I'm over there.
I saw on the news last night that Groupon will no longer have gun related deals anymore. CC classes, range discounts, etc.
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/groupon-cancels-daily-deals-for-shooting-ranges-and-gun-training/

(01-22-2013, 08:09 AM)kj4963 Wrote: I saw on the news last night that Groupon will no longer have gun related deals anymore. CC classes, range discounts, etc.
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/groupon-cancels-daily-deals-for-shooting-ranges-and-gun-training/

With all of the first time firearm owners out there right now I would think they would want to offer discounts related to safety and training.
Smileak
(01-22-2013, 08:09 AM)kj4963 Wrote: I saw on the news last night that Groupon will no longer have gun related deals anymore. CC classes, range discounts, etc.

Thanks for sharing. Request to cancel account sent along with the reason why.
(01-23-2013, 01:08 AM)DenverPilot Wrote: Thanks for sharing. Request to cancel account sent along with the reason why.

I also requested that my account be cancelled. I found it unusual that they do not have instructions on how to cancel an account listed. Here is what I sent them.

Hello,

I would like for my account with Goupon to be deactivated and deleted. I could not find any information on how to do his on my own.

The reason I would like to delete my account is that I was informed that Groupon will no longer carry deals for firearm related services. I will not support a business that actively takes a stance against gun owners. This decision by your company is also irresponsible. There are many first time gun owners who would have greatly benefited from discounts on training offered through your company. Why would you deny them discounts on services that would help them to become safe and responsible gun owners? Thank you for your time.
When in doubt. JFC.

Thanks for the info. I canceled as well and listed the reason.
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!