Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Businesses against carry.
(02-23-2012, 06:29 PM)K.J.O. Firearms Wrote: See I have heard that about Sam's but I carried once in the Southlands Location and nobody said a thing to me!! Also one to ad to your list, Big R. The one in Elizabeth has a sign on their door saying all firearms must be unloaded and the slide open and must be checked in at the front or customer service.

I was at Big R in Elizabeth today and saw the sign you mention. I asked both clerks at the firearms counter about the sign. They both stated that the sign only applies to firearms being brought into the store for service. They are okay with carry for self defense as long as the weapon stays holstered.

+1 Big R
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Added Canyon Crest Liquor as a business for carry. They stated they appreciate it when law abiding citizens carry in their store.

+1 Canyon Crest Liquor
Smileak
(03-11-2012, 11:18 PM)Beau Wrote: I was at Big R in Elizabeth today and saw the sign you mention. I asked both clerks at the firearms counter about the sign. They both stated that the sign only applies to firearms being brought into the store for service. They are okay with carry for self defense as long as the weapon stays holstered.

+1 Big R

Thumbsup
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
(03-12-2012, 09:57 PM)Lead Junkie Wrote: Added Canyon Crest Liquor as a business for carry. They stated they appreciate it when law abiding citizens carry in their store.

+1 Canyon Crest Liquor

Thumbsup

I know if I worked in a liquor store I'd want the law abiding customers to pack heat. Never can tell when you might need the help. Draw
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
(03-12-2012, 09:57 PM)Lead Junkie Wrote: Added Canyon Crest Liquor as a business for carry. They stated they appreciate it when law abiding citizens carry in their store.

+1 Canyon Crest Liquor

Thanks for adding it. ThumbsUp

I don't go to the Springs very often but the next time I'm in the area I'll stop and get a soda or something.
When in doubt. JFC.

(02-17-2012, 10:24 PM)kj4963 Wrote: From Costco's website.

Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions. We have the right and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules. The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules. By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.

Do you have a link for this???

I copied this to another site that was discusing Costco and got called out for not linking it. I can't find this statement on the Costco website. Neither can anyone else.
Thanks.
When in doubt. JFC.

I just googled Costco gun policy.
https://costco.egain.net/.../selfservice.controller?...
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS

+1 Canyon Crest Liquor

Thanks for adding them. Thumbsup
When in doubt. JFC.

(03-13-2012, 07:02 PM)kj4963 Wrote: I just googled Costco gun policy.
https://costco.egain.net/.../selfservice.controller?...

Quote:The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
There never was a bad man that had ability for good service.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Life never forgives weaknesses.
-Adolf Hitler
Well I can google it and it comes up and it works when I click on it. Don't know what else to say. Guess I am wrong.
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS

(03-14-2012, 08:35 PM)kj4963 Wrote: Well I can google it and it comes up and it works when I click on it. Don't know what else to say. Guess I am wrong.

No your not wrong, I asked them and they said they do not allow carry in their stores. I sent Beau the message for him to post!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
-Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

"A free people.... Ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
-George Washington

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry"
-Thomas Jefferson
Smileak
Got the message. K.J.O. sent an email asking them to clarify. The email he received back read the same as what has been posted. I'll edit names and post.
When in doubt. JFC.

Let me take a run at creating a valid link:

Costco gun policy.

O2
Works for me, does it work for others?

Now, something interesting... I joined Costco about a year ago, so I'm coming up on my renewal. The last sentence of their policy reads:
Quote:If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.
Sounds to me like I should go in, tell them I'm dissatisfied with their policy and ask for my annual membership fee to be returned in full!

O2
(03-15-2012, 05:46 AM)O2HeN2 Wrote: Works for me, does it work for others?

Now, something interesting... I joined Costco about a year ago, so I'm coming up on my renewal. The last sentence of their policy reads:
Sounds to me like I should go in, tell them I'm dissatisfied with their policy and ask for my annual membership fee to be returned in full!

O2

That's what I'm doing in the next couple days.
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Sounds like a good idea to me. Really only works if you don't plan on getting another membership.
When in doubt. JFC.

Coleman store at the Factory Outlets in Castle Rock has a "Gunbusters" sign beside the door. Next time I'm up there I'll get a picture.

Guess it's OK to wander among bras with a firearm*, but not among hunting/camping/outdoor equipment!

O2

* Albeit uncomfortably.
Dragon Arms has a sign posted that says something to the effect of: "No Firearms. If you bring a gun into the store we will assume you are a robber."
Aurora Movie Tavern (Hampden and Tower) has no firearms-related signs posted. I did, however, speak with their corporate office today to inquire as to their specific policy. They do not allow firearms on their property, regardless if you have a permit.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
-Samuel Adams
By the way, this bugs my internal grammar nazi every time I see this thread: an apostrophe-S does not make something plural. "Businesses" is the word you are looking for.

ETA: . . . what a smartass Thumbsup
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
-Samuel Adams