Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Businesses against carry.
I've heard that also. If you post it I'll add it.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

From Costco's website.

Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions. We have the right and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules. The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules. By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS

What a bunch of sissies.
When in doubt. JFC.

What about Sam's club, like Costco but the other guys. I have heard that they ban OC in their stores as well? Anyone know for sure??[/color]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
-Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

"A free people.... Ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
-George Washington

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry"
-Thomas Jefferson
Smileak
I can't believe I forgot about this one.

I was denied entry into a Sam's for OC once. I was asked to wait while the door person got a manager. 10 minutes later 5 people showed up. They looked at me and started talking among themselves. They called the door greeter over and told her something then they all walked off. The door greeter comes back to me and tells me that I can't come in the store and that I'll have to put my firearm in the car.

I was really irritated that management did not speak to me directly. I could not approach them because I would have been trespassing at that point.
I am looking up Sam's Club policy now.
When in doubt. JFC.

See I have heard that about Sam's but I carried once in the Southlands Location and nobody said a thing to me!! Also one to ad to your list, Big R. The one in Elizabeth has a sign on their door saying all firearms must be unloaded and the slide open and must be checked in at the front or customer service.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
-Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

"A free people.... Ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
-George Washington

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry"
-Thomas Jefferson
Smileak
I have open carried in Big R without issue.
When in doubt. JFC.

I've also OC'd at the Elizebeth Big R before. Nobody ever said anything to me. Not even the gun counter people who I spent some time with while there.
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
Colorado Springs World Arena
[Image: world_arena.jpg]
Where is that at O2??

When in doubt. JFC.

(02-27-2012, 03:59 AM)Glock fo-tay Wrote: Where is that at O2??

I believe that is the Colorado Springs version of the Pepsi Center.AR15firing
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS

I've added the text "Colorado Springs World Arena" to the photo because it appears that the reply "title" is of a smaller font than normal text (a bit backwards, if you ask me) which makes it easy to overlook.

O2
(02-27-2012, 09:36 AM)O2HeN2 Wrote: I've added the text "Colorado Springs World Arena" to the photo because it appears that the reply "title" is of a smaller font than normal text (a bit backwards, if you ask me) which makes it easy to overlook.

O2

Not to mention titles do not appear on Tapatalk.

I Tapatalked this.
When in doubt. JFC.

Was informed at "the other site" Blucore had changed their policy on CC, a quick scan of their blogs verified a post to that effect "based on customer feedback".

edit: their blog is long and unsearchable, the post was 1/13
(03-07-2012, 08:04 AM)Whistler Wrote: Was informed at "the other site" Blucore had changed their policy on CC, a quick scan of their blogs verified a post to that effect "based on customer feedback".

What about OC?

Is their policy to draw down on customers carrying openly still in place?

Actually I don't even care. Ive already decided that I won't be giving them my business.
When in doubt. JFC.

As far as I know no OC and I agree they won't get my business. The way the blog is worded they changed policy but not their attitude.
Do you have a link by chance?
When in doubt. JFC.

Didn't think I did but it was still in the browser history, here you go:

http://www.blucoreshootingcenter.com/blog/?p=416
Adding The Firing Line to the list.

Today while out and about I decided I wanted to go look at mag pouches. I was close by there so I went. I remember them having a sign of some sort but couldn't remember exactly what it said.

The sign reads:
STOP
All firearms must
be secured in a case
or guns unloaded with the
slide locked back.

I decided not to go in rather than disarm in the parking lot. I called them to get clarification on their policy. I asked if the policy only covered guns being brought in for repair or use on the range or if it applied to firearms carried for self defense. I was told the policy is for all firearms being brought in.

I really don't understand how a business that makes its money off the 2A would make policies that deny their customers the exercise thereof. It's like a car dealership that won't allow you to drive on their property. Just doesn't make sense.

When in doubt. JFC.

I just don't get it..... How do these business's get so wrapped up in themselves as to look down on their patrons like this?
Because all this says to me is this company believes they can't trust their customers and therefor wont support their rights to bear arms. But they'll be glad to take the money from these same people.
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]