Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Businesses against carry.
I've seen a thread like this pop up on other boards. I would like to make this one a little more user friendly. When a business is submitted I'll list it in alphabetical order. A user can click on the business name and be taken to more info if available.

There is also a carry map to go with this. Linky--->COGO Carry Map

Business's that restrict or do not allow the carry of firearms.
Blu Core Shooting Center.

Costco.

Cost Cutters.

Groupon.com.

Hooter's.

Kohl's department stores.

TCF BAnks.

The Firing Line.

Blu Core Shooting Center.
There are signs all over the parking lot and outside of the building that say ALL GUNS BROUGHT INTO THE RANGE MUST BE SECURED IN A CASE.They have even been quoted as saying that they would "draw down" on a person that came in the door if they had a visible holstered firearm. Click this for pics of signage. Link to original thread--->Shooting range/gun store will not allow carry.

Costco.
Costco is a members only store. By signing their membership contract you agree to not carry into their stores. Link to post containing their firearms clause.--->Costco firearms policy.

Cost Cutters.
A member here found a "No Guns" sign in a Colorado Springs location. After contacting corporate he was told that it is a company wide policy.Link to thread---> [split]Cost Cutters from Businesses against carry.

Groupon.com.
Groupon is an online company that carries offers for discounts on goods and services. They have announced that they will no longer carry ads for firearm related services.[/url]

Hooter's.
Reports are that Hooter's has gone national with their "No Firearms Allowed" policy and they are posting it on the doors of all their restaurants.

Kohl's department stores.
Kohl's policy is to deal with firearms on a case by case basis. If someone complains about your firearm you will be asked to leave. Kohl's H.R. would not give this policy in writing. For more info click here.

TCF Banks.
Carry is not allowed in their banks. You will be asked to leave if caught. Link to original post. http://www.cogunowners.com/showthread.php?tid=338&pid=9790#pid9790

The Firing Line.
The Firing Line does not allow loaded carry in their store. Sign is posted on entrance and policy was confirmed by employee. Link to post on http://www.cogunowners.com/showthread.php?tid=338&pid=8529#pid8529

Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Thumbsup
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
I often wonder if I went into one such business and requested the sign an "acceptance of Security and personal liability" how it would go over.

"I __________ Acting as an authorized representative of the company DBA_____________ Do hereby accept all personal safety responsibility and agree to full financial liabilty in the event of any personal harm to ___________. "

:D
There never was a bad man that had ability for good service.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Life never forgives weaknesses.
-Adolf Hitler
(08-12-2011, 09:16 AM)Byte Stryke Wrote: I often wonder if I went into one such business and requested the sign an "acceptance of Security and personal liability" how it would go over.

"I __________ Acting as an authorized representative of the company DBA_____________ Do hereby accept all personal safety responsibility and agree to full financial liabilty in the event of any personal harm to ___________. "

Lol that would be funny. The look on a managers face would be priceless.
When in doubt. JFC.

(08-12-2011, 10:49 AM)Beau Wrote:
(08-12-2011, 09:16 AM)Byte Stryke Wrote: I often wonder if I went into one such business and requested the sign an "acceptance of Security and personal liability" how it would go over.

Lol that would be funny. The look on a managers face would be priceless.

I'm sure the look on his face would promptly be followed by "Well, umm, I err umm, I think I need to call Corporate." Would be fun to try though.
Beau - How would you like to have businesses submitted? Do you want a PM, or just a post here? I've seen elsewhere that Tuesday Morning (all locations) are posted along with a couple other businesses that I'll have to look up.
(08-12-2011, 01:15 PM)alang Wrote: Beau - How would you like to have businesses submitted? Do you want a PM, or just a post here? I've seen elsewhere that Tuesday Morning (all locations) are posted along with a couple other businesses that I'll have to look up.

Just post in this thread with links or numbers to verify info. Of course personal experiences deserve their own thread.
When in doubt. JFC.

update to add Blu Core
When in doubt. JFC.

Well, I recently asked the nice folks at BluCore about CCW at their store/range, and had a very positive response, you might ask them. I don't want to post the response here, as it might be different depending on the attitude of the person asking them or the person behind the counter.

With Lead Junkies permission I created a page on Google+ for COGO. I also started a carry map. Here is the link. http://g.co/maps/7cv92
When in doubt. JFC.

Here's your pics of the sign at Blucore. Now that I was looking for them, these signs are only in the parking lot and on the back of the building (the one in the photo). There is not a sign on the door, nor in range of anything that said "Blucore" on it, so I couldn't get one of the sign and the storefront in the same pic. Boy was I getting some strange looks taking pictures of their store. One of the the employees came outside, stared me down for a minute, then made a phone call as I was leaving. Hope they didn't think I was casing the place.

Feel free to move, edit, delete at will.

[Image: IMG_0149.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0150.jpg]
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
-Samuel Adams
Thanks for pics. Added link in post.
When in doubt. JFC.

The map's detail for BluCore quotes an employee stating something like "We will draw down on anyone entering OC". Things would get very interesting if a police officer came in...
"If you got to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!" -Tuco Ramirez-
Interesting period. I would think they could be charged with assault with a deadly weapon for pulling a stunt like that.
When in doubt. JFC.

The thread over on OCDO has become a little heated.
When in doubt. JFC.

(01-22-2012, 09:12 PM)Fracker Wrote: The thread over on OCDO has become a little heated.
Being new around here... OCDO? Link? Looks like "Open Carry ...something ...something" -- not enough to even Google it.

On edit and after some sleuthing: Ah, OCDO appears to mean "Open Carry Discussion Forum".

Though I have no clue where within that board the discussion is that you're referring to resides.

Also not sure what the last "O" means, but I did see "OCDO" flash by while the browser was loading the forum page...

O2
(01-23-2012, 09:53 AM)O2HeN2 Wrote:
(01-22-2012, 09:12 PM)Fracker Wrote: The thread over on OCDO has become a little heated.
Being new around here... OCDO? Link? Looks like "Open Carry ...something ...something" -- not enough to even Google it.

On edit and after some sleuthing: Ah, OCDO appears to mean "Open Carry Discussion Forum".

Though I have no clue where within that board the discussion is that you're referring to resides.

Also not sure what the last "O" means, but I did see "OCDO" flash by while the browser was loading the forum page...

O2

It's in the Colorado section:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?98304-Shooting-range-Gun-store-will-not-allow-carry
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Thanks for the link! Gawd, another board to follow :)

O2
OCDO= Open Carry Dot Org. At least that is what I took it to mean. I could be wrong. No need to follow that one. We need to get all those boys over here. :)
When in doubt. JFC.

I had read on another site that someone had a problem with costco, I don't go there often, but I will be looking into it.
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS