Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review of 2017 Colorado Gun Legislation
SB17-005: Handgun Safety Training for School Employees
-Passed the Senate, killed in the House Committee on State, Veterans, and Military Affairs

SB17-006: Concealed Carry for Military Under 21
-Passed the Senate, killed in the House Committee on State, Veterans, and Military Affairs

SB17-007: Repeal Ammunition Magazine Prohibition (SENATE VERSION)

SB17-008: Legalize Gravity Knives and Switchblades
-Passed the House and Senate, signed by the Governor

SB17-116: Concealed Handgun Carry Without a Permit

HB17-1036: Concealed Carry in Public Schools
-Killed in the House Committee on State, Veterans, and Military Affairs

HB17-1037: Deadly Force Against An Intruder At A Business

HB17-1097: Repeal Ammunition Magazine Prohibition (HOUSE VERSION)

Additionally, anti-gun amendments to several unrelated bills were defeated.

There is also an active lawsuit (Rocky Mountain Gun Owners vs. Hickenlooper) against the 2013 magazine ban in Denver District Court: http://pages.rmgo.org/magbanlawsuit-d/?channel=CO20170504-1a
Quote:Killed in the House Committee on State, Veterans, and Military Affairs

Right now, I hate the House Committee on State, Veterans, and Military Affairs...
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
(05-09-2017, 08:15 AM)JackRock Wrote: Right now, I hate the House Committee on State, Veterans, and Military Affairs...

Agreed!
(05-09-2017, 08:15 AM)JackRock Wrote: Right now, I hate the House Committee on State, Veterans, and Military Affairs...

Let me guess, the committee is run by Democrats.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One of the greatest fears politicians have is seeing an angry guy with lots of guns charging down the street, because they know he’s probably on his way to commit an act of voting.

(05-15-2017, 03:08 PM)Highwayman Wrote: Let me guess, the committee is run by Democrats.

You guessed correctly.

The committee has nine members. Six D's and 3 R's (the Republican members, Humphrey, Leonard, and Williams are all very solid on gun issues).

For this committee they choose Dems from their most solid districts who are safe to vote as anti-liberty as they please with little or no repercussion come election time.

In the capitol it's known as the "kill committee".
(05-15-2017, 03:47 PM)dmurphy Wrote: You guessed correctly.

The committee has nine members. Six D's and 3 R's (the Republican members, Humphrey, Leonard, and Williams are all very solid on gun issues).

For this committee they choose Dems from their most solid districts who are safe to vote as anti-liberty as they please with little or no repercussion come election time.

In the capitol it's known as the "kill committee".

Yep, the kill committee strikes again. People get upset when they talk excitedly about pro 2A legislation and I just shrug my shoulders. No point in getting exited when everything has to pass through this committee. 
Smileak