[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your flavor?
What faith do you call your own?
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

I didn't vote because I routinely call myself an "Agnostic Jew". :-D

And in all honesty, I consider that moniker a relatively valid one.
I was raised (for the most part) in the Jewish faith until I was about 11 or 12.
My Grandfather (Mom's side) came from Russia as a child to escape the persecution of Jews at the time. So he was my main influence with that religion. However once he died I was left to make my own choices on religion.
Consequently, ever since that time I've struggled with "organized" religion in the realm of who's right and who's wrong. Not to mention the rampant corruption of each and every religion ever known to man.

To sum it up, I feel a strong connection to my ancestory (Jewdaism), yet I have philisophical issue's with any and all organized religion. But I still consider myself a very spiritual person that just doesn't have the blind faith to commit myself to any one religion.

Are ya sorry you asked now? lol wink
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
Judeaism added, Budhist deleted.
Smileak
How did I not include Jedeaism? The poll limited me to 20 options. Maybe I should have left out the last two.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

I Chose "Other"
Polytheistic -judeo christian like pagan....

don't get me started
There never was a bad man that had ability for good service.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Life never forgives weaknesses.
-Adolf Hitler
(08-14-2011, 05:10 PM)Byte Stryke Wrote: I Chose "Other"
Polytheistic -judeo christian like pagan....

don't get me started

I thought this thread was about getting you started on your beliefs? wink
You saw my minny ramble. :biggrin:
trying to simplify this a bit:

First, God is not religion.

God is sort of like a lake. as you look at it from different angles and locations it will have different shapes colors and effects.

religion is only a personal description of that lake. All descriptions will differ, but its still the same lake.

Churches exist to exploit the lake for their own means.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler
(08-14-2011, 09:14 PM)Byte Stryke Wrote: trying to simplify this a bit:

God is sort of like a lake. as you look at it from different angles and locations it will have different shapes colors and effects.

religion is only a personal description of that lake. All descriptions will differ, but its still the same lake.

I couldn't have explained my views any better. wink
I am a 7th day Adventist... I clean my guns on Saturdays and go shooting on Sundays.
Christian but hardly a practicing one. I have a hard time with most churches and hypocrisy I've seen in my family has also kept me from really buying in.
- Tim

(08-15-2011, 07:08 PM)black71label Wrote: Christian but hardly a practicing one. I have a hard time with most churches and hypocrisy I've seen in my family has also kept me from really buying in.

These pretty much say my thoughts. The hypocrisy really chaps my hide. I got fed up with going to church, hearing one thing, and finding out that there was some big scandal involving a pastor, etc - "do as I say, not as I do" doesn't really work for me.
(08-15-2011, 07:25 PM)alang Wrote:

(08-15-2011, 07:08 PM)black71label Wrote: Christian but hardly a practicing one. I have a hard time with most churches and hypocrisy I've seen in my family has also kept me from really buying in.

These pretty much say my thoughts. The hypocrisy really chaps my hide. I got fed up with going to church, hearing one thing, and finding out that there was some big scandal involving a pastor, etc - "do as I say, not as I do" doesn't really work for me.

yeah, I was baptized Roman Catholic.
went to my first Comunion at St Pius X
Graduated from our lady of the broken Knuckle

Sex before marriage is a sin
do not covet the flesh
Adultery is evil

Unless you are fucking little boys against their will

"God demands it!"

bullshit.
I can read the bible, I have a comprehension above a 4th grade level.
I will choose for myself... Thanks Monsignor

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler

That is really good Byte, I wholeheartedly agree.

Religion is a creation of man, not of God.

Apparently mine, the 3rd largest according to Wikipedia was deleted so, other it is.
(11-14-2011, 01:19 PM)stove Wrote: Apparently mine, the 3rd largest according to Wikipedia was deleted so, other it is.

please feel free to elaborate.
No Judgment here, only insight

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
I'm a currently non-practicing buddhist. Studied with a Tibetan Monk (Guru) for several years. Buddhism is more of a philosophy than a religion as their is no deity per se, but just thought it was humorous that it was not listed. Have to admit: right wing, gun loving Buddhist is an oxymoron.
(11-16-2011, 11:56 AM)stove Wrote: I'm a currently non-practicing buddhist. Studied with a Tibetan Monk (Guru) for several years. Buddhism is more of a philosophy than a religion as their is no deity per se, but just thought it was humorous that it was not listed. Have to admit: right wing, gun loving Buddhist is an oxymoron.

LOL Oxymoron indeed!!!! But it is ok, as long as you like guns!!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
-Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

"A free people.... Ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
-George Washington

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry"
-Thomas Jefferson
Smileak
I am a Christian, and I am not very fond of religion. Unfortunatly, that is just a word that descibes all people who believe in anything. I think that it is a form of "religion" to focus so much time on the environment, or sports, or politics or money! But the way I see my beliefs is this, it's not a religion but a relationship with God. He wants to be my friend, and He wants me to trust in Him fully with everything. It's all there in the bible for all to read, and hear, we just have to choose for ourselves what "god" we will worship.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
-Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

"A free people.... Ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
-George Washington

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry"
-Thomas Jefferson
Smileak

‎"Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves."-Henry David Thoreau
Christian/ Pentacostal light.