Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Gun Rights Proposals
These are 5 immediate things that Trump plans to pass right off the bat once he takes office.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/11/09/five-fast-gun-law-reforms-president-trump-will-make/

1.) Eliminate all Gun Free Zones on Military Bases
2.) Enact National Reciprocity amongst all 50 States
3.) Legalize Silencers and remove them from tve NFA Restrictions.
4.) Reform existing Background Checks and expand mental health reform and prevent mentally ill from purchasing firearms
5.) Allow the importaion of collectible historical firearms.

Sounds like a very good start.
Sig Sauer P250 .40 S&W sub-compact
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Remington 870 12 ga. pump shotgun
Uncle Mike's Sling Mounts & Hooks | 15 shell sling | 56 shell bandolier | 25 shell belt | 4 chokes | Synthetic Black
10 shot Briley Extension Tube | Plano takedown hardcase

Custom Built AR-15
Surplus Arms & Ammo AR-15 Lower | 5.56 NATO or .223 compatible |
UTG 6 pt adjustable rear stock and buffer spring | Leapers UTG 3x12x44 SWAT Accushot - EZ Tap w/ illuminated reticle |
UTG Adjustable bi-pod | UTG ring scope mounts | Blackthorne 5.56 NATO Upper w/ 20" Bull Varmint Stainless Steel Barrel |
Magpul handguards w/ Delta Ring conventional gas tube setup (no piston) | Chrome Del-ton Bolt Carrier Group | DMPS Charging Handle |
DMPS Trigger | Magpul Trigger Guard | ProMag AR-15/M4 Heavy Duty Recoil Pad | 3 point SWAT Sling and sling hooks |
Nebo Tactical Flashlight and Laser Combo | 3 magpul picatinny rail mounts | Tactical Ergonomic Pistol Grip |
TMS Sling Swivel w/ Base | (20) - 30 round magazines |

Draw
The only one that scares me is no.4
What will the legal jargon determine is a mentally I'll person
Someone who has been prescribed a Prozac or ...........?
(11-14-2016, 02:40 PM)bufordtjustice Wrote: The only one that scares me is no.4
What will the legal jargon determine is a mentally I'll person
Someone who has been prescribed a Prozac or ...........?

Check out David Kopel's article that appeared in the Howard Law Journal last year, "Reforming Mental Health Law to Protect Public Safety and He;p the Severely Mentally Ill" available here ...

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2564680

They make a good case that most of the mass shooters were folks well known to the local law enforcement officials and mental health professionals, and clearly "crazy" (e.g., the Virginia Tech shooter had been adjudicated a danger to the community by a judge), but those officials took no action to commit them or just report them to the NICS.  James Holmes comes to my mind -- treated by UC mental health officials and reported to UC police.