Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transporting firearms from colorado to utah
I've been looking on line for the specifics and all I think I've done is confuse myself. Anybody point me in the right direction to the rules of transporting some fire arms from Colorado to Utah while on driving vacation? 
(07-27-2016, 02:17 PM)mfinley919 Wrote: I've been looking on line for the specifics and all I think I've done is confuse myself. Anybody point me in the right direction to the rules of transporting some fire arms from Colorado to Utah while on driving vacation? 

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Depends on the car carry laws in Utah. 
Smileak
RV/Car Carry Without a Permit/License
Utah Code
Title 76 Utah Criminal Code
Chapter 10 Offenses Against Public Health, Safety, Welfare, and Morals
Section 505 Carrying loaded firearm in vehicle or on street.
76-10-505. Carrying Loaded Firearm in Vehicle or on Street.
(1) Unless otherwise authorized by law, a person may not carry a loaded firearm:
(a) in or on a vehicle, unless:
(i) the vehicle is in the person's lawful possession; or
http://www.handgunlaw.us 10
(ii) the person is carrying the loaded firearm in a vehicle with the consent of the person lawfully in
possession of the vehicle;
(b) on a public street; or
© in a posted prohibited area.
(2) Subsection (1)(a) does not apply to a minor under 18 years of age, since a minor under 18 years of age
may not carry a loaded firearm in or on a vehicle.
(3) Notwithstanding Subsection (1)(a)(i) and (ii), a person may not possess a loaded rifle, shotgun, or
muzzle-loading rifle in a vehicle.
(4) A violation of this section is a class B misdemeanor. Amended by Chapter 362, 2009 General Session
76-10-511. Possession of Loaded Firearm At Residence or on Real Property Authorized.
Except for persons described in Section 76-10-503 and 18 U.S.C. Sec. 922(g) and as otherwise prescribed
in this part, a person may have a loaded firearm:
(1) at the person's place of residence, including any temporary residence or camp; or
(2) on the person's real property. Amended by Chapter 362, 2009 General Session
Note: This new law now allows any person of legal age to possess a handgun, whether loaded or unloaded,
or an unloaded long gun, in or on a vehicle if the:
 vehicle is in the lawful possession of the person carrying the gun; or
 vehicle’s lawful possessor consents to the gun possession.
Smileak