Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIG P320/P250 Full Size 9mm 15 round magazine?
Question 
I'm going to be moving from FL to CO later this year and need to ensure my Sig P320 9mm magazines meet state regulation. The issue that I am encountering is that I can't find any 15 round magazines, nor can I find magazine blocks that limit the 17 round magazine to 15 rounds, only ones that limit the capacity to 10 rounds. The site seemed to offer a custom block ($50 minimum purchase), but apparently this has been discontinued.

Does anyone have any other resources where I could find a 15 round limiter? I understand that I could obviously limit my capacities to 10 rounds, or buy different magazines, however this is a large drop below what is allowed in state.

Thoughts on a DIY solution, if no resources are available?

Thank you for all of your help!
I'm not really finding a solution that's commercial available. I suppose you could get something like this, and just cut down the spur at the top of the limiter.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
Keep in mind if you owned the magazines prior to July 1, 2013 you aren't in violation.
What he said ^, plus...

Note that ANY magazine block that can be removed will run afoul of the law as being "readily converted" to over 15 rounds:

18-12-301 (2) (a) "Large-capacity magazine" means:

(I) A fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip, or similar device capable of accepting, or that is designed to be readily converted to accept, more than fifteen rounds of ammunition;

At least I feel safer that the murders and rapists have limited magazine capacity now...

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
You could drill a hole and pin the mag to 15rds with a pop rivet

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk
(04-15-2016, 07:59 AM)mfinley919 Wrote: Keep in mind if you owned the magazines prior to July 1, 2013 you aren't in violation.

(04-15-2016, 09:45 AM)O2HeN2 Wrote: What he said ^, plus...

If he has a Sig P250, then that's a plausible situation. However, if the pistol is a Sig P320, then the plausibility goes right out the window, since its earliest introduction was 2014.

The note about being removable is a good point, though. I think the "permanent" mag blocks usually involved pining the mag body with a small rivet. I'm not sure of the specifics.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center