Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Long Does a CO Concealed Handgun Permit Take?
I applied for my Concealed Handgun Permit in Fremont County last Thursday. I know it can take up to 90 days and varies by county. I wondered if anyone has recently received theirs and would be willing to share how long it took.

Thanks,

Darkwolf.
Took just over 60 days in JeffCo for me, 45 days in Adams for my sister. I applied right around Christmas...

Hope this helps (was looking for similar info before mine arrived).

Will
(03-26-2016, 06:07 PM)WillCO Wrote: Took just over 60 days in JeffCo for me, 45 days in Adams for my sister. I applied right around Christmas...

Hope this helps (was looking for similar info before mine arrived).

Will

Thanks for the info. I was surprised I was the only one applying for a permit when I turned up, at the class I was told that there are long lines in some counties and many switched to appointment rather than walk in. Dunno if that's because I was there right at 8am when the Sheriff's Dept opened for the public.
Mine took three weeks in JeffCo, as did my wife's. I have a couple of friends in Adams County who has similar times - but they're both deputies, so that's a skewed timeline.

I do have a friend applying in Denver County this month, so I've yet to hear the result there. But some other stories indicate that the CoP there tends to wait the maximum time (90 days) no matter the CBI result.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
About 3 weeks or so in Jeffco as I recall, but it's been awhile
Thanks all you guys for responding. Mine may take longer than the norm, because I've moved around a lot. I was surprised to hear from the officer doing the CHP permits that they call the individual police depts for every address on the form as well as doing the NICS check and the CBI check. That's a level of thorough I wasn't expecting, though I guess it means some effort is actually put into the process we pay so much for in CO compared to other states.