Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets see em!
Here's a quick video (click on the pic to start the vid) I made of my gun room/safe room/reloading room/gunsmithing room last year. It was a mess at the time due to some minor/major gunsmithing I was working on at the time. Along with recently getting somewhat heavy into reloadfing.
I've since added a couple of MEC press's to the room along with about 12 more guns and who knows how much more ammo.

[Image: th_DSCF1622.jpg]
Very cool man! Wanting to figure out where to setup a station of my own. Hopefully sometime in the near future I'll be cranking out my own. Thinking my basement is my best place, though leery about it being a little more cool/damp down there.
Thanks, it's my little slice of man cave heaven away from lifes every day headaches.
If you live in Colorado I wouldn't worry too much about humidity in your basement. ;-)
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
Where ya been Ape?
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Hey Beau!Long story......... Short version is that I've been busy as heck working a short term job down in the springs with my best friend for the last 3 and a half months. But that ended last Friday, so now I have some puter time back to catch up on the world around me as well as look for a real job again.

How's things around here been?
really nice cave.
Sadly I get no cave as we are in an apartment.
trying to find a decent armoire to use as a reloading closet of sorts
then I need to get a press...
and a case trimmer
and a scale...
Bullets,
Powder

my only saving grace is, I do have 1500+ .45ACP Large primer and about 1100 .223/5.56 cases tumbled and a about 1K Large pistol primers
There never was a bad man that had ability for good service.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Life never forgives weaknesses.
-Adolf Hitler
i havent gotten into reloading yet
Nice cave Ape. Right now I've a desk in the corner of the basement with a Hornady LNL single stage and LNL Progressive mounted to it. Nothing to brag about, but it's a start. I'm hoping to add some cabinets sometime in the near future to be able to clear up some table top area and get the clutter out of the way. I'll see if I can get a couple pics up soon.
It is kind of funny that this is one of the times that the guys are "spending money to save money". I'm not sure how long I will have to reload to make up for the initial expense of the equipment, but I also look at the equipment as something that should hold most of its value if I decide to get out of reloading sometime down the road. The biggest problem I have with reloading is that I'll go down to reload a few rounds, and then three hours later I walk back up with a few hundred rounds - it can get addictive.
So I finally found an Armoire I deem suitable for my needs as a "reloading Cabinet"

Something I can lock up to keep little fingers out of

[Image: 100_0157.jpg]

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler
That looks like it should work out pretty well and being in the house, it gives you more reason to keep it clean. I've seen pictures of reloading benches that I wouldn't rebuild a transmission on let alone accurately reload ammunition.
- Tim
(08-16-2011, 08:40 PM)black71label Wrote: That looks like it should work out pretty well and being in the house, it gives you more reason to keep it clean. I've seen pictures of reloading benches that I wouldn't rebuild a transmission on let alone accurately reload ammunition.

I have no option... being terminally unemployed I am resigned to a 2 br apartment...

my skill set is over-saturated at 22% and its expected to rise to 30% before the end of the year

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
That armoire looks like it should do the trick. Outside of keeping Little Byte's fingers out of your reloading stuff, you can keep your stuff out of sight if you have to answer the door as well.
Looks like a good working solution to limited space byte! ThumbsUp
You don't have to have a lot of space to reload, just needs to be solid and organized to avoid any accidents.
I love that room Ape. Do you have my cot set up yet?wink

I will be building my gunroom this winter when i get the time. I will post some pics of my bench later.
let us know if you need help.
I have been known to be handy with a saw and Screwdriver

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
(08-18-2011, 05:20 PM)Bentley Wrote: I love that room Ape. Do you have my cot set up yet?wink

I will be building my gunroom this winter when i get the time. I will post some pics of my bench later.

Thanks! Me too! I call it my secondary man cave. The wife just calls it my second mistress! lol
Cost for securing it better than the average bedroom? Or cost for all the toys, ammo, reloading equipment, etc...etc....?

Either way I couldn't tell you. Dunno
I've never sat down and figured it all out. And I don't know that I'd want to. Might scare me! lol
I can tell you though that almost all of my reloading equipment was bought used. I think lots of guys want to reload and then find it too much of a hassle or too time consuming. So theres always deals out there to be had on that stuff. wink

(08-18-2011, 10:01 PM)Ape Wrote: I can tell you though that almost all of my reloading equipment was bought used. I think lots of guys want to reload and then find it too much of a hassle or too time consuming. So theres always deals out there to be had on that stuff. wink

I keep watching craigslist...

last "deal I Saw was an RCBS Single stage with .500 S&W dies
$150

Rusted to the point it would never again work.

the guy tells me "well its because there's a piece missing..."
Bs

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

-Adolf Hitler
(08-18-2011, 10:01 PM)Ape Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 05:20 PM)Bentley Wrote: I love that room Ape. Do you have my cot set up yet?wink

Thanks! Me too! I call it my secondary man cave. The wife just calls it my second mistress! lol
Cost for securing it better than the average bedroom? Or cost for all the toys, ammo, reloading equipment, etc...etc....?

Either way I couldn't tell you. Dunno
I've never sat down and figured it all out. And I don't know that I'd want to. Might scare me! lol
I can tell you though that almost all of my reloading equipment was bought used. I think lots of guys want to reload and then find it too much of a hassle or too time consuming. So theres always deals out there to be had on that stuff. wink

Haha. No, my COT. As in, a place for me to sleep in that awesome room! Alcoholic

(08-18-2011, 09:34 PM)Byte Stryke Wrote: let us know if you need help.
I have been known to be handy with a saw and Screwdriver

Yaybounce Bacondance

Sweet.