Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd background denial
So I had something very strange happen to me this week. I have been looking to make a three firearm purchase. I wanted to buy a Wyndham Weaponry SRC AR-15 .223/5.56, and a Walther PPQ 9mm for myself. Then a Ruger LC9s purple for my wife. On Monday I bought the AR rifle (in my name) and the Ruger (in my wife's name, as to not infringe upon the firearm transfer laws) from cabela's with no problems what so ever. Cabela's did not have the Walther in stock (even though their computer said they did). This wasn't a problem for me though. I knew of another shop that had the handgun in stock, in the FDE finish I truly wanted. The next day I went to the other shop to purchase the awesome piece of equipment and was denied on my background check! I filled the appeal paperwork and put the weapon on lay away in the hopes that this was just a fluke. Has anyone heard of this happening before? Or have any explanation/advice for me?

Even the gun shop manager was confused and said he had never experienced anything like this before...... Dunno
Nope, and I hope you don't run afoul of this:

No Way Out: Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals

But you might... :(

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
I saw the thread on OCDO, but didn't see if the LGS told you if there was a reason behind the denial (I've never been in that position, so I don't know what info is furnished).
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
(03-16-2016, 11:04 AM)JackRock Wrote: I saw the thread on OCDO, but didn't see if the LGS told you if there was a reason behind the denial (I've never been in that position, so I don't know what info is furnished).

The LGS told me that he couldn't give me a reason.
Then I got nothing for ya. I would say to try the appeals process, but you may run into problems as noted earlier in this thread.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
Had a friend get denied while buying a High point ( I told him it was for the best), the way he understood it is they have a set time period to investigate before they have to tell you why you were denied.
I don't remember if he said 30 or 60 days.