Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Officer Laws
Hey guys, long time no post. I have a question about the Security Guard laws in CO. I've tried searching on my own but all the info I'm coming across is either for Denver specifically or from before 2011. I am not interested in info on Merchant Guard licensing through Denver. I am down in Trinidad and as far as I can tell, the state turned all licensing/non-licensing over to municipalities and localities? I've done the research, made the calls etc etc here in Trinidad and Las Animas County. As far as the clerks for the city and county as well as the County Sheriff and myself can tell there are no regulations in my county or town. However, i want to be as sure as possible before I go running around in full kit. I tried searching the CRS with a bunch of different terms but couldnt come up with anything. Anyone here have any info on actual state laws and what is required to do private security? Appreciate the help, thanks in advance everyone.
I have heard of none that are state-specific, so many of them (if they exist) are local codes. I searched a while back in the CRS for a similar question on Opencarry.org, and found nothing of significance.

Do you plan to work for an agency, firm or a company protecting a physical location, or are you looking into personnel security (a.k.a. bodyguard)?
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
Both. Plan to do private contract work, mobile/cash trans/exec prot/etc, until I start my own company. From my research the only thing I need here in Las Animas is a regular business license if and when I start an actual company.

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk
I'm thinking a business and/or insurance lawyer might be the best place to begin your search.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
Yea, I'm going to retain a lawyer when the time comes. Just trying to get the basics down that can before that so I'm not paying for time on information that I could have found myself.

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk