Marco Rubio
Donald Trump
Jim Gilmore
John Kasich
Rick Santorum
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your choice for our next president?
So who gets your vote?
Poll is private.
Smileak
I was originally for Scott Walker, then after he dropped out it's Ted Cruz. I want a strong fiscal conservative who pledges to reduce the size of government.
I was the first vote so I guess it's obvious I think Carson is the best among the candidates. Cruz would be okay. Don't know enough about Rubio. Trump would be a disaster.

The only thing Republican about trump is the R after his name. The man would be worse than Obama.
Smileak
Indeed, if it's Trump versus Clinton, then the choices are "Oh, shit!" and "Hell, no!"
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
"Too bad all the people who no how to run this country are driving taxi cabs and cutting hair"

George Burns
My first choice is Cruz. I think he's a real conservative. I am not a Trump fan. Don't trust him, don't think he would be a good president. If he's the nominee, I will hold my nose and pull the lever. Another democrat in the White House could set back gun rights 50 years. Heller and McDonald were 5-4 decisions. If Hillary/Bernie appoints any Supreme Court judges, they will be virulently anti-gun. Not to mention, Bernie/Hillary will continue stacking the lower courts with liberals. Trump has been saying all the right things on guns this campaign. Look up his position paper. Is that a guarantee? Hell no. But Hillary is running on gun control. Do you think she'll flip on that?
Did you exchange
A walk-on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?
-Pink Floyd...or was it Benjamin Franklin?
Didn't hear a single one mention making government smaller or lowering taxes last night. Not a true conservative in the bunch.
I've heard people say that they don't like Trump but that they would vote Trump if he is the nominee. I do not understand that position. If you feel that you have to vote for the lesser of two evils then you should vote Hillary or Sanders. At least with them we know what we are getting.
Smileak
(02-14-2016, 11:22 AM)DenverPilot Wrote: Didn't hear a single one mention making government smaller or lowering taxes last night. Not a true conservative in the bunch.

Cruz addresses shrinking government in his positions on his website in detail. Doesn't mean any of it would actually happen of course. Not going to be an easy thing to simply make the IRS go away.
(02-24-2016, 05:15 PM)mfinley919 Wrote: Cruz addresses shrinking government in his positions on his website in detail. Doesn't mean any of it would actually happen of course. Not going to be an easy thing to simply make the IRS go away.

It's not really the IRS that's the problem. It's the spending.

I made a real bet with a Tea Party, turned Republican, turned RINO county commissioner last year that if he and his Republican-majority commission could show where they lowered the county budget and decreased the size of government, which they all give lip service to... I would send each of their campaigns a check for my pro-rata share of whatever they saved me in taxes.

Note: My county hasn't had a democratic majority in 50 years.

Taxes went up. And they replied to the email saying it was "insulting" when I said they weren't fiscal conservatives.

This plays out just at a much much larger scale at all of the higher levels of government today. Not a single real fiscal conservative left in the debates nor will one be nominated.

They're all gonna spend like Democrats. In fact, in my lifetime there hasn't been a difference between the two Parties in this regard. They're one and and the same. Deficit spending.

They'll say it's "better spending" because they bought different stuff on our national credit card.

Trillions more on the credit card by the end of the next Presidency, I'll say it now and it'll be true no matter who wins or who controls Congress. Haven't been wrong in that prediction yet.

The clown show of leaving Trumps mic on when it's not his turn to speak is getting old. I guess it garners ratings. We haven't actually seen a "debate" yet if you count only time people aren't sniping at each other.

Probably for the best though. Easier to see its just a schtick he repeats over and over with no substance or character behind his empty words. Not that his competition is showing much better.

I think at this point I'd vote for whichever one of them had the cojones to simply walk off the stage when he starts his narcissistic self-love prattle and says they'll be back when the moderator gets control of their debate and there's actually a debate happening on the stage.
I think the entire field of candidates is an utter joke and a slap in the face (once again) to Americans who want actual choice in this country. I guess with everything coming up Trump and Clinton I'd say if I were selecting between those two I'll vote Trump and start digging my foxhole. Still I don't believe that the red/blue paradigm in toe with the mainstream media establishment offers any value to this country. If anything it's a mechanism ensuring limitation of our voice as people by necessitating peers in high finance for public consideration for office. Something which has been destroying this country for too long unopposed.
Wow, just a few months ago it seemed like we had a great selection of candidates, most of which would be a great choice no matter who ended up getting the nod. Now it's like there are 3 idiots, these last two debates have been an embarrassment, with Rubio and Cruz jumping into Trumps pig pen and slinging mud at each other. He's managed to drag the entire process into the mud and make a joke of it all. Hillary must be dancing a jig. Then we have Romney coming out against Trump, calling him a con artist a fraud... I'm no fan of Trump but if he gets the nomination as he likely will because neither Cruz nor Rubio have been able to show themselves as viable alternatives, Hillary is going to have a field day with that footage of Romney bashing Trump. She will be running commercials saying even the most influential Republican doesn't want you to vote for Trump!

Rubio nor Cruz realize that they don't need to lower themselves to Trump's level to beat him, they need to elevate the playing field above him and give voters a reason to choose them, it doesn't have to be about not choosing Trump, it can be about choosing the better man.
I thought a "Clinton vs Bush" again was going to be the worst case scenario. I really should know better that things can always get worse.
Now that the race has devolved to Trump, Cruz and Hillary, people are starting to look at Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate (not even listed in the candidates above).  This interview references a poll where he is now in double digits.

https://pjmedia.com/video/meet-the-candidate-hilary-and-donald-are-afraid-to-debate/
I see the NRA blessed Trump. We live in interesting times. I hope we survive them.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One of the greatest fears politicians have is seeing an angry guy with lots of guns charging down the street, because they know he’s probably on his way to commit an act of voting.

(05-22-2016, 05:41 AM)Highwayman Wrote: I see the NRA blessed Trump. We live in interesting times. I hope we survive them.

Not gonna happen. Interesting times indeed. 
Smileak