Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S&W BodyGuard 380 InSight Laser Replacement
Searched and didn't see any threads related to S&W Bodyguard 380.

Quick background - I bought the original S&W BodyGuard 380 that came with the InSight laser. Worse laser ever! Buttons feel like junk, laser works like crap. That's what happens when you by the first gen of anything right? Ok, whatever I accept it. I recently saw a post on another forum that I belong to that other people have been able to "upgrade" from the InSight laser to the CrimsonTrace laser by contacting S&W, which in IMHO is a MUCH better laser.

Doesn't hurt to try, so I contacted S&W via their Customer Contact support page.

http://sales.liveperson.net/hc/s-90007204/web/ticketpub/msgcontroller.jsp

(Sorry if I'm not suppose to post direct links. Please let me know.)

Completed their form and received a response within a 2 hours.

To my surprise, the reply I got confirmed what people were reporting on the other forum!  Bacondance

Subject: BG380 Insight Laser Issues
Dear Customer,
Please send us your defective laser unit with a note stating the reason for return, and also include your serial number, name, address, and phone number. We can enter an order for a replacement once we receive yours. Your phone number will be the order number.
Smith & Wesson Attn: Roz
2100 Roosevelt Ave
Springfield, MA 01104
You must live in the US for us to be able to process your request for return/exchange.
We are currently replacing the Insight Technologies lasers with the new Crimson Trace lasers for the Bodyguard pistols and revolvers. You can still use your pistol without the laser unit attached.
Smith&Wesson values its customers and we are happy to have served you today. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.
Regards, Ashley

So, looks like all I have to do now is take out the laser and send it back and I can get a newer laser that works the way it's suppose to work.

I hope this information is helpful for anyone of you have the original BodyGuard 380 with the crappy InSight laser. Can't change the fact it still says InSight on the frame, but who cares? It's what's inside and works that matters!!

I'll post updates as things move along.
I am JackRock, and I approve of this exchange.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center