Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary's Gun Control Proposals
I’m sure everyone has seen the proposals by Hillary Clinton regarding gun control.  As I understand them, they involve mandatory background checks for all gun sales and elimination of legal liability protections for gun makers and sellers if one of their firearms is used in an illegal act.  I suspect that the Pause for Safety Act will start to move forward with Ds threatening to shut down the giverment unless gun control legislation moves forward.  In my opinion, our ineffectual Rs in Congress, not wanting to be blamed for a shutdown in a Presidential election year, will be unlikely to go to the mat to protect gun rights.  (so much for their oath to defend the Constitution)

Since Republicans would rather trash another Republican in a primary fight than actually win a general election, there is a strong likelihood that Hillary will be elected by default and voter disgust with the Republican field and we are looking at our next President’s gun policies.  As a lame duck President, Obama has nothing to lose by pushing through anti-gun Executive actions and administrative agency actions (like the VA and Social Security or the Forest Service proposals to limit guns within their administrative purview).

If we eliminate liability protection for gun sellers, how about making drug manufacturers’ liability for crime committed by those taking psychotropic drugs, or psychiatrists/psychologists who treat the mentally ill and learn that their patients are dangerous, or eliminating sovereign immunity for law enforcement when a dangerous person is reported to them and they fail to take action?  In Colorado, James Holmes was taking psychotropic drugs, being treated by a University of Colorado psychiatrist who reported him as dangerous to law enforcement (and did not commit him in spite of the fact that he dyed his hair red and dressed like the Joker), yet, as we all know, lax gun laws and the law abiding gun owners are at fault for mass shootings.
Not gonna happen, it's 2013 all over again and the results are going to be the same, it didn't work then and it won't work now. God bless the NRA.
(10-05-2015, 08:37 PM)MarkS Wrote:   ....In Colorado, James Holmes was taking psychotropic drugs, being treated by a University of Colorado psychiatrist who reported him as dangerous to law enforcement (and did not commit him in spite of the fact that he dyed his hair red and dressed like the Joker), yet, as we all know, lax gun laws and the law abiding gun owners are at fault for mass shootings.

She reported him to campus security. The real police were not notified.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One of the greatest fears politicians have is seeing an angry guy with lots of guns charging down the street, because they know he’s probably on his way to commit an act of voting.

According to the trial, the whole joker thing is an urban legend