Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official M16/AR15 Picture Thread
Please post pictures of your M16/AR15 in this thread. Feel free to give us a running total of your custom builds and/or upgrades to factory built rifles.

Let's see those rifles!
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”
(02-09-2010, 01:53 AM)TheRedKnight Wrote: Please post pictures of your M16/AR15 in this thread. Feel free to give us a running total of your custom builds and/or upgrades to factory built rifles.

Let's see those rifles!

Oh darn, mines a Mini 14...:rolleyesedit:
John B:

You could always start a Mini-14/Mini-30 thread. ;)

I know I'd love to check out your set up.
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”
Guess I will be the first one! This is the one I bought to use on coyotes. Just got it in FEB of this year so I haven't had much time to add anything to it but so far my only plans are is for a new pistol grip. I will be putting one together here shortly in a .308 maybe just don't know if I should since I have no need for .308???? Sorry for the crappy pics they were from my BlackberryBat

DPMS sweet 16
[Image: DPMS.jpg]
(03-07-2010, 03:08 PM)dmpowder Wrote: will be putting one together here shortly in a .308 maybe just don't know if I should since I have no need for .308????

I have a DPMS .308, in the M4 short barrel flattop style. I love it! I don't have a pic but maybe I'll get one. I prefer the power and accuracy of the .308 over the .223, but I can tell you it's much, much more expensive for magazine full of .308 rounds. I'm thinking of getting a .223 version just so I can shoot more. Either that or an AK, don't have one of those yet.
Here's my M4 the first night i got it, stock.

[Image: 088.jpg]

Here it is after i put a scope on it. The scope is massive, but i got too good a deal to pass up. It hasn't been an issue so far, but if it gets uncomfortable, ill probably downgrade.

Its a sucky camera phone pic, and its laying next to some other toys.

[Image: IMG_0155.jpg]
[Image: AR.jpg]

Current look... I added the picatinny rails to the foregrip and above the chamber. So the scope (Barska 3-9x40) and telescoping bi-pod are the only current upgrades at the moment. Looking to upgrade the buffer soon, so I can get rid of that "twang".
Oh the twang, how annoying thou art.

The first time I shot an AR I thought it was about to break because of the "twang"
Smileak
(01-13-2011, 02:25 PM)Cake Wrote: Oh the twang, how annoying thou art.

The first time I shot an AR I thought it was about to break because of the "twang"

Yeah it's the stock buffer spring. It doesn't do it all the time, but enough to make me want to fix the issue. Once the funds are available of course.
My sights are still on order, but I just finished this build yesterday.
[Image: IMG_20110211_180714-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20110211_180658-1.jpg]
CMMG WASP 1:9 16" upper
Daniel Defense OmegaX 9.0
Low profile gas block
Magpul MOE grip
Magpul MOE stock kit
Tactical Innovations lower
CMMG LPK

I have Daniel Defense fixed BUIS and an Aimpoint Comp M2 on order.
Sweetness lawrra. Good job.
Smileak
I don't have a good pic of mine. It's a standard A2-style ArmaLite M15.

My son enjoys it:
[Image: Ben-AR.jpg]
...I'm so proud!

The gas key screws came loose last time we shot it, so I replaced the gas key and its screws, and re-staked them:
[Image: AR_Key.jpg]

I need to take it out and test it!

BTW, about the Twang: that's how you know it's working! If you don't hear the Twang, either something's wrong, or the mag is empty.
(02-28-2011, 10:33 PM)aer0usa Wrote: The gas key screws came loose last time we shot it, so I replaced the gas key and its screws, and re-staked them:

I put thread lock on mine. Had the issue of them as well. Made the gun become "bolt" action instead of semi-auto when they would come loose.

(03-03-2011, 09:33 AM)AmpleSound Wrote:
(02-28-2011, 10:33 PM)aer0usa Wrote: The gas key screws came loose last time we shot it, so I replaced the gas key and its screws, and re-staked them:

I put thread lock on mine. Had the issue of them as well. Made the gun become "bolt" action instead of semi-auto when they would come loose.

I put red threadlocker on mine too. My gun had some FTF trouble that I think was due to short-stroking. I had no idea the gas key screws might be loose until I found the single horizontal stake on one screw wasn't lined up, and I could turn the screw with my fingertip!

I also think the mag catch wasn't adjusted correctly. Also wouldn't lock open after the last round.

Now that I've replaced/restaked the gas key and adjusted the mag catch, I'm jonesing to go shoot my hopefully-perfect rifle!

Armalite's Tech Notes page contains a wealth of info for AR shooters!
One week old today.
Bushmaster A3 M4 M.O.E. 5.56
Bought this last Sunday, took it to the range yesterday. After breaking in the barrel, I ran over 200 rounds through it with no problems what so ever. Very accurate. Vortex Stike Fire Red Dot System scope.
Love this weapon!![Image: 001.JPG]
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy
That is pretty sweet Springfielder. May ask how much it set you back?
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

With scope, about $1225 out the door.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy
Looks nice Spring! Thumbsup

I don't have an actual AR yet. Just my SU16 (Kel Tec) that's set up like an AR.
But I was just telling the wife today that I need to build an AR with a piston system.

[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
(04-03-2011, 10:22 PM)Ape Wrote: Looks nice Spring! Thumbsup

But I was just telling the wife today that I need to build an AR with a piston system.

I plan on starting a build this summer provided I get this job I'm after.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(04-04-2011, 09:05 AM)Beau Wrote:
(04-03-2011, 10:22 PM)Ape Wrote: Looks nice Spring! Thumbsup

I plan on starting a build this summer provided I get this job I'm after.

Well then maybe we'll be building one at the same time then! Thumbsup
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]