Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glissading down Angel of Shavano Couloir
GoPro Video of me glissading down the Angel of Shavano couloir on Mt. Shavano - 06/14/2015.  Soooooooo much fun!   Went from 13,200 feet to 12,000 feet in just a few minutes.  At one point (around 3:12 I think, I was cooking pretty good down that mountain...a little too fast and it had me worried for a second lol, but I got slowed down just enough). 
Maybe you can answer this... I've seen a bizarre visual effect (probably unintentional) on some youtube videos and I saw a little bit of it here right before 2:00. It looks like the entire scene ripples, as if it were a movie taken of a movie being projected on a screen that is rippling in a slight breeze. Do you know what causes this?
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(06-16-2015, 07:46 AM)308 Fan Wrote: Maybe you can answer this... I've seen a bizarre visual effect (probably unintentional) on some youtube videos and I saw a little bit of it here right before 2:00. It looks like the entire scene ripples, as if it were a movie taken of a movie being projected on a screen that is rippling in a slight breeze. Do you know what causes this?
no idea
(06-16-2015, 07:46 AM)308 Fan Wrote: Maybe you can answer this... I've seen a bizarre visual effect (probably unintentional) on some youtube videos and I saw a little bit of it here right before 2:00.  It looks like the entire scene ripples, as if it were a movie taken of a movie being projected on a screen that is rippling in a slight breeze.  Do you know what causes this?

That's typically caused by in-camera (computational) image stabilization versus in-lens (mechanical) stabilization.

My 1000-foot view of the issue is that it depends very much on how much horsepower the in-camera processor has. The problem is that the entire image isn't stabilized as a unit, so things get smoothed out from one side of the frame to the other, and by the time it gets to the "other side" of the frame, things aren't quite in the same place as when it started.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.