Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranges with 100 yard lanes?
What if any, ranges near Denver, (preferably north) have at least 100 yard lanes? 
I just got an AR and want to try and site it in  Thumbsup
The only one I know of for certain is the Cherry Creek range, but I think I heard a rumor that the new 5280 range might have longer lanes.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
(06-06-2015, 07:00 PM)JackRock Wrote: The only one I know of for certain is the Cherry Creek range, but I think I heard a rumor that the new 5280 range might have longer lanes.

thanks,, I just called 5280, they have 25 yards and 2 50 yards lanes
(06-06-2015, 07:04 PM)Ric Wrote: thanks,, I just called 5280, they have 25 yards and 2 50 yards lanes
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't have direct info, since I've had no need to use them (yet). Bristlecone had good ranges, and I only own the handguns for now.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
Blucore has a 100 yd indoor range.
(06-07-2015, 05:58 AM)Rocky Wrote: Blucore has a 100 yd indoor range.

oh yea, forgot about them, are they out southwest ? Ill check them out. 
They're on Jewell, a block west of Wadsworth.
Bluecore also has an issue with you wearing your firearm into their shop, I seem to recall.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(06-07-2015, 11:20 AM)308 Fan Wrote: Bluecore also has an issue with you wearing your firearm into their shop, I seem to recall.

They do not permit open carry at all. But the last time I was there (about a year and a half ago), the sign specifically allowed legal concealed carry into the shop. Everything else must be cased.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
(06-07-2015, 06:20 PM)JackRock Wrote: They do not permit open carry at all. But the last time I was there (about a year and a half ago), the sign specifically allowed legal concealed carry into the shop. Everything else must be cased.

That sort of rule has never made sense to me.  It's like they're codifying "out of sight, out of mind" into their rules.

If I were the sort to be worried about guns, I'd be far more scared of the (hypothetical) guns I can't see, than of the ones I can see.

But this is a gun range, presumably not infested with hoplophobes, and any prohibition against a properly holstered gun is just...odd.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(06-07-2015, 07:35 PM)308 Fan Wrote: That sort of rule has never made sense to me.  It's like they're codifying "out of sight, out of mind" into their rules.

If I were the sort to be worried about guns, I'd be far more scared of the (hypothetical) guns I can't see, than of the ones I can see.

But this is a gun range, presumably not infested with hoplophobes, and any prohibition against a properly holstered gun is just...odd.

Agreed. And I was unable to make that point to Bristlecone's owners, as well. The only range in my area that I know allows OC is The Shootist, which is further away, more expensive, and dirtier than Bristlecone. So I figured if that's my only complaint about Bristlecone, it's still worth me going there.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
Whistling Pines in the 'springs allows open carry. Their rule is simple (I wish other clubs would get with the program):

• Firearms may be handled ONLY when on the firing line, muzzles pointed downrange (or with permission at the retail or gunsmith counters).  Firearms must be cased or holstered while entering/exiting the club or not on the firing line.

I mean, that's all you really need, right? "Only handle firearms on the range".

No muss, no fuss, no anti-gun sentiment.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
(06-07-2015, 07:39 PM)JackRock Wrote: Agreed. And I was unable to make that point to Bristlecone's owners, as well. The only range in my area that I know allows OC is The Shootist, which is further away, more expensive, and dirtier than Bristlecone. So I figured if that's my only complaint about Bristlecone, it's still worth me going there.

I asked one of the range guys at Bristlecone about their sign and he said OC was ok. 

After an employee at BluCore threatened to shoot someone for OC I decided to never go there. To each their own.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(06-08-2015, 12:36 PM)Beau Wrote: I asked one of the range guys at Bristlecone about their sign and he said OC was ok. 

After an employee at BluCore threatened to shoot someone for OC I decided to never go there. To each their own.
Who'd you ask? I was speaking with the owner multiple times before they opened. I'd love it if they started allowing OC.

Jackrock
Posted with Tapatalk, spelling included
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
I asked RW about it.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(06-08-2015, 09:28 AM)O2HeN2 Wrote: Whistling Pines in the 'springs allows open carry. Their rule is simple (I wish other clubs would get with the program):

• Firearms may be handled ONLY when on the firing line, muzzles pointed downrange (or with permission at the retail or gunsmith counters).  Firearms must be cased or holstered while entering/exiting the club or not on the firing line.

I mean, that's all you really need, right? "Only handle firearms on the range".

No muss, no fuss, no anti-gun sentiment.

O2

I was tempted to cite them as an example of how it's properly done  Thumbsup ...BUT, WPGC not in the Denver Metro area, and it would just be rubbing it in that they don't live in the best part of the state. wink

Biggun
(06-08-2015, 06:43 PM)Beau Wrote: I asked RW about it.

Very interesting. He was the one arguing with me, saying that Lakewood is not an OC municipality (which we know is incorrect). Perhaps he was shown the error of his ways? I'll talk with Bryan and confirm this. 

[/threadjack]
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
Lakewood is ABSOLUTELY an open carry muni.
Men are only anti-gun until the first time they fail to defend their families
The Patriot Act was the most unpatriotic act our Congress has ever enacted. ABOLISH THE FED.
Just throwing it into the mix...

People have their own reasons for liking or disliking Centennial, but they're not against OC either.

I believe the joke from one of the guys there was "Leave it in the holster and we'll be fine. Pull it out of the holster, and we have a problem."

Which is, as others have pointed out, "as it should be."

Never had any problems there or as someone else mentioned, at the Shootist.

Don't really make the rounds much between many ranges these days, have just been too busy. So haven't run into any 'tards saying stupid thinks like Beau says he has at BluCore.

I would have had some strong but calm words for anyone who ever threatened to shoot me beyond a joke like the "don't pull it out of the holster" one. And I'd have probably had some words of concern about their inappropriate attitude for their manager too.