Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling pin matches at Bristlecone shooting center
So I should tell y'all how it went!

I entered both the early and late match. First match I was knocked out before the quarter final, which gave me enough time to get some dinner from the nearby Wahoos before the second match. Been awhile since I've competed, and my old bugaboo match nerves really showed up during the first match which contributed to my early loss.

Far calmer for the later match, I won!

It's been years since I shot bowling pins and I had a lot of fun. My only complaint is that the tables aren't very stable and bounce a lot, sometimes causing other pins to fall that haven't been hit. I'm pretty competitive when I'm in a competitive mood, and having a large percentage of randomness contributing to your outcome annoys me, so I wasn't happy with the bouncing tables. :(

Nevertheless, winning has a tendency to cut down on the annoyance :)

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
(05-14-2015, 02:03 PM)O2HeN2 Wrote:  So I should tell y'all how it went!

I entered both the early and late match. First match I was knocked out before the quarter final, which gave me enough time to get some dinner from the nearby Wahoos before the second match. Been awhile since I've competed, and my old bugaboo match nerves really showed up during the first match which contributed to my early loss.

Far calmer for the later match, I won!

It's been years since I shot bowling pins and I had a lot of fun. My only complaint is that the tables aren't very stable and bounce a lot, sometimes causing other pins to fall that haven't been hit. I'm pretty competitive when I'm in a competitive mood, and having a large percentage of randomness contributing to your outcome annoys me, so I wasn't happy with the bouncing tables. :(

Nevertheless, winning has a tendency to cut down on the annoyance :)

O2

Congrats man!!  I was put off by the tables also. I figure that they have to do it that way do to the distance to the table. If they used steel I think splash-back would be to much of an issue at that close range.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.