Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend a gunsmith?
I've recently moved back to Denver after several years down south and have found myself in need of two things. I would like to find someone or place very proficient in Glock customization that's local and also a good gunsmith to do a little trigger work on my PT92. Anyone want to chime in with a recommendation? I'd very much appreciate it.
Men are only anti-gun until the first time they fail to defend their families
The Patriot Act was the most unpatriotic act our Congress has ever enacted. ABOLISH THE FED.
I can't remember his name but the gunsmith at Bristlecone store is pretty good. Union & Cedar. I believe that is Lakewood.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

ok, thank you very much. i'll look into that.
The Patriot Act was the most unpatriotic act our Congress has ever enacted. ABOLISH THE FED.
(04-25-2015, 01:58 AM)drumvudu Wrote: I've recently moved back to Denver after several years down south and have found myself in need of two things. I would like to find someone or place very proficient in Glock customization that's local and also a good gunsmith to do a little trigger work on my PT92.  Anyone want to chime in with a recommendation? I'd very much appreciate it.

There's a possible implication here that you know a decent gunsmith in the Colorado Springs area?  The ones I know of are competent to swap out sights, etc., but I'd not trust them to figure out why a gun is malfing a lot.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
I assume that you mentioned the Springs because I said "down south" but I actually meant a little further south than that. Houston, Texas.
(04-28-2015, 07:12 AM)308 Fan Wrote: There's a possible implication here that you know a decent gunsmith in the Colorado Springs area?  The ones I know of are competent to swap out sights, etc., but I'd not trust them to figure out why a gun is malfing a lot.

Also, to clarify, I'm not really having any problems with my 92. It has always been perfectly reliable. I just know from past experience that one that holds proper talents can turn a 92 trigger into a thing of sheer beauty. I would give nearly anything to have not been in a position where I had no choice but to sell the last one I had as I fear that I will never get another one to shoot as well for me as it did. But I'm sure as hell gonna try.
(04-27-2015, 10:00 PM)Beau Wrote: I can't remember his name but the gunsmith at Bristlecone store is pretty good. Union & Cedar. I believe that is Lakewood.

I forgot his name, too, and I'm there every other weekend usually. His hours are probably the worst thing about him, as it's mostly in the middle of the day, so I'd call and check ahead of time before showing up. Or, you can email them at info@bristleconeshooting.com, and they can get you an answer. I have seen him there midday on Saturdays, before. But I think his hours are somewhat mutable, so there's not necessarily a specific set of days/times he's always there. 

And yes, that's Lakewood. :) 
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
Hey JackRock. Did you go to the pins match there last night?
When in doubt. JFC.

I would have, if I wasn't in school at that time. I have a couple more weeks left of this semester, then I'm taking the summer off. If they do another during that time, I may try then.

For now, most of my time is limited to Fri-Sun, about once every 2-3 weeks. I am going this Saturday, I believe, as my mother wants to try some S&W revolvers.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
(04-28-2015, 05:58 PM)Beau Wrote: Hey JackRock. Did you go to the pins match there last night?

Am I reading this right? Bristlecone is running bowling pin matches?

I haven't shot 'pins in years. Make that decades!

Just checked their web page, YES! I'd make a pilgrimage for that, I always enjoyed pins!

Time to dust off the 255gr LSWC .45ACP bullets specifically made for pins. I thought they'd never see another pin match!

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
If we get enough COGO members going, I may skip school to attend - but not this semester. All I have left are finals and reviews for finals, so skipping is a very bad idea. But if it's in the summer, or early-to-mid in the Fall semester, I'm down. I've been dying to get some face time with other COGO and OCDC shooters.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
I'm going to try to make the 5 O'Clock match this Monday if there are any spots left. Guess I better sign up now.
When in doubt. JFC.

(05-01-2015, 11:20 PM)Beau Wrote: I'm going to try to make the 5 O'Clock match this Monday if there are any spots left. Guess I better sign up now.

Sadly, I'll be preparing for finals in class. :( I can't wait until the semester is over (May 12th). 
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
I never got signed up. Probably full but if work is cancelled tomorrow I'll give em a call.
When in doubt. JFC.

*UPDATE*

So, I had several people recommend Bristlecone and Parker Arms in Wheat Ridge. Obviously, several people here are familiar with the former, Anyone deal with Parker Arms especially relating to gunsmith work?
(05-05-2015, 07:05 AM)drumvudu Wrote: *UPDATE*

So, I had several people recommend Bristlecone and Parker Arms in Wheat Ridge. Obviously, several people here are familiar with the former,  Anyone deal with Parker Arms especially relating to gunsmith work?

Never heard of them. 
When in doubt. JFC.

Not to blow our own horn, but we are in Golden

One of our guys; Matt is a Glock artist: (he freelances)

http://tueborprecision.com/

custom Glock work is his specialty. he usually has a table at the Tanner.

He will be shooting some of his custom Glocks at our upcoming steel and bowling pin matches in Conifer.
(06-14-2015, 05:26 PM)Aimpro Wrote: Not to blow our own horn, but we are in Golden

One of our guys; Matt is a Glock artist: (he freelances)

http://tueborprecision.com/

custom Glock work is his specialty.  he usually has a table at the Tanner.

He will be shooting some of his custom Glocks at our upcoming steel and bowling pin matches in Conifer.

What a bizarre day for you to post this. I just found you guys on the web the other day and had planned on emailing or calling you tomorrow about doing a trigger job on a PT-92 I have. Maybe I will just bring you both.
Give us a call, we'll sort you out and happy to.

We have been off the radar for a while because of some big projects, but we're getting ready for training season and we want to get back in the swing of things with the local community.
(06-14-2015, 05:33 PM)Aimpro Wrote: Give us a call, we'll sort you out and happy to.

We have been off the radar for a while because of some big projects, but we're getting ready for training season and we want to get back in the swing of things with the local community.

BTW, I meant AIMPRO, I assume you work there but i will check out the link you posted.