Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kroger announces they'll abide by local gun laws
(Which sub-forum should these go in?)

Kroger announced that they will abide by local laws and basically states that it's none of their business, nationwide. Bravo Kroger.

They do have draconian rules for employees, both on and off the clock, including that employees may not have secured firearms in their personal vehicles...

But it's a start.

And I know which chain I'll be buying groceries from now.

Safeway maintains a no firearms policy from everything I've found.

Vote with your dollars.
I've seen people open carry in Safeways. Furthermore I know a Safeway employee pretty well and he says he sees it fairly often. Perhaps managers sometimes look the other way?
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
I've open carried in King Soopers as recently as this week (Tuesday, iirc). I've even sent corporate a letter, thanking them for not backing down to MDA.

Kroger made up its mind a while back (a few months) - they're just gaining notice again due to a recent interview with their CFO.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
(03-27-2015, 12:49 AM)308 Fan Wrote: I've seen people open carry in Safeways. Furthermore I know a Safeway employee pretty well and he says he sees it fairly often. Perhaps managers sometimes look the other way?

Perhaps. All it'll do is get the manager fired, if push comes to shove.

Honestly, I'd rather support a mom and pop. But those are few and far between in the grocery biz anymore.

If I have to pay for some execs salary and add to the numbers that dictate his or her bonus and equity options value, it might as well be the exec who isn't a total ****-tard.
"Safeway maintains a no firearms policy from everything I've found."

I've never seen a sign posted at any of my local Safeway's.
I've never noticed one either. Never had a problem carrying in Safeway.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.