Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think we found my wife's first EDC!
My wife has been thinking about getting the P99, ever since she shot our friend's. She's not as keen on the PPQ as I am. 

However, we rented a Beretta PX4 (9mm, 3.2" barrel) from Bristlecone Shooting Center, and she liked it a lot. She's still more or less on the fence between the two, but mentioned that if she was forced pick right now, the Beretta would be it. Now, I'm a Walther guy, but she's not wholly sold on them like I am, and I'm just happy she's coming closer to making a final decision. Once I get my bonus check (either this Friday or next), I think I'll be buying her that one! 

Just for those who have owned/regularly shot one in the past: are the rear sights adjustable? She was shooting pretty far left, and I didn't see any obvious windage adjustments on it.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
Have some else shoot it and see if it's shooting left to see where the problem is, if you get my drift. :)

Another one to look at is the EAA Pavona. Yhea, the colors make me wince but I have a steel Witness Compact which is probably the best hand-fitting gun I own, and a friend's wife really likes the Pavona which is a tweaked-for-a-woman version of the Polymer WC.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
(03-08-2015, 11:50 PM)O2HeN2 Wrote: Have some else shoot it and see if it's shooting left to see where the problem is, if you get my drift. :)

Another one to look at is the EAA Pavona. Yhea, the colors make me wince but I have a steel Witness Compact which is probably the best hand-fitting gun I own, and a friend's wife really likes the Pavona which is a tweaked-for-a-woman version of the Polymer WC.

O2
It shoots left for me, too. It may be that I've got to little finger on the trigger. I'll test that theory on my next visit to the range.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
(03-14-2015, 08:08 PM)JackRock Wrote: It shoots left for me, too. It may be that I've got to little finger on the trigger. I'll test that theory on my next visit to the range.

Time to bench-rest it.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.