Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leonard Nimoy has moved on.
The original Spock has moved on. I remember watching original Star Trek with my Grandparents as a kid. Good memories.

I learned where the Vulcan Salute came from in this video. It's quite interesting.

Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

A sad day.

I bought a can of pea soup, rechristened it "plomik soup" in his honor.

Much of the appeal of his character is that he would insist that one must make the right decision based on knowledge of the situation and a rational thought process (realistically, they should have said "rationality" was the Vulcan way, not "logic") rather than sheer emotionalism. Of course, I believe even a perfectly rational being would have emotions (thus, they got him wrong) when achieving his values, or when seeing them threatened.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
He said he got the Idea of the Vulcan salute from when they went to their Jewish religious ceremonies as a child.
They were supposed to have their eyes closed when the elders made this hand sign asking Gods blessing.
(03-01-2015, 09:55 PM)bufordtjustice Wrote: He said he got the Idea of the Vulcan salute from when they went to their Jewish religious ceremonies as a child.
They were supposed to have their eyes closed when the elders made this hand sign asking Gods blessing.

I watched him (in person) tell the story, and every time he demonstrated the salute for a moment in passing, a zillion flashbulbs went off.  After he finished, he shrugged, put an "I give up" look on his face, held the salute for several seconds, and then said "You really can go blind from looking."
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun