Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JEFFCO CHP WAITING TIME
I applied to Jeffco for my CHP on Feb 4th. Got a call today that it's been approved and I can pick it up tomorrow. That's exactly 2 weeks to the day.

Surprised then hell out of me

SgtDon  Draw
My Jeffco CHP took about 2 months in the spring of 2013, at the height of the post-Newtown craziness.
My permit with Adams County took 90 days to the day.
I'm getting the impression from things I've read that the Adams County constabulary is, shall we say, unenthusiastic about armed citizens that aren't cops.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(02-18-2015, 08:53 AM)308 Fan Wrote: I'm getting the impression from things I've read that the Adams County constabulary is, shall we say, unenthusiastic about armed citizens that aren't cops.

The Sheriff in the county is known to be anti-2a.
That is an amazing turn around time. Congrats.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

I got mine from Sheriff Minck (before the recent election) three weeks to the day. Quite fast. I have a buddy who lives in Adams County, and says it's pretty bad, trying to get his CHP. I also have another coworker who is applying this month to Denver.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
Interesting to see what Denver wait times currently are.
When in doubt. JFC.

Once I hear back from my buddy at work, I'll see if he's okay with me letting you all know.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
Quick follow up on Jeffco. My wife just submitted her CHP paperwork just this last Friday. The clerk there outright told her that it would almost certainly be 2-4 weeks, because they were prioritizing women.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
(03-14-2015, 08:10 PM)JackRock Wrote: Quick follow up on Jeffco. My wife just submitted her CHP paperwork just this last Friday. The clerk there outright told her that it would almost certainly be 2-4 weeks, because they were prioritizing women.

I know this may not jive with some but I don't like the sound of that. Applications should be processed in the order received. To do differently is wrong whatever the reason may be. 
When in doubt. JFC.

I'm with you on that Beau.
After you have jumped through all the hoops you should be treated as the next person in line.
(03-15-2015, 08:58 AM)bufordtjustice Wrote: I'm with you on that Beau.
After you have jumped through all the hoops you should be treated as the next person in line.

Agreed. 

Imagine if they (for whatever reason) were pushing female applicants to the bottom and processing male applicants first. I'm pretty sure that would involve the city getting sued.
When in doubt. JFC.

That would be the top story on evey Denver news channel the day after it was discovered.
(02-18-2015, 08:53 AM)308 Fan Wrote: I'm getting the impression from things I've read that the Adams County constabulary is, shall we say, unenthusiastic about armed citizens that aren't cops.

Hey, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to know if I could get your impressions about your M&P AR15. Do you have the sport? I'm looking at picking one up and can't seem to find anyone without an agenda to give me their "review"
Men are only anti-gun until the first time they fail to defend their families
The Patriot Act was the most unpatriotic act our Congress has ever enacted. ABOLISH THE FED.
I really haven't shot it much, maybe 200 rounds and not recently. When I do long guns they tend to be 308s. So I can't say much useful about it.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun