Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
was denied a gun
ok guys so ill try to explain the short way have lived in Colorado since 01 found out about 5 months ago I had a warrant in another state for unpaid tickets no insurance ticket and under alcohol possession charges so I called up and paid it all off warrant quashed tickets paid all good. so in oct I went on my honeymoon fly out of dia I stupidly forget I have my butterfly knife in my back pocket put it in what I thought was my checked bag except was my carryon so long story they find it take it give me a smack on the rest off I go on my honeymoon. 3 wks later get a fine in the mail from homeland security says pay it all is well so I paid it about a wk ago got confirmation went to cabelas to buy a rifle and get denied sent in the paperwork to appeal haven't heard yet. could the knife have gotten me redflagged and now being denied
Short answer, I don't know.

People get denied all the time. Most often it's in error. Unfortunately it sounds like you're going to have to wait for the appeal. I don't know a whole lot about denials so I am not even sure how you would find out the reason for the denial.

Can I ask what the fine was for? What reason did they give? I have never heard of that before.
That gun dealer gets denied service thing seems to pop up every year.

The article was about commuted sentences. Whats the connection?
(12-19-2014, 05:30 PM)brianis Wrote: ok guys so ill try to explain the short way have lived in Colorado since 01 found out about 5 months ago I had a warrant in another state for unpaid tickets no insurance ticket and under alcohol possession charges so I called up and paid it all off warrant quashed tickets paid all good.  so in oct I went on my honeymoon fly out of dia I stupidly forget I have my butterfly knife in my back pocket put it in what I thought was my checked bag except was my carryon so long story they find it take it give me a smack on the rest off I go on my honeymoon.  3 wks later get a fine in the mail from homeland security says pay it all is well so I paid it about a wk ago got confirmation went to cabelas to buy a rifle and get denied sent in the paperwork to appeal haven't heard yet.  could the knife have gotten me redflagged and now being denied

What I did and with good results, is tell the CBI to go fornicate themselves.