Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
was denied a gun
ok guys so ill try to explain the short way have lived in Colorado since 01 found out about 5 months ago I had a warrant in another state for unpaid tickets no insurance ticket and under alcohol possession charges so I called up and paid it all off warrant quashed tickets paid all good. so in oct I went on my honeymoon fly out of dia I stupidly forget I have my butterfly knife in my back pocket put it in what I thought was my checked bag except was my carryon so long story they find it take it give me a smack on the rest off I go on my honeymoon. 3 wks later get a fine in the mail from homeland security says pay it all is well so I paid it about a wk ago got confirmation went to cabelas to buy a rifle and get denied sent in the paperwork to appeal haven't heard yet. could the knife have gotten me redflagged and now being denied
Short answer, I don't know.

People get denied all the time. Most often it's in error. Unfortunately it sounds like you're going to have to wait for the appeal. I don't know a whole lot about denials so I am not even sure how you would find out the reason for the denial.

Can I ask what the fine was for? What reason did they give? I have never heard of that before.
That gun dealer gets denied service thing seems to pop up every year.

The article was about commuted sentences. Whats the connection?
(12-19-2014, 05:30 PM)brianis Wrote: ok guys so ill try to explain the short way have lived in Colorado since 01 found out about 5 months ago I had a warrant in another state for unpaid tickets no insurance ticket and under alcohol possession charges so I called up and paid it all off warrant quashed tickets paid all good.  so in oct I went on my honeymoon fly out of dia I stupidly forget I have my butterfly knife in my back pocket put it in what I thought was my checked bag except was my carryon so long story they find it take it give me a smack on the rest off I go on my honeymoon.  3 wks later get a fine in the mail from homeland security says pay it all is well so I paid it about a wk ago got confirmation went to cabelas to buy a rifle and get denied sent in the paperwork to appeal haven't heard yet.  could the knife have gotten me redflagged and now being denied

What I did and with good results, is tell the CBI to go fornicate themselves.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)