Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whistling Pines West opening today (12/6) in Colorado Springs
At 9am. It's a "soft" opening -- they're not stocked up yet.

Looks like a nice place, less than a mile West of I25 just off Garden of the Gods road. Heading west on GotG from I25, turn right on Elkton immediately after after the Sonic Drive In, then left on Peace Palace Point after the big "DMS" sign on your left. Peace Palace Point ends in their parking lot.

http://www.whistlingpinesgunclub.com.../landing-page/

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
I went, I shot. I dragged a couple of guns out of retirement for the occasion, including an old S&W 10mm. I managed to shoot one target before anyone else got started, and presented it to the owner, so he can hang it next to the $2 bill which was the first money spent there. The bad news is, I shot horribly for that target, but later on I did some pretty damn good target shooting (for me anyway), getting 10 rounds of 10mm easily within a four inch circle (more like 2 1/2 inches) at 5 yards (that's hard for me, I constantly fight a tendency to "push" anticipating the recoil).

After that it was trivially easy to do the same with fifty rounds of .22.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(12-06-2014, 06:15 PM)308 Fan Wrote: I managed to shoot one target before anyone else got started, and presented it to the owner, so he can hang it next to the $2 bill which was the first money spent there.
Now I know who you are and you know who I am... I'm the guy who handed him the $2! :)

O2
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
LOL! I bet he frames the two bucks, but I doubt he'll do much with that target. It really was pathetic shooting.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
If anyone is wondering why a $2 bill, it started years ago with this:

Why you should spend a $2 at Starbucks

O2