Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
notification issue
I am subscribed to 2 threads with instant email notification, but I did not receive any notification messages when new replies were added. I have no spam-filtering set on my email client and did check that my profile has the correct email address. (I also never received a message to confirm and complete my registration on the forum either.)

If it's a known general problem, or a designed feature for new members, I can live with it. But if there's something peculiar with my account, please take a look. Thanks.
"If you got to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!" -Tuco Ramirez-
It is not a problem with your account. The email system is a bit prissy. I'll see what I can do. Thank you for asking. I knew the activation emails were hit and miss but I was not aware about the email notifictation acting up.
LJ
Smileak
I just noticed that I'm also not getting notifications.
Fear not the gunDraw, only the holes it makes!:AR15firing:
You broke it. Your fired :biggrin:
Smileak
Yeah right, I'm bigger then you!:flamethrower:
I too did not recieve an activation email. I don't have email notificatio on threads enabled though so I wouldn't know about that.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

The email system will be down for an undetermined amount of time. The php mail system the software uses is not working and no one seems to know why. I am looking into purchasing web based email hosting to resolve this issue.

LJ
Smileak
You must have corrected something, Lead Junkie. I received 2 email notifications today. Thanks.
(02-22-2011, 09:55 AM)Anubis Wrote: You must have corrected something, Lead Junkie. I received 2 email notifications today. Thanks.

Now that makes no sense. Who does it say the emails are from? Will you forward them to me please. Send them to cogunowners@aol.com
Smileak
I believe he is talking about the notification emails we someone replies to a thread that you have subscribed to. I have also started getting the emails today.
right. I have not received any though. What is the sender name? Is it Colorado Gun Owners???
Smileak
(02-22-2011, 08:44 PM)Lead Junkie Wrote: What is the sender name? Is it Colorado Gun Owners???

Yes, that's the name. The address is LeadJunkie @ cogunowners.com. I am forwarding a couple of examples now.

I started receiving thread notification emails as well. The test account I created received the activation email with in 15 minutes. I did not think the fixes I tried had worked. Apparantly they did. Now if I could only get the member to member emails to work also.
Smileak