Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it legal to practice carry with a blue gun?
I'm new to carrying a gun on my person. I'm trying to find the most comfortable carry position/holster while waiting for my CCW and will be "fiddling" with gun and position. I would feel more comfortable doing this with a blue weighted practice gun. Is there any law against ccw or open carry with a "fake" gun? Thanks
No there is not. Carry away.

OC is also legal without a CHP everywhere except the city and county of Denver. You could carry that way also.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(06-25-2014, 02:53 PM)Beau Wrote:  No there is not. Carry away.

OC is also legal without a CHP everywhere except the city and county of Denver. You could carry that way also.

Thank you.
Curious if you picked up a blue gun for practice carry. I've thought about getting one to OC when in Denver. Kind of a way to protest their open carry ban.
When in doubt. JFC.

(02-23-2015, 04:29 PM)Beau Wrote:  Curious if you picked up a blue gun for practice carry. I've thought about getting one to OC when in Denver. Kind of a way to protest their open carry ban.

No, I did not go with the blue gun. I figured practicing carrying for a week with a fake gun would be the same as practice carrying with a real gun without one in the chamber, having the option to put one in the chamber rather then not. I'm very comfortable with the gun/holster I now carry every day with one in the pipe.
(03-13-2015, 01:05 PM)Joe Manco Wrote:  No, I did not go with the blue gun. I figured practicing carrying for a week with a fake gun would be the same as practice carrying with a real gun without one in the chamber, having the option to put one in the chamber rather then not. I'm very comfortable with the gun/holster I now carry every day with one in the pipe.

That's awesome. When I first started carrying I carried an empty chamber for a while. Then I was scolded and told to learn how my gun works. So I did. I can't imagine carrying with an empty chamber now.
When in doubt. JFC.