Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: (People's Status Updates)
well, after 2 months of being over the road, and never getting more than about 2400-2600 miles a week (except one time I got 3300 miles, but only once in 10 weeks), I took a dedicated run from Colorado to Oklahoma/Nebraska/Wyoming. out 5 days, 2 days off here at home. pays $.33 per mile, and 2600 miles a week. More money, less work, and more home time = WIN/WIN for me! And getting a new truck to boot.

I get home, I'm getting that AR-15 outta storage and gonna go send lead downrange! Woooot! Can't wait!
(06-19-2014, 03:56 PM)HannahBearCo Wrote: well, after 2 months of being over the road, and never getting more than about 2400-2600 miles a week (except one time I got 3300 miles, but only once in 10 weeks), I took a dedicated run from Colorado to Oklahoma/Nebraska/Wyoming. out 5 days, 2 days off here at home. pays $.33 per mile, and 2600 miles a week. More money, less work, and more home time = WIN/WIN for me! And getting a new truck to boot.

I get home, I'm getting that AR-15 outta storage and gonna go send lead downrange! Woooot! Can't wait!

After watching politics all week, it's nice to hear some good news. Thanks for posting!
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One of the greatest fears politicians have is seeing an angry guy with lots of guns charging down the street, because they know he’s probably on his way to commit an act of voting.

well I got a raise a few weeks ago from .33 cents per mile and $800 a week guaranteed to $.37 cpm and $900 a week guaranteed minimum.

if I exceed 2433 miles i get my $900 plus any extra.

grossed $1019 2 weeks ago. sure made for a nice check!

i had my sinus surgery today and it went well.

They drained and cleared out my right sinus cavity as it had a blockage, they straightened my septum so i wouldnt have a blocked airway in/out of my nose and cut out my turbinates (lining of my nasal passages and inside my nostrils because they were red, swollen and irritated).

got a sinus grade headache, nose feels raw and tired but otherwise I am doing well. im amazed i can actually breathe through my nose. i have never known what that feels like.

doc has me on hydrocodone. works pretty good.
Wow. Can't believe this thread is dead since June. Even I forgot about it.

Going through a tough decision right now. Let the forum die. Or, upgrade to vbulletin to try to attract more users. hhmmmmm
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

upgrade to vbulletin!
I want to but, this forum hasn't grown the way I thought it would. I really am getting tired of throwing money at it without getting the expected result. I just don't know if having vbulletin would help. Do you think it would?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
When in doubt. JFC.

I'm not at all certain what vbulletin is, but there's a very faddy forum user interface out there I can't STAND, as there's no way to set it to simply find all new postings. I hope that's not vbulletin.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(10-29-2014, 07:19 PM)Beau Wrote: I want to but, this forum hasn't grown the way I thought it would. I really am getting tired of throwing money at it without getting the expected result. I just don't know if having vbulletin would help. Do you think it would?

I know someone that has an older version of vBulletin that you could probably get cheap. Real cheap. Probably like how fast can you transfer this junk off my server cheap. It's older, but transferable and upgradeable. He recommends you steer clear of vBulletin because it has become slow and bloated, especially the 5.x series. Instead, look into Xenforo.

I think there are ways to better promote a forum so it shows up more on Google searches that might help with the traffic, but I have no idea where to point you. And something called SEO that I have no clue about.

It ain't going to matter what software you run if people don't know the forum is here. Social media has done a number on everyone's forums.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One of the greatest fears politicians have is seeing an angry guy with lots of guns charging down the street, because they know he’s probably on his way to commit an act of voting.

(10-29-2014, 07:19 PM)Beau Wrote: I want to but, this forum hasn't grown the way I thought it would. I really am getting tired of throwing money at it without getting the expected result. I just don't know if having vbulletin would help. Do you think it would?

I have several versions of vbulletin (full use free of charge).

however, your problem is a combination of

lack of aesthetically appealing graphics
forum software (ease of use being biggest factor)
advertising/attracting members
retaining interest and getting members involved in discussion and participation.

simply put...installing new forum software will not solve the problem in and of itself.

you need to spread the word. drop flyers and pamphlets off at gun ranges, shooting ranges, gun dealers. encourage them to hand them out, promote the site.

you need to entice gun stores/shops/shooting clubs to come advertise on the forum and handout your cards and offer discounts.

you need seminars on 2A, hcp, oc vs. cc, firearms handling and education, etc.

You gotta DRAW peoples interest.

And you need those who have time to invest in helping that to all happen.

i can help on the graphics design/web design/forum design part of that. about all the time I have with work.
got a new job. much better than the dumpster fire that is Werner that I was working for.

the pay is great. driving a flatbed for a concrete company. my bring home pay is what I was grossing at Werner.

home every night. off on weekends. 10 paid holidays off a year. 2 weeks vacation. life is good.
(04-11-2015, 11:51 PM)HannahBearCo Wrote: got a new job.  much better than the dumpster fire that is Werner that I was working for.  

the pay is great.  driving a flatbed for a concrete company.  my bring home pay is what I was grossing at Werner.

home every night.  off on weekends.  10 paid holidays off a year.  2 weeks vacation.  life is good.

Celebrate.  Buy a new gun.  Or new camera gear. Bacondance Smileak woot
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(04-12-2015, 11:10 AM)308 Fan Wrote: Celebrate.  Buy a new gun.  Or new camera gear. Bacondance Smileak woot
i actually did celebrate.. I bought winter hiking gear. :)

microspikes
[Image: 87ea7c450497f3e9c99db57f8c668c24.jpg]

marmot hard shell
[Image: d4a837d7df537beaaca33b9bac5532e5.jpg]

northface goretex insulated ski pants
[Image: 2de4f2c819899cacc4f328a310b77e2b.jpg]

Black Diamond Ice Axe
[Image: 5736e44635e2b655f1f85ee26d060c88.jpg]

Columbia Turbodown 650 fil Puffy
[Image: af54f953ed371ffb24a4288db594d7ef.jpg]

bought Columbia Bugaboo winter hiking boots but they hurt my feet so i took them back.

ticket for the Cardinals vs. Rockies game on June 9th. go Cardinals!!! :)

Elitch Gardens Season Pass (free parking and 3 bring a friend tickets).

Bought tickets to the Aurora Airshow on May 29-31.

and bought a brand new Sims Wrath snowboard on sale at Sports Authority for $50
[Image: 407e0fe577751b1eee170da5901295e8.jpg]
Now that's a celebration!!!
When in doubt. JFC.

life is treating me well. good job, making money, climbing and hiking and storm chasing. need to find time to go the range and get some target practice in soon.

hope everyone else is having a good time and good fortunes as well.
Spent a great weekend in Estes Park and the Stanley Hotel's ghost tour. We were taking friends who we'd never met face-to-face, but my wife has known for 10 years (I've known them for about four). But I'm back at work. Can I have a vacation?
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
so last Monday I went and did a thing...:D
[Image: 5384d64355e7c276ee10bebe0f3e0c4b.jpg]

04 Mach 1 with 71k and a 5 speed.
Thumbsup That looks like a car that could get you into trouble
(08-04-2015, 01:22 PM)bufordtjustice Wrote: Thumbsup That looks like a car that could get you into trouble
its a fun kind of trouble though!

hope to go to Bandimere soon and make a few passes.
[Image: 3299f7a30a783e8248905ac5a136d08a.jpg]

got boots and binders for my board finally

[Image: 23104b03fa20b91b0c0fd43e4666412f.jpg]

and new ski goggles
[Image: c66cd95ee116f1abb0b3ea14cbee3db0.jpg]

now I just need lessons and a lift ticket
Awesome! I know I won't be able to go up much this year, maybe a couple times. Looking forward to getting a board under my feet.
When in doubt. JFC.